• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL} The Best Overall Hitter In The Past 30 Years ?......

Your pick ..

• Ken Giffey Jr.

• Jim Thome

• Frank Thomas

• Albert Pujuis

• Manny Ramirez

• Miguel Cabrera

• David Ortiz

• Chipper Jones

• Some Cheating POS

• Tater Salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fucking way, take away the PEDs and he would be maybe 5th.
You're out of your mind.

Barry Bonds, pre-PEDs, is the only guy in baseball history to hit 500 HRs and steal 500 bags.

1990-1999 Barry Bonds was the best hitter of my lifetime, until juiced-up Barry Bonds replaced him.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a damn shame FF broke his wrist just when he's put it all together. I just hope it doesn't stunt him.

His numbers for his last 162 games were amazing.

I have faith he'll be ready.

And the team will probably try to play Adams at third to keep his bat in the lineup(can't be much worse defensively than Garcia anyways) when Freddie comes back.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're out of your mind.

Barry Bonds, pre-PEDs, is the only guy in baseball history to hit 500 HRs and steal 500 bags.

1990-1999 Barry Bonds was the best hitter of my lifetime, until juiced-up Barry Bonds replaced him.

Thank God for his weak throwing arm though. Sid Bream on two bad legs was able to score from second.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His numbers for his last 162 games were amazing.

I have faith he'll be ready.

And the team will probably try to play Adams at third to keep his bat in the lineup(can't be much worse defensively than Garcia anyways) when Freddie comes back.

If Adams keeps hitting I think he'll get his at bats when FF comes back.
Hitting has been better than expected but pitching has not come along as quickly as expected.
It's odd the BP set a team record for most at bats without giving up a hit, it's one of those freak records.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Adams keeps hitting I think he'll get his at bats when FF comes back.
Hitting has been better than expected but pitching has not come along as quickly as expected.
It's odd the BP set a team record for most at bats without giving up a hit, it's one of those freak records.

Our bull pen is strong other than Krol(Collmenter's ass just got sent to AAA,hopefully forever), and we still haven't got Mauricio Cabrera back.

We're probably gonna see Lucas Sims take Colon's spot in the rotation before the AS break.

And Julio showed signs of life at home last night. 0 earned runs over 6 innings(A 2B/3B/OFer playing shortstop making an error on what should have been an inning ending DP lead to 3 unearned runs)

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our bull pen is strong other than Krol(Collmenter's ass just got sent to AAA,hopefully forever), and we still haven't got Mauricio Cabrera back.

We're probably gonna see Lucas Sims take Colon's spot in the rotation before the AS break.

And Julio showed signs of life at home last night. 0 earned runs over 6 innings(A 2B/3B/OFer playing shortstop making an error on what should have been an inning ending DP lead to 3 unearned runs)

I agree it's strong, but we've had better. It's deep, that's a huge plus, but it won't get this team into the postseason this year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as it gags me to say it, I might have to take A-rod if we're talking right handed batters.

But Freeman needs to take whatever steroids Pujols was on to come back from a broken wrist in two weeks. Adams has swung the bat well, but he'd no Freeman.
Charlie Morton is taking the best shit there is.

I'd get ahold of him.

That's a bummer on Freeman.

ARod and Trout are better players than Albert. But I'd rather him at the plate.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're out of your mind.

I think he was using 4 to 5 years before it's documented. His power output was on a downward trajectory, then it went north for some reason.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd get ahold of him.

Fuck AWad, the worst teammate ever.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are very important, they isolate a hitter from RBIs and other things that are connected to team performance.
I would also like to multiply stolen bases by success rate and add it to total bases to get a really good figure. If a player is unsuccessful in half of their attempts I wouldn't give any credit though. At that point it becomes a clear negative. Even better might be using just the number above 50%, so 100 steals with an 80% rate adds 30 pts.
How many guys have 100 SBs at an 80% clip?

I don't care if a guy can run when it comes to judging him as a hitter. Unless he never hits doubles, then it matters.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's strong, but we've had better. It's deep, that's a huge plus, but it won't get this team into the postseason this year.

Don't think even the blindest of Braves homers expected postseason play this year. Finish within a couple games of .500 and contend for a WC spot next year should be the plan.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't think even the blindest of Braves homers expected postseason play this year. Finish within a couple games of .500 and contend for a WC spot next year should be the plan.

The team's long term fortune is on the shoulders of all of those starting pitching prospects traded for and drafted over the past few years, the jury is out.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd get ahold of him.

We traded Charlie Morton for two long years of Nate McLouth. Can't believe that guy is still in the league, much less pitching at a high level.

It's a bummer. At least Matt Adams has been swinging the bat well, but there's already been at least two plays that were throwing errors that Freddie would scoop 10 times out of 10. Not many can pick it at first like Freddie though.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team's long term fortune is on the shoulders of all of those starting pitching prospects traded for and drafted over the past few years, the jury is out.

Sims and Newcomb are close. Allard is a couple years away(he's dominating, but he's just 19).

But seeing how the new park plays, might wanna sign a sinker baller or two.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many guys have 100 SBs at an 80% clip?

I don't care if a guy can run when it comes to judging him as a hitter. Unless he never hits doubles, then it matters.

Historically steals have mattered, especially when judging players like Ty Cobb and Ricky Henderson.
Their base stealing prowess changed the outcome of many games.
You can make a good case for Cobb being the best offensive player in history.
He was actually voted the best player of the first half of the 20th century in 1951.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sims and Newcomb are close. Allard is a couple years away(he's dominating, but he's just 19).

But seeing how the new park plays, might wanna sign a sinker baller or two.

Allard might end up being the #1 starter in a few years.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noticed that the Boston Red Sox steroid duo are somehow not listed as "cheating POS".

I dont get the selective villainy

Manny and Ortiz were roid freaks themselves with positive tests not just rumors.

BARRY BONDS

And it aint even that close.

He might be the best ever, yet alone last 30 years.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We traded Charlie Morton for two long years of Nate McLouth. Can't believe that guy is still in the league, much less pitching at a high level.

It's a bummer. At least Matt Adams has been swinging the bat well, but there's already been at least two plays that were throwing errors that Freddie would scoop 10 times out of 10. Not many can pick it at first like Freddie though.
He's juicing. No way a 33 year old physically improves like he has naturally.

Nate McLouth.... a Tigers Board favorite. Lol

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically steals have mattered, especially when judging players like Ty Cobb and Ricky Henderson.
Their base stealing prowess changed the outcome of many games.
You can make a good case for Cobb being the best offensive player in history.
He was actually voted the best player of the first half of the 20th century in 1951.
It doesn't matter when they're at the plate.

It matters when judging a ballplayer for sure.

Babe Ruth is the best offensive player. No disrespect to anyone else.