• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one wants to be there except a few gung ho MF'ers. The first thing that you learn is to trust one another. There are no (fill in the blank) descriptive in a firefight, no Jesus, no God, race, nothing... but an instinct to survive the event.

There was once a conventional draft and a legal underground draft in this country all were methods used to "force" participation.

yeah ... sounds alot like middle school, lol

but i would still think a soldier would prefer having someone who choose to stand next to him rather then someone who was forced

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah ... sounds alot like middle school, lol

but i would still think a soldier would prefer having someone who choose to stand next to him rather then someone who was forced

This is how the military works at the ground level in a nutshell. when there's a task or mission to be done "I want two volunteers....you and you."

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how the military works at the ground level in a nutshell. when there's a task or mission to be done "I want two volunteers....you and you."

Volunteer or be voluntold. Either way, some one is going to do this, and he who has the most Stars, Bars or stripes usually wins.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freedom comes at a cost. If you are NOT willing to sacrifice in order to protect said named freedom... Im not really sure if its deserved freedom to begin with. And Im really starting to think a rich man who got his college paid for by the military, but then ducked out on his service obligation should never have even been allowed to run for office of the highest military commander in our country.

So IM curious... what would done correctly entail.. 50 feet high, 30 feet deep, and armed machine guns every 100 yards with night vision scopes??

My personal opinion is military service should be required to be Commander in Chief. I don't care who paid college.

Build the wall. Fine businesses out of business and go after personal assets for employing those in the country illegally. No government benefits at all for those in the country illegally. Have DHs walk the wall to start.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way @gkekoa as about 80% of our armed forces are comprised of those who didnt have another option, for all intents half the guys who WERE by my side in the shit as it were. For all intents they were forced to be there because they

1. Didnt have a trust fund to pay for college
2. Didnt have a scholarship to pay for college
3. Decided the Military was better than a stellar career at the local piggly wiggly.

There are other options. They just are less appealing and pay less.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one wants to be there except a few gung ho MF'ers. The first thing that you learn is to trust one another. There are no (fill in the blank) descriptive in a firefight, no Jesus, no God, race, nothing... but an instinct to survive the event.

There was once a conventional draft and a legal underground draft in this country all were methods used to "force" participation.

We have enough entering voluntarily that we don't need forced service.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal opinion is military service should be required to be Commander in Chief. I don't care who paid college.

Build the wall. Fine businesses out of business and go after personal assets for employing those in the country illegally. No government benefits at all for those in the country illegally. Have DHs walk the wall to start.

I actually agree with you that to be Commander in Chief one should have served in the Military. And I will one up you, one should have been an Enlisted man before becoming an officer. As in a career Military man. To me who paid for college matters, because I have seen entirely too many "Officers" who couldnt find their own ass with a roll of TP and a Mirror, come in and command good men to their deaths because to them, it was just a means to an end.

As for the wall thing, do you realize HOW many bodies it would take to patrol a 1900 mile wall 24/7 365?? Lets do the math... say two man teams every 500 yards. So 3 teams for every mile

1900 *3=5700

5700 agents times 3 eight hour shifts equals 17100 agents on the wall. At $50K per year per agent

$855,000,000 per year just to MAN the wall, that does not include upkeep, the $40-70 Billion to build it does not even factor into the actual manning the damn thing.

BUt its a sound investment to keep them out. Again I ask, once we keep them from coming, whats the next step though considering the initial cost is.. outlandish.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again though, if you are going to serve in congress, or become president... you SHOULD have served. Personally i would be fine if the right to vote were restricted to those that had served as well. Some one who's greatest accomplishment in life was managing to pass the bar exam and make it through college without getting arrested for drugs, public drunkeness, or a HOST of other things that most of our political figures have done is NOT the kind of people we need leading this country.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, that sir, is an amazing statement! Considering the socioeconomic class that's filling the majority of those slots! BTW: This was the nice way to say it!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree with you that to be Commander in Chief one should have served in the Military. And I will one up you, one should have been an Enlisted man before becoming an officer. As in a career Military man. To me who paid for college matters, because I have seen entirely too many "Officers" who couldnt find their own ass with a roll of TP and a Mirror, come in and command good men to their deaths because to them, it was just a means to an end.

As for the wall thing, do you realize HOW many bodies it would take to patrol a 1900 mile wall 24/7 365?? Lets do the math... say two man teams every 500 yards. So 3 teams for every mile

1900 *3=5700

5700 agents times 3 eight hour shifts equals 17100 agents on the wall. At $50K per year per agent

$855,000,000 per year just to MAN the wall, that does not include upkeep, the $40-70 Billion to build it does not even factor into the actual manning the damn thing.

BUt its a sound investment to keep them out. Again I ask, once we keep them from coming, whats the next step though considering the initial cost is.. outlandish.

