• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That he or anyone else can do but twice this week I have had one poster call another poster a liar ( 2 different occasions 2 different people ) and another name call

Add to that I issued a general warning about insults that has gone ignored as recently as a few weeks ago . The only thing I can draw from that is they dont want the thread up . Now if I start banning people I get flak. If I let it go I get flak . I don’t have to have this thread up and the agreement was no insults period

So that is where we stand
You do realize that Chiller is trying to get you to ban him, right? That way he can realize his dream and the dream of all far leftists. Being the victim.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM guessing everyones freedom feelers went off with this latest mass shooting right? I feel safer already.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe “everybody” should realize something about their own sources. They’re all biased and slanted. Nobody here on either side of the coin gets their info in an unbiased fashion. We read something against our belief then we search the net until we find something that supports our claim.. and then we have the foolish audacity to lay claim to say,, “well well well lookie here”

No matter what anybody says there will always be an article out there to refute it 100%. Sickens the piss out of me to read the “you’re an idiot” insinuations because their article is the latest posting on the subject until another posting is posted turning the idiot assumption back around to their corner...it’s funny but then we gargle, rinse and repeat. Like ants continuing to build their hill after a bully comes and knocks it down again and again. All the black Trump haters against all the white Obama haters... thats all thats on here, but remember guys.. hating on Obama means you’re a racist but hating on Trump means you’re right. Enough with the idiocy on here and the self proclamations.:L

Taking a break for awhile from all this bullshit. See you hopeless SportsHoopla hooligans when TC starts. Peace.

There's great danger in attacking the media no matter which side it comes from! "Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press and that cannot be limited without loss."_Thomas Jefferson.

The framers thought this undeclared branch of a free country so important that they made mention of it in the first amendment of the constitution. Purest would point out that the amendment prohibits congress from attacking what's mentioned therein, but I ask you all, if the people and a president seeks to destroy the institution does it really make any difference where the destruction comes from?

We must all take care that we support a free press because democracy takes work. "Fake news" and the acceptance of that dangerous term cracks one of the bedrock pillars of our constitutional government. It has been used many times here and often bandied about casually from coast to coast. The most galling use of the term comes from the media itself. Enough!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha...when Global Warming just doesn’t make any sense, change the term that covers it all.

It is a term that covers what climate has always done...change over time.

Just admit that you have been duped into using the incorrect Global warming by those who wish to confuse and control the narrative. It really isn't a difficult thing to do. Climate science is a real thing, there has never been a course of study titled Global warming science.

Of course climate has always changed, but that isn't the issue is it? Intensified increasing occurrences of dangerous climatic conditions is the issue. It is real, the frequency and heightened intensity of climatic conditions on earth cannot be denied, even by those who insist upon using the incorrect global warming.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's great danger in attacking the media no matter which side it comes from! "Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press and that cannot be limited without loss."_Thomas Jefferson.

The framers thought this undeclared branch of a free country so important that they made mention of it in the first amendment of the constitution. Purest would point out that the amendment prohibits congress from attacking what's mentioned therein, but I ask you all, if the people and a president seeks to destroy the institution does it really make any difference where the destruction comes from?

We must all take care that we support a free press because democracy takes work. "Fake news" and the acceptance of that dangerous term cracks one of the bedrock pillars of our constitutional government. It has been used many times here and often bandied about casually from coast to coast. The most galling use of the term comes from the media itself. Enough!

well when the LSM , print social and all others present a predominantly one side of the news and then actively tries to silence the other you dont have a free press . and with the attacks on the conservative news outlets and the idea that they are somehow less credible by others , a thought done by actions and deeds and comments tell me a very different picture

i have put up the stats , i have given you references , i have put up numerous stories the LSM has failed to cover , or covered so biasly , its pathetic . i have put up montages of supposed journalist openly advocating fdor their POV

i have shown there is little diversity of thought in newsrooms

the fact is you cant possibly have 94% positive or negative stories about any govt official and squawk about freedom of the press

i have put LSM numbers up and i have put others up none was refuted and i doubt any will be with a credible source

i get a shit ton of word games and tap dancing but no real substance

and sorry but fake news is what i call lazy journalism or pushing an agenda by action or inaction

i find it funny that almost always a conservative commentator has a FB , instagram , you tube , or twitter account banned or screwed with but liberals dont get the same treatment

it doesnt concern you at all

free speech is protecting speech you vehemently disagree with, not confirming your own opinion

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that Chiller is trying to get you to ban him, right? That way he can realize his dream and the dream of all far leftists. Being the victim.
well it isnt chiller , its the same old crap .

its easy say your piece without resulting to racial crap, calling people liars because you are too freaking lazy to look something up , or because you get tired of someones view point

then when you are corrected about being corrected then have to argue some point about whatever and who shot john blah blah blah

i dont think this thread is going to last because the people i am talking about all to often want to be some crusading internet tough guy

the same people who say the dont give a crap are the same people asking for it back and then go back to the same old shit

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarah Palin?? Really? It's not widely used and is about as popular in usage as she currently is. No wonder I hadn't heard of it!

that has been out for a long long time but since we couldnt agree on what MSM meant i made it easy for you

but in the end it wont matter because this whole thread is about to be obliterated until such time as i can see people are ready to talk to each other without the insults

i am still debating it but from what i have seen today i dont see much hope

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to like Trump to understand this is an abuse of our legal system. Flashback: Ken Starr: ELEVEN criminal recommendations for prosecution of Pres. Clinton. Mueller: ZERO criminal recommendation for prosecution of Pres. Trump.

