• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Poll: Who trades a first rounder for Foles first?

Who trades a first for Foles first?

• Jaguars (Blake Bortles is drunk right now)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have been cherry picking.
His 2014 season and his Fisher season were quite different. As was his 2013 season.
I don't care about Kelly at this point.
You not only aren't including the highs, but you are including the mids. You are only focused on the lows (Jeff Fisher season).
I really won't fight you that much about Fisher being an outlier. When you need to go back 20+ games to find statistically good performance over a sustained stretch, it doesn't inspire confidence.

Foles being bad or unknown defaults to what I am saying anyways about Foles not being worth a 1st so it doesn't bother me either way.

Not including the middle you say? Oh how the tables have turned... it was just two seconds ago we were talking about 2014 which is similar-ish to Foles' career line outside of sack percentage which is a few ticks under his career 5.5% mark.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really won't fight you that much about Fisher being an outlier. When you need to go back 20+ games to find statistically good performance over a sustained stretch, it doesn't inspire confidence.

Foles being bad or unknown defaults to what I am saying anyways about Foles not being worth a 1st so it doesn't bother me either way.

Not including the middle you say? Oh how the tables have turned... it was just two seconds ago we were talking about 2014 which is similar-ish to Foles' career line outside of sack percentage which is a few ticks under his career 5.5% mark.
Your comment was fine until the last paragraph, which was nonsense.

You lost the argument.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your comment was fine until the last paragraph, which was nonsense.

You lost the argument.
I have talked about every single year in Foles career up to this post except his rookie year as I recall. Are you intentionally being obtuse? Or are you just intent on lying your ass off?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me what I lied about.
About me not discussing the middle seasons.

2012: Omitted for rookie year reasons; same reason I don't hold my criticisms of Goff and Wentz from 2016 seriously, but we can discuss it if you want
2013: The 27:2 year nobody can seem to agree on except Kelly's scheme was a shame and the roster was there to inflate numbers with DeSean Jackson and what not
2014: Regression occurs, still hasn't started more than 12 games ever in the years before this or after. Only makes it to 8 GS
2015: We've discussed this year repeatedly with Fisher
2016: Mentioned this briefly delineating that Foles did well against (the worst D in the NFL at the time) in the Colts in relief, and embarrassed himself against the Jags the following week.
2017: I've discussed this in two parts, the regular season and the postseason; mostly to point out how much the last 3 games (the playoffs) is coloring the thinking of the Pro-Foles argument

If you want to flame me for not discussing Foles' rookie season with Andy Reid as the coach, sue me.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many are there? 6? I'm pretty sure based on the fact that there are 32 teams that there are roughly 32 starting caliber QB's. You stating that a QB who is roughly 4th, 15th, and 37th in three consecutive seasons has been backup level QB his entire career just shows that you lack logic. You lost this argument. Quit while you are behind.
Teams want to make money, you don't need a starting caliber QB to do that. There are 32 teams, but not 32 caliber starting QB's. This isn't a hard logic puzzle to get out of.

Then there is the general observation of markets being fundamentally irrational. This isn't hard, you're behind, badly at that, stop.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About me not discussing the middle seasons.

2012: Omitted for rookie year reasons; same reason I don't hold my criticisms of Goff and Wentz from 2016 seriously, but we can discuss it if you want
2013: The 27:2 year nobody can seem to agree on except Kelly's scheme was a shame and the roster was there to inflate numbers with DeSean Jackson and what not
2014: Regression occurs, still hasn't started more than 12 games ever in the years before this or after. Only makes it to 8 GS
2015: We've discussed this year repeatedly with Fisher
2016: Mentioned this briefly delineating that Foles did well against (the worst D in the NFL at the time) in the Colts in relief, and embarrassed himself against the Jags the following week.
2017: I've discussed this in two parts, the regular season and the postseason; mostly to point out how much the last 3 games (the playoffs) is coloring the thinking of the Pro-Foles argument

If you want to flame me for not discussing Foles' rookie season with Andy Reid as the coach, sue me.
Have I called you out on not talking about his rookie year or are you making stuff up?

You said he has been backup level his entire career. He has only been backup level one season, which was his season as the starter of the Rams with Fisher.

Once you lost the argument you for some reason say I am "lying my ass off." Pretty sad.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams want to make money, you don't need a starting caliber QB to do that. There are 32 teams, but not 32 caliber starting QB's. This isn't a hard logic puzzle to get out of.

Then there is the general observation of markets being fundamentally irrational. This isn't hard, you're behind, badly at that, stop.
You lost the argument. Saying that part at the end doesn't make it less embarrassing.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost the argument. Saying that part at the end doesn't make it less embarrassing.
It's basic economics... The concept of the market being irrational is not a new one or crazy one. Doesn't work like engineering, sorry to say. You lose... badly. You're embarrassing yourself.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's basic economics... The concept of the market being irrational is not a new one or crazy one. Doesn't work like engineering, sorry to say. You lose... badly.
Engineering uses facts, logic, and numbers. I am not sure what you use (other than none of those).

I'm not arguing what Foles would haul. I never have. I'm not an NFL GM. I am just arguing against the misinformation you brought up here.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Engineering uses facts, logic, and numbers. I am not sure what you use (other than none of those).

I'm not arguing what Foles would haul. I never have. I'm not an NFL GM. I am just arguing against the misinformation you brought up here.
Then you are choosing to try to either derail my argument or employ a strawman to make it an easier argument. When you post 2014 as if it were an average season and he has almost across the board below average stats in reality according to his PFR profile, my bullshit detector is going off.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you are choosing to try to either derail my argument or employ a strawman to make it an easier argument. When you post 2014 as if it were an average season and he has almost across the board below average stats in reality according to his PFR profile, my bullshit detector is going off.
The argument is already over. He was decent in 2014. Not good. Not bad. Just average. If that is what you care to continue to attack then go ahead. Also, I don't know if you understand the strawman thing considering I haven't made a single strawman type argument.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The argument is already over. He was decent in 2014. Not good. Not bad. Just average. If that is what you care to continue to attack then go ahead. Also, I don't know if you understand the strawman thing considering I haven't made a single strawman type argument.
Y'all act like 2014 was a season that never happened.

Philly 2013: 10 GS 27:2 8.5 TD% 0.6 INT% 9.1 Y/A 9.18 ANY/A
Philly 2014: 8 GS 13:10 4.2 TD% 3.2 INT% 7.0 Y/A 5.93 ANY/A

The only stat Foles was above average in was sack% [which has never been repeated] and and NY/A

Y/A, AY/A, ANY/A, completion percentage, TD%, INT%, and passer rating were all below average.Those are stats of a QB around 20th-25th, which is what I have been saying about Foles for a while now.

Yeah, lost the argument on 2014, sure I have. This is a guy who has never made 12 GS's putting up those numbers. Average my ass.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, not what I told @Roy Munson

So no, still wrong. There are not 32 starting caliber QB's in the NFL.

Foles is somewhere around the 25th best QB in the NFL in my book. Maybe a few spots above that, maybe a few below. He's not a QB I trust at all. Certainly not enough to fork over a 1st.

don't drag me back into this... I wrote off arguing with you when you threw basic math out the window.