• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Five Early Predictions for the 2020-21 Season

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Michael Porter Jr. will be a foundation piece for the Denver Nuggets.

2) The Cavs will make a surprise run towards the playoffs, but will ultimately fall a couple games short.

3) The Houston Rockets, realizing a need for rim protection, will swing a multi-team deal for Myles Turner next February.

4) Charlotte will win the draft lottery and select Anthony Edwards.

5) Demar DeRozan, realizing the dryness of this year's FA market, will opt in to his contract with the Spurs, only to be traded to Memphis on draft night.

Have fun! :suds:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2) The Cavs will make a surprise run towards the playoffs, but will ultimately fall a couple games short.

3) The Houston Rockets, realizing a need for rim protection, will swing a multi-team deal for Myles Turner next February.

5) Demar DeRozan, realizing the dryness of this year's FA market, will opt in to his contract with the Spurs, only to be traded to Memphis on draft night.

1) Absolutely. I think Porter Jr. is a fantastic talent, his only problem has always been his health.

2) East could be open, but I'm not thrilled with their roster. I think they really aren't in contention for a playoff spot next year.

3) Good fit for Turner and a nice change of scenery. But I think there will be more offers to be had for Turner if the Pacers move him.

4) Sorry, it's gonna be the Warriors. NBA needs this to happen because the ratings have dipped since the Warriors haven't been the Warriors. We got the #1 spot on lock.

5) I think he'd actually be a really great fit in Atlanta, who will have cap space to pay him. I think he'll opt for more years with less AAV.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Absolutely. I think Porter Jr. is a fantastic talent, his only problem has always been his health.

2) East could be open, but I'm not thrilled with their roster. I think they really aren't in contention for a playoff spot next year.

3) Good fit for Turner and a nice change of scenery. But I think there will be more offers to be had for Turner if the Pacers move him.

4) Sorry, it's gonna be the Warriors. NBA needs this to happen because the ratings have dipped since the Warriors haven't been the Warriors. We got the #1 spot on lock.

5) I think he'd actually be a really great fit in Atlanta, who will have cap space to pay him. I think he'll opt for more years with less AAV.

Warriors don’t even need to win it.

Obi Toppin probably isn’t a future superstar, but he is EXACTLY what the Warriors need.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It seems like we play this game every year with Atlanta, but every year they show little no interest in any of the premier free agents. Now that they got Capela with all the expiring contracts they've acquired last summer, I don't really see that changing.

DeRozan's flaws are well-documented by now, but still a ton of talent in play. That's why I can see the Grizzlies, who won't be signing anyone of note on the actual FA market, take a one-year tryout on him via trade. He's got familiarity with Valanciunas, too.

Kyle Anderson, Gorgui Dieng, and a 2nd round pick would be a fair deal for both teams.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeRozan's flaws are well-documented by now, but still a ton of talent in play. That's why I can see the Grizzlies, who won't be signing anyone of note on the actual FA market, take a one-year tryout on him via trade. He's got familiarity with Valanciunas, too.

Imo, he needs to go to a team where he can be a #2 or preferably a #3 player.

I don't think there's any way that they could get him, but he would be a great #3 on the Lakers (if he's not suffering from Lebron PTSD).

He'd probably do well in Milwaukee or even back in Toronto now that Siakam has become a star quality player. Could help the Sixers too.

He'd be a very good #2 and could be a great #3.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, he needs to go to a team where he can be a #2 or preferably a #3 player.

I don't think there's any way that they could get him, but he would be a great #3 on the Lakers (if he's not suffering from Lebron PTSD).

He'd probably do well in Milwaukee or even back in Toronto now that Siakam has become a star quality player. Could help the Sixers too.

He'd be a very good #2 and could be a great #3.

I kind of disagree.

You really want your 2nd and 3rd option types to be able to spread the floor (especially when they are guards) playing off of other better players.

I do not think there are many scenarios where he would fit perfectly, but he really had the perfect storm in Toronto. They were a defensive minded team where he could be the offensive focal point. With Siakim’s emergence, that isn’t the case anymore. I think he needs that role to maximize his skill set. He is a ball in the hands kind of player. And there aren’t many good teams out there where he can play that on ball role.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Ben Simmons amazes with 3 point shooting he finally developed with the extra down time.

2) Bucks still look good, but aren't this year's juggernaut with a ton of Giannis will be stay or will be to distraction.

3) with a good high draft pick the Warriors do a sign and trade with Cleveland and get Drummond for Wiggins and the ally oops are incredible.

