• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL: What is our biggest need this offseason?

What is our biggest position of need this offseason?

• QB

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • RB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WR

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Guard

• Tackle

• Center

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • NT

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • DE

• CB

Votes: 25 55.6%
  • SS

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd rather have 3-4 solid corners getting paid $2-$3M each then dump all that money into one guy.
Guys like Brown, Brock and Culliver are fine as long as they are playing well.

We have already decided to put our $ into O-line, D-line and linebackers.

I really think we have to get a WR first and foremost, because Boldin is getting old and Crabtree has one year left and I don't want to pay Crabtree big money and pretend like he's our legit #1 WR.

this is close to my opinion too. not that I don't want a quality CB, but there's a bigger cap to manage. we have placed a lot of cap in the front 7, so we're depending on pressure more than coverage.

my vote would be WR too, someone with GOOD hands cause Kaep isn't ACCURATE. I'd also prefer someone who gets open quicker, even if he isn't 6'-4" and weighing 215 lbs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I soooo wanted to pick WR... But us losing 4 of 6 CB's by the end of next season to me that's where the need lies..

Counterpoint; we could lose the same thing at the wr position...

the question is biggest need, not only need. so WR first doesn't mean a CB won't follow. for all we know, we draft two CB's?

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We need a damn beast @ SS. That can also play great pass coverage. If it's not a SS in the draft then draft a FS 2 team with Reid. Would it be wrong 2 have 2 FS starting? ?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yep, a lockdown CB would be awesome. Great compliment to our pass rush.

just my opinion............the way the rules are and how penalties are called/not called................no such thing as a lockdown CB anymore. sure there are very good CB's, but LOCKDOWN is obsolete.

that is unless we nit-pick the definition of 'lockdown'? :-)

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just my opinion............the way the rules are and how penalties are called/not called................no such thing as a lockdown CB anymore. sure there are very good CB's, but LOCKDOWN is obsolete.

that is unless we nit-pick the definition of 'lockdown'? :-)

Revis, and I hate to say it, Richard Sherman are lockdown CBs. Meaning, QBs are very hesitatant to throw at them.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about defense, so is this selling Bowman short? I know that Willis is great, but what Boman does has to make this position a question, right? I know that Bowman lives in Willis's shadow, I'm just wondering how much but he does is unnoticed or underappreciated.

I value Bowman fully. We're not going to find another Bowman in the draft or FA. The difference between Bow and Wilhoite is you lose the tackles behind the line of scrimmage, the turnovers, man coverage with Bow, and you probably add 10-20 rushing yards a game. Those yards may or may not sound like alot, but it can be the difference between 3 and out or getting a couple first downs.

I just think with our cap situation we can't afford to pay for another ILB or use a high draft pick on a guy who might be on the bench forever behind two all pro's. If we can get one impact player next year I think WR would be huge as well as CB.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB or SS for me. I do not want to see another play like that 4th Down TD.

WR and C are in the discussion as well. Top 4 needs for us I would think.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this is close to my opinion too. not that I don't want a quality CB, but there's a bigger cap to manage. we have placed a lot of cap in the front 7, so we're depending on pressure more than coverage.

my vote would be WR too, someone with GOOD hands cause Kaep isn't ACCURATE. I'd also prefer someone who gets open quicker, even if he isn't 6'-4" and weighing 215 lbs.

valid points and a different view of it

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We need a damn beast @ SS. That can also play great pass coverage. If it's not a SS in the draft then draft a FS 2 team with Reid. Would it be wrong 2 have 2 FS starting? ?

Now days, there is barely a difference. Basically interchangeable.

taughtmepatience

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners need a deep threat wide receiver. I'd say Marquise Lee is just the guy they need. He can really blow the doors off the defense on the deep ball.