"There was no reason for outgoing Special Counsel Robert Mueller to speak to the media Wednesday. Once again, he has abused the legal system.

Mueller has always known there was never a case against President Trump involving collusion with Russia to win the 2016 presidential election. When Mueller became special counsel there was no such evidence or insufficient evidence, as Mueller now says. To this day, there is no such evidence.

However, that has not stopped Mueller from abusing the American legal system.

In America, prosecutors do not exonerate people. They charge people or they do not. If they do not, in America that means you are innocent. Innocent until proven guilty is a core principle of our legal system, as opposed to Russia’s.

Mueller’s statement Wednesday that he did not exonerate Trump, and Mueller’s use of that standard, are profound abuses of our legal system – especially given the context of his actions. If it was up to Mueller, the entire American criminal justice system would be upended.

How is that not an abuse of the legal system?

There has never been a reason for Mueller to write a report or to speak. No law requires it. No one asked him to do it.

This is Mueller’s James Comey moment. Since January 2017, I have said Mueller would “pull a Comey.” By that, I meant, like fired FBI Director Comey did with Hillary Clinton, Mueller would make allegations against President Trump but not actually recommend charging him with anything.

So, Mueller produced a report over 400 pages long. But that was not enough.

Mueller’s statement Wednesday was his second Comey moment. That conduct is an abuse of the legal system.

Mueller put people in solitary confinement and used SWAT teams. Solitary confinement is meant for disruptive inmates and has been criticized for its negative psychological effects. SWAT teams are meant to take on the violent.

Mueller’s use of those tactics is an abuse of our legal system.
Of course, Mueller is no stranger to abuse of our legal system.

According to Alan Dershowitz: “I think Mueller is a zealot …. He’s the guy who kept four innocent people in prison for many years in order to protect the cover of Whitey Bulger as an FBI informer . . . and that’s regarded in Boston as one of the greatest scandals of modern judicial history. And Mueller was right at the center of it.”

Sounds like an abuse of the American legal system – doesn’t it?" -Tom Del Beccaro
( acclaimed author, speaker and the former Chairman of the California Republican Party. Tom is the author of the historical perspectives "The Divided Era.)"

The last thing I will comment on this subject for now as long as this thread is up ( which won’t be long I suspect )

Since we're on the subject, let's remind our fellow readers that Ken Starr a Republican didn't have the stain of party loyalty to consider as Mueller did. Starr issued his recommendations against a democratic president. Mueller who obviously internalized the DOJ memo, similarly did the same when measuring his lifelong republican loyalty against a republican president. Despite it all he still delivered 10 instances of obstruction of justice and nearly 200 instances of conspiracy.

It's amusing to read the many posts that snip at the edges regarding woulda, shoulda, coulda and none that refute the facts of his report.

BTW: In the event that I have been identified as one of those who could be listed as reason to eliminate this thread, I apologize for any and all indiscretions!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well when the LSM , print social and all others present a predominantly one side of the news and then actively tries to silence the other you dont have a free press . and with the attacks on the conservative news outlets and the idea that they are somehow less credible by others , a thought done by actions and deeds and comments tell me a very different picture

i have put up the stats , i have given you references , i have put up numerous stories the LSM has failed to cover , or covered so biasly , its pathetic . i have put up montages of supposed journalist openly advocating fdor their POV

i have shown there is little diversity of thought in newsrooms

the fact is you cant possibly have 94% positive or negative stories about any govt official and squawk about freedom of the press

i have put LSM numbers up and i have put others up none was refuted and i doubt any will be with a credible source

i get a shit ton of word games and tap dancing but no real substance

and sorry but fake news is what i call lazy journalism or pushing an agenda by action or inaction

i find it funny that almost always a conservative commentator has a FB , instagram , you tube , or twitter account banned or screwed with but liberals dont get the same treatment

it doesnt concern you at all

free speech is protecting speech you vehemently disagree with, not confirming your own opinion

Could it be that the issue isn't the LSM, MSM or whatever you choose to call it, but the insistence upon misidentifying what is and what isn't part of the problem?

I have a feeling that almost every poster here is a rather well worn, bull headed, old coot who has, to a person become set in our individual ways. In other threads there were writers identified by posters who weren't particularly liked because of some disagreeable article that they had written or a POV that while speaking factually seemed to all lean against our favorite team.

With respect to that 94% number, is it possible that there are people so vile and undeserving of typical respect given that they've discovered a method to stay relevant without changing who they are? Let me give you an example of this. Reality TV for all of it's mind numbing effects on the general public still commands a huge amount of viewership on a daily basis. Now while there are fewer moments of those "feel good" events, the ratings grabbers are almost always those involving conflict. Trump has figured this out and plays to those attention grabbing moments. Is that leadership or gamesmanship? I believe that an honest answer to this question might clear up some of the disagreement here.