4) Some basketball team in New York is finally relevant.

5) The NBA announces new expansion teams to Seattle and ?????? Pittsburgh

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Ben Simmons amazes with 3 point shooting he finally developed with the extra down time.

2) Bucks still look good, but aren't this year's juggernaut with a ton of Giannis will be stay or will be to distraction.

3) with a good high draft pick the Warriors do a sign and trade with Cleveland and get Drummond for Wiggins and the ally oops are incredible.

5) maybe Seattle and Las Vegas with Memphis and New Orleans moving to the East

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything will be canceled until January 2021.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything will be canceled until January 2021.
Are you trying to kill us all?!? It's going to be shut down until AT LEAST 2023

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to kill us all?!? It's going to be shut down until AT LEAST 2023

I heard that Goodell is determined to play in 2020. He's contracting wetsuit companies to make wetsuits in team colors and the helmets will be like space helmets with air purifiers. Players will strp off the wetsuits after the game and toss them into portable furnace. They will then walk through a shower of alcohol and then a hot water shower, then through a filtered air blower then wear a CPAP gizmo home. at least we'll have football to watch. Oh yeah, Refs will be in special high air quality mopeds.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that Goodell is determined to play in 2020. He's contracting wetsuit companies to make wetsuits in team colors and the helmets will be like space helmets with air purifiers. Players will strp off the wetsuits after the game and toss them into portable furnace. They will then walk through a shower of alcohol and then a hot water shower, then through a filtered air blower then wear a CPAP gizmo home. at least we'll have football to watch. Oh yeah, Refs will be in special high air quality mopeds.

Player safety always comes first in the NFL!

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi What do you think of my Spurs/Memphis trade proposal in my previous post of this thread involving DeRozan?

Even though I think a guy like Evan Fournier would be a better fit for that team, Memphis is going to be capped out here in 2020 after having to absorb Miami's overpaid scrubs in order to swap Iggy for Winslow. In turn, DeRozan is going to be the best possible acquisition the Grizzlies could make...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm guessing you're joking. LOL. Seems like the Warriors are one of the last teams who would go in that direction and trade for Drummond. And that would be quite a return on investment for the Cavs, considering they only paid peanuts for Drummond.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you're joking. LOL. Seems like the Warriors are one of the last teams who would go in that direction and trade for Drummond. And that would be quite a return on investment for the Cavs, considering they only paid peanuts for Drummond.

You have been talking about trading for Drummond for awhile now.

I agree that is way too much. But what I said all along is that the Warrior model is built around great perimeter play and cheap quality on the interior. I think Wiggins fits them really well and Drummond simply doesn’t. He would be a luxury.

They need to work on getting another quality rotation wing for the bench and another quality rotation big.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi What do you think of my Spurs/Memphis trade proposal in my previous post of this thread involving DeRozan?

Even though I think a guy like Evan Fournier would be a better fit for that team, Memphis is going to be capped out here in 2020 after having to absorb Miami's overpaid scrubs in order to swap Iggy for Winslow. In turn, DeRozan is going to be the best possible acquisition the Grizzlies could make...

I think from Memphis standpoint they would love it, but I can't see a reason why the Spurs would do it. Kyle Anderson is not even a starting caliber player at this point. Add that he's got nearly 17M left spread out over the next two years and you're really not getting any value back. Dieng is nothing more than an expiring/backup big. And then you have a 2nd round pick which is nice, but not enough.

The Spurs would be better off just letting Derozan walk than taking back another 10M in 2022 for Anderson.

I think a trade of Dillon Brooks, Grayson Allen and Dieng for Derozan is more fair market.

The Spurs would get two talented young players for Derozan and some cap relief. Memphis gets a fringe All-star to play with Morant and still have Jaren Jackson, Valanciunus, Winslow, Brandon Clarke. If they stay healthy, that's a playoff team, and a dangerous one.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn you think highly of the Cavs. They must draft LaMelo and he becomes a superstar in this scenario

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So the fix is in for GS. Not surprised

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you think highly of the Cavs. They must draft LaMelo and he becomes a superstar in this scenario

I was thinking more along the lines of a Kevin Love/Julius Randle swap.

According to RealGM, the Knicks were in the market to gamble on a disgruntled star. I'm sure the Cavs may have to throw in a second rounder or two to sweeten the deal. I'm sure you would do this. Correct me if I'm wrong if otherwise...

A full season of Drummond would help as well, provided he opts into the last year of his contract.

@CitySushi You make some valid points in your post and I'll reply to it later on.