• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Incomplete reporting!! It's not a good idea to just post anything without personally making sure that there's not more to the story. The HOR wanted to include provisions for DACA. Trumps said no, end of humanitarian aid.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's right, the justification for the origin of the Russian probe is sitting in the white house. Now that it's been cleared up, I believe that there some compensation due me for saving the government a ton of money unnecessarily spent. That's ONLY for government employees? DOH!!:D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We’re really doing this? We’re all supposed to just ignore the fact that Barr is bound by federal law to protect grand jury information?

Are we pretending there might be some bombshell hidden in there?

This is dishonest politics meant to discredit Barr.

So much for Barr being bound by Federal law...

Rule 6(e)(3)(D) is new and reflects changes made to Rule 6 in the Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism (USA PATRIOT ACT) Act of 2001. The new provision permits an attorney for the government to disclose grand-jury matters involving foreign intelligence or counterintelligence to other Federal officials, in order to assist those officials in performing their duties.

Rule 6. The Grand Jury | Federal Rules of Criminal ...
https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcrmp/rule_6

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didnt have to work AS hard, because you are white in America.

Is it because I am white? Are you suggesting the kids of Lebron have to work harder than me? Maybe I am just more intelligent or work harder than those you want to compare me to. Maybe I had better priorities. Maybe I studied a bit more, partied a lot less, and followed a better path to success.

Wait...nope it is because I am white. But what about the Obama kids? Spoon fed on the government dime. Did they work harder than me?

The idea that white people don’t have to work as hard is idiotic and condescending. It belittles the accomplishments of white people as a racist would do.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for Barr being bound by Federal law...

Rule 6(e)(3)(D) is new and reflects changes made to Rule 6 in the Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism (USA PATRIOT ACT) Act of 2001. The new provision permits an attorney for the government to disclose grand-jury matters involving foreign intelligence or counterintelligence to other Federal officials, in order to assist those officials in performing their duties.

Rule 6. The Grand Jury | Federal Rules of Criminal ...
https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcrmp/rule_6

Problem is, we need to define what a federal official is and it has to be in order for them to do their duty.

We also have to look at what is actually meant. It says the AG may disclose information regarding the grand jury to a government official in order for them to do their duty. If the information is not needed for them to do their job, he cannot release it...thus redactions.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but your kid shouldn't be allowed to seek better alternatives because not all students can afford such options. Why should you kid get an advantage just because you worked hard to put yourself in a position to provide such options? That's not fair, is it?

Disagree, although I believe that you wrote this as a tongue in cheek response. That said, alternative education is a right in this country, as is public education. The difference between them must be zero in terms of quality. We are talking about the future of the country and as such must all do whatever we can to assure that public education is the best in the world.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, according to you guys, she's no longer in the womb, so yeah!
come on now , we cant help a 17 yr old ? . this is what you advocate as good policy ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incomplete reporting!! It's not a good idea to just post anything without personally making sure that there's not more to the story. The HOR wanted to include provisions for DACA. Trumps said no, end of humanitarian aid.
i believe trump tried to give concessions and they said no

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, we need to define what a federal official is and it has to be in order for them to do their duty.

We also have to look at what is actually meant. It says the AG may disclose information regarding the grand jury to a government official in order for them to do their duty. If the information is not needed for them to do their job, he cannot release it...thus redactions.

The country was invaded through social media to tamper with voting, that is a national security issue and congressional oversight covers this.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree, although I believe that you wrote this as a tongue in cheek response. That said, alternative education is a right in this country, as is public education. The difference between them must be zero in terms of quality. We are talking about the future of the country and as such must all do whatever we can to assure that public education is the best in the world.
this is why vouchers need to be in place

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on now , we cant help a 17 yr old ? . this is what you advocate as good policy ?

Actually it's the religious nuts here that I'm referring to. You know those people who only concern themselves with the potential living and not the actual living.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good grief, 4.5 billion years huh? Well you and I are both wrong about that as it's been proven that the earth is only 6,000 years old. Now don't blame me for this objection, I got it directly from URNJOA!:pound:(United Religious Nut-jobs Of America)
in any case i prudent person would look at how anyone can come to conclusions when we have been only been able to measure things for what ? 120 years ? but with the earth being 6000-4.5 billions yrs old we know about that ?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why vouchers need to be in place

Nope, fix what's broken! What's the story with some of you? Correcting root causes is permanent and not some sort of Band-Aid that gives an appearance of the same.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in any case i prudent person would look at how anyone can come to conclusions when we have been only been able to measure things for what ? 120 years ? but with the earth being 6000-4.5 billions yrs old we know about that ?

Uh-oh!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The country was invaded through social media to tamper with voting, that is a national security issue and congressional oversight covers this.

Perhaps, but it can only be released if it is pertinent to the official doing their job. If in the opinion of the AG the information isn’t needed, then the AG cannot release the information.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it's the religious nuts here that I'm referring to. You know those people who only concern themselves with the potential living and not the actual living.
well until its decided whether un born children have rights or not this wont be solved . right now the states are deciding for themselves what the want as the constitution clearly states that rights not spelled out for the federal govt revert to the states

why do christians ( and other religious groups ) have to change their beliefs so seculars can shove their beliefs down my throat . that debate goes both ways my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.