Nobody wants to face the real possibility that they are being fooled, people deny it, defend their positions, and refute others who attempt to point to that and say..."take a look!" It's difficult to say that we've voted for a fool because we're nearly all entrenched in a manner of tribalism that often betray our own sensibilities with the realities of politics. In effect, party loyalty is voluntarily taking a stand against one's own ability to cross such lines, necessary to a healthy country.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Could this be Mexico is paying for the wall ?

NOPE, tariffs imposed against incoming goods is nothing more than a tax on the people here. If you're a businessman and offer widgets but have them bought in from elsewhere. The country imposes a 10 cent tariff per widget coming in means that the price of widgets goes up from the supplying country by ten cents and you, in order to not suffer a 10 cent loss/per raise the price of widgets by 10 cents. Consumers who wish to buy widgets now find that the cost of the same have risen by 10 cents. Basic economics.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t take it as an insult, it’s just a name on here. What I do find insulting are the things he says about the greatest president ever

FDR died on Apr 12, 1945, what did he say about him? :D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM guessing everyones freedom feelers went off with this latest mass shooting right? I feel safer already.

I'm personally awaiting the outpouring of "thoughts and prayers." followed by or in accordance with the usual silence from elected officials. Truth be told, I'd much rather they say "thanks for your service" to the shooter.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm personally awaiting the outpouring of "thoughts and prayers." followed by or in accordance with the usual silence from elected officials. Truth be told, I'd much rather they say "thanks for your service" to the shooter.
The shooter was Dewayne Craddock, a 40 year old black man who was a registered democrat and devout christian. So im guessing the media outside of FOX will only be reporting that the shooter was simply a christian. That is if they cover the story at all. So no teenage white kid this time... guess mass shooters come in all shapes, colors and sizes. However, hang in there my friends.. im sure they’ll be a white kid shooting up a school somewhere soon enough to push the theory only white people do these sorta selfish acts.

This place is like crack.. hard to give up.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re thinking if shutting down this thread now?540 pages later?

Why now? Too many sane, rational, progressive commentators spoiling your old white man party?

Cant stick your head in the sand anymore?
The echo chamber losing its echo?

Just because the old white ignorant men online here might have been younger once, doesnt mean that they arent completely out of touch, closeminded, ignorant deplorables now.

There were plenty of asshole hippies then, and there are plenty of angry white deplorables now.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shooter was Dewayne Craddock, a 40 year old black man who was a registered democrat and devout christian. So im guessing the media outside of FOX will only be reporting that the shooter was simply a christian. That is if they cover the story at all. So no teenage white kid this time... guess mass shooters come in all shapes, colors and sizes. However, hang in there my friends.. im sure they’ll be a white kid shooting up a school somewhere soon enough to push the theory only white people do these sorta selfish acts.

Make sure you ignore the forest, for your one, perfect tree, reptec.

Oooh! This one is not an angry white man!!! Let’s make it about fake liberal news bias!!!

You obviously didnt get your own party’s talking point: now isnt the time to talk about media bias. Thoughts and prayers for the victims.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make sure you ignore the forest, for your one, perfect tree, reptec.

Oooh! This one is not an angry white man!!! Let’s make it about fake liberal news bias!!!

You obviously didnt get your own party’s talking point: now isnt the time to talk about media bias. Thoughts and prayers for the victims.
Never mentioned fake news. I mentioned no news. When you’re watching your fav lib network you might notice shooter being black wont ever get mentioned. Not that race ever should be important cuz a deranged shooter is a deranged shooter in itself. It just typifies biased networks. Was really my only point.

I agree... its a terrible thing and politics about it right now shouldn't get in the way but gun control and right v left will as usual dominate the news... and this board.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re thinking if shutting down this thread now?540 pages later?

Why now? Too many sane, rational, progressive commentators spoiling your old white man party?

Cant stick your head in the sand anymore?
The echo chamber losing its echo?

Just because the old white ignorant men online here might have been younger once, doesnt mean that they arent completely out of touch, closeminded, ignorant deplorables now.

There were plenty of asshole hippies then, and there are plenty of angry white deplorables now.
I think I understand you better now. White men equal ignorance. Black man equal intelligence. I see a bit of racism towards the white race in that there notion lil pilgrim. Sad sad sad. Thought you were above that. 2nd thing ive gotten wrong today. 1st was me thinking that you'd actually surprise me and make some sense today.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I understand you better now. White men equal ignorance. Black man equal intelligence. I see a bit of racism towards the white race in that there notion lil pilgrim. Sad sad sad. Thought you were above that. 2nd thing ive gotten wrong today. 1st was me thinking that you'd actually surprise me and make some sense today.

Damn the thought of equality really makes you that mad huh?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Odd that no one mentioned the shooters race but you. Maybe because some of us dont think its a white or black problem. But a too many guns floating around in the hands of the public problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.