• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL: What is our biggest need this offseason?

What is our biggest position of need this offseason?

• QB

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • RB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WR

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Guard

• Tackle

• Center

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • NT

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • DE

• CB

Votes: 25 55.6%
  • SS

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need to get a shut down corner if possible but I am not sure there will be one at 28 or in free agency. I hope we go WR-CB-C in the draft.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted WR. We might as well take advantage of the fact that one of Kaep's strengths is the deep ball. There's definitely a place for guys like Boldin who can catch a pass in traffic, but we need a burner on the outside who can take the top of the opposing defense and open up the receivers underneath.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really need to get a shut down corner if possible but I am not sure there will be one at 28 or in free agency. I hope we go WR-CB-C in the draft.

We have more than enough ammunition I think to trade up for a corner if the right one is available. I agree that CB is our biggest need.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have more than enough ammunition I think to trade up for a corner if the right one is available. I agree that CB is our biggest need.

Shutdown corners might be the hardest type of player to find. Shoot, when was the last time we had one? Deion Sanders? Would Carlos Rogers from a couple years ago count?

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted WR. We might as well take advantage of the fact that one of Kaep's strengths is the deep ball. There's definitely a place for guys like Boldin who can catch a pass in traffic, but we need a burner on the outside who can take the top of the opposing defense and open up the receivers underneath.

I agree. A vertical threat at WR would be quite nice. Somebody to really stretch a defense. I like it!

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Shutdown corners might be the hardest type of player to find. Shoot, when was the last time we had one? Deion Sanders? Would Carlos Rogers from a couple years ago count?

I'd rather have 3-4 solid corners getting paid $2-$3M each then dump all that money into one guy.
Guys like Brown, Brock and Culliver are fine as long as they are playing well.

We have already decided to put our $ into O-line, D-line and linebackers.

I really think we have to get a WR first and foremost, because Boldin is getting old and Crabtree has one year left and I don't want to pay Crabtree big money and pretend like he's our legit #1 WR.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilgore is set to be the next center according to BRows. I anticipate us signing Boldin and letting Whitner and Rogers walk. So biggest need for me is SS/CB. Tough to call. We could elect to sign Wright and Cox and roll with Brock, Culliver, Morris. We have shit at safety except for Reid. I wouldn't even keep Dahl at his price tag.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Kilgore is set to be the next center according to BRows.

Great. So a guy who sucked so bad he couldn't beat out the someone as terrible as Goodwin is going to be the starter next season. Lovely.

:drink:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know much about defense, so is this selling Bowman short? I know that Willis is great, but what Boman does has to make this position a question, right? I know that Bowman lives in Willis's shadow, I'm just wondering how much but he does is unnoticed or underappreciated.

I think the reason Wilhoite looked good was because Bowman was still playing. Wilhoite with Willis < Wilhoite with Bowman.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great. So a guy who sucked so bad he couldn't beat out the someone as terrible as Goodwin is going to be the starter next season. Lovely.

:drink:

I think they wanted to go with continuity this season.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the reason Wilhoite looked good was because Bowman was still playing. Wilhoite with Willis < Wilhoite with Bowman.

Thanks and for the record, I was asking if Chamoaland was selling Bowman short, not the questions that followed my first sentence. Not sure if that affected your reply.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think they wanted to go with continuity this season.

Didn't Joe Looney beat him out for a start when Iupati went down?

I've underestimated players before, and I hope I'm VASTLY underestimating Kilgore because he does not impress me even a little bit. :(

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't Joe Looney beat him out for a start when Iupati went down?

I've underestimated players before, and I hope I'm VASTLY underestimating Kilgore because he does not impress me even a little bit. :(

I have read all along that Looney was being groomed strictly for G and Kilgore for C. So I think it was next man up when Iupati went down. Unfortunately for some sorry ass reason Snyder beat out Looney. Mind boggling and/or very concerning.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I have read all along that Looney was being groomed strictly for G and Kilgore for C. So I think it was next man up when Iupati went down. Unfortunately for some sorry ass reason Snyder beat out Looney. Mind boggling and/or very concerning.

I don't think the Niners' front office shares my concerns about the OL.

:poke:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another huge need is re-signing Donatell to a new deal, that guy really gets these dudes performing. Imagine he had a #1 CB to groom. Yum Yum.

49er4life1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another huge need is re-signing Donatell to a new deal, that guy really gets these dudes performing. Imagine he had a #1 CB to groom. Yum Yum.

Yep, a lockdown CB would be awesome. Great compliment to our pass rush.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I soooo wanted to pick WR... But us losing 4 of 6 CB's by the end of next season to me that's where the need lies..

Counterpoint; we could lose the same thing at the wr position...