• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both were done under false pretenses and we had 2 sitting presidents at the time , one a huge bigot , who would keep this guy in "check "

that fisa warrant was bogus and we now know that . there was no reason to approve anything based on opposition research bought and paid for by the clintons . everyone involved had connections to the clintons from sleele, who hated trump , to fusion GPS to the people investigating her and this episode

the intel community didnt come up with one thing that wasnt from the democratic and HRC camp . hell the fbi didnt even look at the servers . the dems had a private company look at them and they refused to let the FBI look at them

i dont give a shit about whose world we are in and are welcome in , what i care about is in either case it wasnt justified and it needs to stop

Well it might help if you started by not reacting to false premises. As a rule, if the premise is false the conclusion will also be false. So stop doing that and you won't have to care about something that didn't happen.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well until its decided whether un born children have rights or not this wont be solved . right now the states are deciding for themselves what the want as the constitution clearly states that rights not spelled out for the federal govt revert to the states

why do christians ( and other religious groups ) have to change their beliefs so seculars can shove their beliefs down my throat . that debate goes both ways my friend

Oh brother!:L

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="skinsdad62, post: 13359220, member: 1615"why do christians ( and other religious groups ) have to change their beliefs so seculars can shove their beliefs down my throat . that debate goes both ways my friend[/QUOTE]

Easy answer, they don't and seculars don't have the right to shove their beliefs "down your throat" either! There is NO debate!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe trump tried to give concessions and they said no

His concession...no wall, their counter...OK, increased funding... their terms...DACA....his counter No deal! So who didn't want humanitarian aid?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, we need to define what a federal official is and it has to be in order for them to do their duty.

We also have to look at what is actually meant. It says the AG may disclose information regarding the grand jury to a government official in order for them to do their duty. If the information is not needed for them to do their job, he cannot release it...thus redactions.

1*UPwnSRr5ujBqkZlLDGv88A.gif

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t work hard. I am just white.

Interesting! Now I'll be able to say to all who accuse me of racism, that it's not possible because I have white friends! Yipeee, I'm free!:pound:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, did I say he goes to private school?

He is publically schooled at home through a virtual program. Gotta love Florida.

Why shouldn’t it be about how hard I worked? Why shouldn’t we get rid of inferior ways of doing things? Why shouldn’t I want my kid to excel?

This isn't an either/or issue at all. (my kids attended Sidwell Friends here in D.C.) It is a national security issue though and as such one that demands that everyone concern themselves with assuring that all of our children are afforded the best educational resources and opportunities on the planet!

I support your choice for your child, the only thing that I ask is some unity on this issue because of the national security perspective. That is all!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's right, the justification for the origin of the Russian probe is sitting in the white house. Now that it's been cleared up, I believe that there some compensation due me for saving the government a ton of money unnecessarily spent. That's ONLY for government employees? DOH!!:D
again no justification at all

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Never heard her. Nor do I care.

This is the problem. Parents looking for the government to educate their kids. Not gonna happen. Education begin and ends at home. The school is just the vehicle. The parents should be the driver. The federal government does nothing well. Why would you want them to be responsible for the education of our kids?

The history of public education is a good read!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, but it can only be released if it is pertinent to the official doing their job. If in the opinion of the AG the information isn’t needed, then the AG cannot release the information.

The opinion of the AG on how congress conducts its business has no bearing on this concern. Congress decides how to do its business, not the AG!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again no justification at all

Impossible, he's still the occupant of that seat, right? So there's your justification!

BTW: Even if he dies or quits, (which I now predict he'll do) he and his illicit activities would still be the justification for investigations past, present and future!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Root causes...poor parenting.
Or to put another way, parental abdication. Just because there is public education, doesn’t mean that parents still don’t have the ultimate responsibility for the education of their child. Too many just put them on the bus and think that they have done their job. If their kids don’t do well, it’s because the system/school is bad. While this may be the case, it’s the parents responsibility to get involved and change the school. And, as someone posted earlier (it may have been you), stop educating to the lowest common denominator. Set expectations for the child, teacher, and school and strictly manage to them.

Finally, stop making excuses if your child isn’t succeeding. There are numerous success stories that have come from all corners of our country. Use those examples of successes in you neighborhood as the model of your child’s education plan. That’s right, have a plan on how your child will succeed in life. It is your responsibility to manage to, and adapt, that plan on a daily basis.

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The opinion of the AG on how congress conducts its business has no bearing on this concern. Congress decides how to do its business, not the AG!

Actually, it has every bearing. The statute you posted states he may release grand jury information if it is needed for them to perform their duties. He is the one that would know if the information is needed because he has seen it. Federal officials are not privy to all grand jury information, just that information required for them to do their jobs.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or to put another way, parental abdication. Just because there is public education, doesn’t mean that parents still don’t have the ultimate responsibility for the education of their child. Too many just put them on the bus and think that they have done their job. If their kids don’t do well, it’s because the system/school is bad. While this may be the case, it’s the parents responsibility to get involved and change the school. And, as someone posted earlier (it may have been you), stop educating to the lowest common denominator. Set expectations for the child, teacher, and school and strictly manage to them.

Finally, stop making excuses if your child isn’t succeeding. There are numerous success stories that have come from all corners of our country. Use those examples of successes in you neighborhood as the model of your child’s education plan. That’s right, have a plan on how your child will succeed in life. It is your responsibility to manage to, and adapt, that plan on a daily basis.

God forbid we start looking at the correlation between homework, study time, parental tutoring, and educational success. Instead, it has to be because the system is failing them.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congress passed the law that they now want him to break . and its all grandstanding . they have access to it and none have gone to read it

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible, he's still the occupant of that seat, right? So there's your justification!

BTW: Even if he dies or quits, (which I now predict he'll do) he and his illicit activities would still be the justification for investigations past, present and future!
you cant remove a duly elected president because you dont like him . and the only real collusion came from the HRC campaign and the DNC

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God forbid we start looking at the correlation between homework, study time, parental tutoring, and educational success. Instead, it has to be because the system is failing them.
i agree with what you are saying here . no one wants to take accountability for their own short comings

that being said and playing devils advocate my question who want to play the white american card is why do you elect the same ash and trash that gives you crappy schools and poor teachers . your democratic candidates are beholden to teachers unions and have no interest in improving your kids lot in life at all unless its to keep them poor and keep voting democratic

school choice and vouchers are solutions to terrible inner city schools , yet your elected leaders are opposed to them , why ? because unions dont want teachers principals held accountable for what they do , its almost impossible to fire a bad teacher

if public schools had to actually compete for govt dollars a lot of this BS would be solved . but we are in the indoctrination business now not the education business .

i am not and fan of devos , one of trumps poorer selections

we have put trillions of dollars into education and we still get poor results and poor solutions , core and no child left behind as well as just tossing money at the problem

but all of what i have said is contingent on good parenting and family values .

Status
Not open for further replies.