• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL: Who will win: Seahawks or 49ers?

Who will win:

• Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • San Francisco 49ers

Votes: 63 44.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pistlpete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my perspective, if Harvin is healthy enough too play, we'll have about an 85% percent chance of winning. Without him 65%.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my perspective, if Harvin is healthy enough too play, we'll have about an 85% percent chance of winning. Without him 65%.

Just like with Rice this year, defenses still had to game plan and commit resources to him during the game. If Harvin is out there, which of course Pete Carroll will call a "game time decision" this week, SF will still have to game plan for him being out there.

Even if he plays and ends up a nonfactor in the game, he'll still be a positive force out there with SF having to commit to defend him. Spreads the SF D out thinner. Yep, that increases the odds in our favor.

That running play were he lined up at the slot as if Seahawks were going to pass, then slashed behind the Oline and took the handoff from Wilson and hit the edge for a 1st down was right out of the college book of plays. You can see what a extra dimension it adds to our playbook. SF won't be able to game plan well for this. They have almost 0 tape on Harvin this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

pistlpete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like with Rice this year, defenses still had to game plan and commit resources to him during the game. If Harvin is out there, which of course Pete Carroll will call a "game time decision" this week, SF will still have to game plan for him being out there.

Even if he plays and ends up a nonfactor in the game, he'll still be a positive force out there with SF having to commit to defend him. Spreads the SF D out thinner. Yep, that increases the odds in our favor.

That running play were he lined up at the slot as if Seahawks were going to pass, then slashed behind the Oline and took the handoff from Wilson and hit the edge for a 1st down was right out of the college book of plays. You can see what a extra dimension it adds to our playbook. SF won't be able to game plan well for this. They have almost 0 tape on Harvin this year.

I like the way you think, except when it comes to politics.:yahoo:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners are rolling and will continue to do so. The Hawks are tough at home but this will be their second loss at home this year. Russell Wilson seems to be regressing as of late. The Niners will keep Lynch in check and treat Russell the way the always do.

I got it 20-9 Niners.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as I asked last week what impact will that have come Sunday? I hate the 49ers team more than Seattle but they have a much better fanbase. Every single week Seattle reason for thinking they will win is because they're at home and Kaep is shit (ignoring the fact that Wilson isn't any better). Can I get some actual football reasons why Seattle will win?

most seahawks fans cannot give a concise analysis of a match-up due to the fact that they just started following the game and only watch their own team. In their minds:

1) Russell Wilson is the greatest QB to ever play the game
2) Playing at home means they will automatically win
3) If the national media doesn't talk about them 100% of the time, they aren't getting the respect they deserve
4) Their defense is the greatest defense in the history of mankind

I'm kidding Hawks fans. :whistle:

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have always cheered for Harbaugh as he is a former Colts QB. So I voted my hope.

I don't want to hear from that sonofabitch about my foul temper any more though.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shehawks_zpse9918dfe.jpg

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't concede already stonington.

And btw, Seattle was 6-2 on the road this year, tied for tops in the league.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most seahawks fans cannot give a concise analysis of a match-up due to the fact that they just started following the game and only watch their own team. In their minds:

1) Russell Wilson is the greatest QB to ever play the game (he's statistically on pace with some of the all-time great QB's. I don't think he'll be the GOAT but you gotta admit his first two year's of stats are impressive.)
2) Playing at home means they will automatically win (Not automatic, but since 2002 Seattle has the most home wins of any team. Plus Wilson is 16-1 there over the past 2 seasons. That is as solid of a home field edge that you can get)
3) If the national media doesn't talk about them 100% of the time, they aren't getting the respect they deserve (In 2005 I'd say this was actually the truth. This year Seattle gets all kind of press, especially Wilson. I can see why some other fans would be having Wilson fatigue by now)
4) Their defense is the greatest defense in the history of mankind (Not the greatest of all time, but I think you could say they are in that conversation. One Sports Illustrated writer said that statistically the Seattle secondary could be the best ever since the AFL-NFL merger in 1971. That's pretty good.)

I'd say the game this weekend is a pick-em type of game. Both these teams match up very evenly and it is completely possible for either team to win. The big edge for Seattle of course is the home field. That can't be understated enough. It's very hard for visiting teams to win there. It's just the way it is.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle just can't lose at home especially to SF. However i think this is a lot closer than people think

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't concede already stonington.

And btw, Seattle was 6-2 on the road this year, tied for tops in the league.
I'm not conceding, just ruffling a few feathers!

Niners have been rock solid on road games where the refs didn't call BS penalties to decide the outcome (*AHEM Week -11*). With the exception of the game in Seattle of course, SF was a TECHNICAL 7-1 :wink:

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not conceding, just ruffling a few feathers!

Niners have been rock solid on road games where the refs didn't call BS penalties to decide the outcome (*AHEM Week -11*). With the exception of the game in Seattle of course, SF was a TECHNICAL 7-1 :wink:

I think the officials made up for that yesterday. San Fran definitely got the lion's share of the fortunate calls go their way. The head-butt no call, 12 man in the huddle no call that helped a Niner score, Harbaugh always on the field (only got flagged once and he was on the field for one TD) , Boldin's not stop taunting which never drew a flag.

I still think the Niners would have won that game, but they did get some help too.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the officials made up for that yesterday. San Fran definitely got the lion's share of the fortunate calls go their way. The head-butt no call, 12 man in the huddle no call that helped a Niner score, Harbaugh always on the field (only got flagged once and he was on the field for one TD) , Boldin's not stop taunting which never drew a flag.

I still think the Niners would have won that game, but they did get some help too.
That may be, but that call in New Orleans still cost us the NFC West and the #1 seed in the NFC. Now we just gotta get it done in Seattle.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has seemed to trend downwards a few ticks lately.
The offense is downright in a horrible funk.
The defense is still capable of winning, but it cannot do everything.

The 49ers seem to be getting better and playing well on both sides of the ball.
They always had the great defense, but now they seem to have a very strong offense as well.

I like the 49ers plus the points AND outright as barking dog.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle has seemed to trend downwards a few ticks lately.
The offense is downright in a horrible funk.
The defense is still capable of winning, but it cannot do everything.

The 49ers seem to be getting better and playing well on both sides of the ball.
They always had the great defense, but now they seem to have a very strong offense as well.

I like the 49ers plus the points AND outright as barking dog.

Look at the defenses Seattle has played in the past month. San Fran, Arizona, and New Orleans x 2. Those are the #4, #5, and #6 ranked defenses in the entire NFL. I'd like to see if any team in the NFL would have done much better playing those defenses. I think that has a lot to do with the Hawks offensive "struggles". They have been playing some very stiff defenses. It doesn't get any easier this week either.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are no longer pertinent to playoff discussions. They matter not one iota.

If the teams that played this weekend repeat their performances, 49ers would win. Next week might be completely different.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very close. SF will control the direction of the game and come out on top.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am picking the 49ers 21-20

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news for Seattle. Division foes are ones you want to avoid in the post season.

The Seahawks offense didn't look all that great this past weekend where as the 49er's offense thrived against the Panthers late.

They're used to the environment as well.

And they've got a hot hand having beaten GB and Carolina both on the road. They're also healthy.

Going to be a great game.

I'll take the 49er's.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle 23 San Fran 17