• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Poll: Who trades a first rounder for Foles first?

Who trades a first for Foles first?

• Jaguars (Blake Bortles is drunk right now)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason La Canfora is saying he hears Foles is not really on the market--but Jason Peters is.

The more executives I talk to, the more I am convinced that Howie Roseman will keep Nick Foles deep into the offseason and not trade him for anything but significant value. I’m not buying the alleged two first-round pick evaluation, but at least a second-rounder and something else. We’ll see if that market develops, but Foles’s value while Carson Wentz recovers from knee surgery is high. I do, however, expect him to be proactive in what he can get for left tackle Jason Peters. “The offense operated well without Peters, and he’d have some value,” one exec said. “The kid who filled in is nothing special, but the offensive line as a whole was fine without Peters.” Philly is in a cap bind, but Torrey Smith’s $5 million option might be too steep. And the Eagles want to extend Brandon Graham and began talks with him in season.
i was just about to post the same thing

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure that Hollins and a draft pick can easily make up for losing Smith.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I doubt Peters is really on the market. He is old, coming off a major injury, and unlikely to garner interest, for one. Second, he is very close to the owner, and is almost like another coach at this point. His value to Philly is probably higher than to any other team.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | QUARTERBACKS 2013

I looked at the analytics that moose likes to point out. In Foles three seasons as a starter he ranked 4th (upper echelon), 15th (middle of the pack for starters), and 37th under Fisher (backup level) in DVOA. Moose would have you think he was backup level every season.
DVOA tells you what he produced within the environment. It's good for telling you how good a defense or offense is. It is not (as) good at telling how what particular skills a CB does or doesn't have for instance; or a QB. A good thought. But flawed. It does not tell you if a CB has press or off man skills.

Last edited:

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DVOA tells you what he produced within the environment. It's good for telling you how good a defense or offense is. It is not (as) good at telling how what particular skills a CB does or doesn't have for instance; or a QB. A good thought. But flawed. It does not tell you if a CB has press or off man skills.
So with every stat telling you he has been anywhere from a good to an average starter for a significant majority of his career, you'll still stick with your claim he has been backup level the whole time? You can claim his 27/2 119 passer rating season was a bit flukey, but you can't with any honesty say he didn't play great that season.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with every stat telling you he has been anywhere from a good to an average starter for a significant majority of his career, you'll still stick with your claim he has been backup level the whole time? You can claim his 27/2 119 passer rating season was a bit flukey, but you can't with any honesty say he didn't play great that season.
I guess I am incredibly dishonest then. I've already explained my thoughts on 27:2 a zillion different ways. No, he was not very different from 27:2 to other years, he did have circumstance and luck be in his favor. I am not the first guy to say this. Cian Fahey was all over this at the time...

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am incredibly dishonest then. I've already explained my thoughts on 27:2 a zillion different ways. No, he was not very different from 27:2 to other years, he did have circumstance and luck be in his favor. I am not the first guy to say this. Cian Fahey was all over this at the time...
So did he kick your puppy or what?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cian Fahey is a total moron. He is also the guy who argued Wentz would suck and refused to change his position even as Wentz was putting up MVP caliber numbers.

Also...he resigned in disgrace recently after some personal issues at a bar:

Carson Wentz hater Cian Fahey resigns at ESPN

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cian Fahey is a total moron. He is also the guy who argued Wentz would suck and refused to change his position even as Wentz was putting up MVP caliber numbers.

Also...he resigned in disgrace recently after some personal issues at a bar:

Carson Wentz hater Cian Fahey resigns at ESPN
Cian's mistake is underestimating progress in year 2. Goff and Wentz both made huge leaps from where they were their rookie years. Cian really isn't an idiot. He does have a problem with his initial take coloring his perception later.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moose's logic is basically this:

Alex Smith puts up numbers playing with Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce and Tyreke Hill: Smith is a great QB.

Foles puts up numbers playing with Legarrette Blount, Zach Ertz, and Alshon Jeffery: Foles is a product of the system.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moose's logic is basically this:

Alex Smith puts up numbers playing with Kareem Hunt, Travis Kelce and Tyreke Hill: Smith is a great QB.

Foles puts up numbers playing with Legarrette Blount, Zach Ertz, and Alshon Jeffery: Foles is a product of the system.
Lol, you trying to troll me after I've explained how that's a strawman 3 different times in this debate? Alex Smith is an average QB and have said so for a while now. I don't think this past year is too representative, could be wrong, but it sure smells like an outlier; kinda like mr. Foles in this argument.

Shit, it's the exact same system with very similar playcalling and play-design (duh) with the noticeable difference of more aggression on 4th down. Of course I think the system has something to do with those numbers.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have to question irrational comments. It's the engineer in me I guess.
Who is being irrational here? The guys pretending Foles trade value is suddenly a 1st round pick because of 3 games? Or the guy pointing out he hasn't been very good the previous 20 games.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You. Facts don't matter to you.
Neither do they to you. We've been down this rabbit hole in several different ways. It ends up being reduced to being nuh-uhs and "yeah, buts" that aren't reconcilable as nobody can agree what is representative between Fisher, the regular/postseason, Pederson, Kelly, and Reid.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell is Clan Fahey?

An Irish Skip Bayless basically. For some reason he decided his hot take would be that Carson Wentz was the next Blake Bortles. When the evidence indicated otherwise, he refused to change his position, and became a laughingstock. Google it.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is being irrational here? The guys pretending Foles trade value is suddenly a 1st round pick because of 3 games? Or the guy pointing out he hasn't been very good the previous 20 games.
You modified your post, so I'll reply again.

You continue to ignore that he had one of the best QB seasons ever. The insane playoff success he has now is only in addition to his previous success. Regardless of that, you continue to pretend he has only ever had three good games. That is why you sound illogical.