As an officer, with a father who was enlisted, I actually agree with you; however, who would go to college and then go in as a private or airman?

Why 500 yards? I was thinking a team every 20 miles or so doing shift work. 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off, covering 24 hours per day. We already have the manpower capable of manning the wall being paid. That isn't a new cost.

I would also have the wall built by non-violent prison inmates, teaching them a skill, and having them earn a very small salary while working for two years in exchange for their freedom.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again though, if you are going to serve in congress, or become president... you SHOULD have served. Personally i would be fine if the right to vote were restricted to those that had served as well. Some one who's greatest accomplishment in life was managing to pass the bar exam and make it through college without getting arrested for drugs, public drunkeness, or a HOST of other things that most of our political figures have done is NOT the kind of people we need leading this country.

While I think it would be far better if that were the case, we both know that willl never happen.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an officer, with a father who was enlisted, I actually agree with you; however, who would go to college and then go in as a private or airman?

Why 500 yards? I was thinking a team every 20 miles or so doing shift work. 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off, covering 24 hours per day. We already have the manpower capable of manning the wall being paid. That isn't a new cost.

I would also have the wall built by non-violent prison inmates, teaching them a skill, and having them earn a very small salary while working for two years in exchange for their freedom.

As for the officer thing, I think college should not be a factor. Serve as enlisted, become a WO, then an officer. College paid for should be the REWARD for service, but it shouldnt be granted UNTIL you have actually served at least as an enlisted man first.

Every 20 miles?? What would be the point. Hell IM 48 with two bad knees, and in the dark I could likely STIL Lget by some one within 100 feet without being caught. 20 miles between posts?? I could get an entire platoon over the wall by the time you made a 20 mile circuit.

As for having prisoners build the wall, you dont think THAT system would be ripe for abuse?? Hey Earl, we are three weeks behind schedule on the wall and need more man power to catch up. Think you can "facilitate" me some more man power?? Shout out to @Stymietee for borrowing his word of the day.

Now here is my deep thought question for the night...

Aside from being BORN here, what gives us any more rights to this land than some one born in say Ecuador, or Bolivia, or Africa for that matter?? You were born American, but you had no choice in where you were born. You were born white, again zero choice. So the concept of being Proud to be an American, or black, white or chinese.... is really something we had zero choice in. And while one can not simply choose to be Asian, one can and SHOULD be able to CHOOSE to become a citizen, and i should NOT be limited based on skin color or place of birth.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think it would be far better if that were the case, we both know that willl never happen.

Why not?? I mean besides the fact that 90% of the populace would be excluded from voting, and 60% of the voting populace would be of non majority ethnic background...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the officer thing, I think college should not be a factor. Serve as enlisted, become a WO, then an officer. College paid for should be the REWARD for service, but it shouldnt be granted UNTIL you have actually served at least as an enlisted man first.

Every 20 miles?? What would be the point. Hell IM 48 with two bad knees, and in the dark I could likely STIL Lget by some one within 100 feet without being caught. 20 miles between posts?? I could get an entire platoon over the wall by the time you made a 20 mile circuit.

As for having prisoners build the wall, you dont think THAT system would be ripe for abuse?? Hey Earl, we are three weeks behind schedule on the wall and need more man power to catch up. Think you can "facilitate" me some more man power?? Shout out to @Stymietee for borrowing his word of the day.

Now here is my deep thought question for the night...

Aside from being BORN here, what gives us any more rights to this land than some one born in say Ecuador, or Bolivia, or Africa for that matter?? You were born American, but you had no choice in where you were born. You were born white, again zero choice. So the concept of being Proud to be an American, or black, white or chinese.... is really something we had zero choice in. And while one can not simply choose to be Asian, one can and SHOULD be able to CHOOSE to become a citizen, and i should NOT be limited based on skin color or place of birth.

All well and good. That is your opinion and you have reasons for it.

20 miles because of surveillance cameras.

Every system used by the government is ripe for abuse. How exactly would they abuse it though? These are men working for a wage and their freedom with training.

Actually, birth rite is as good as any other reason to stake claim.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not?? I mean besides the fact that 90% of the populace would be excluded from voting, and 60% of the voting populace would be of non majority ethnic background...

Because those who make the laws would never vote themselves out of office.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even your article doesn't say it is a wall. It is a fence, if that. Other areas they refer to as drones and such.

I don't even believe in this shit as defined by others............but................Jeeeeezzz sus!! semantics...really??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All well and good. That is your opinion and you have reasons for it.

20 miles because of surveillance cameras.

Every system used by the government is ripe for abuse. How exactly would they abuse it though? These are men working for a wage and their freedom with training.

Actually, birth rite is as good as any other reason to stake claim.

Like I just said.. the system would be abused just as the CURRENT prison system is abused. You don see a cause and effect from when prisons went private, and prison populations and prison sentences both increased??

20 miles between posts even with Cameras is unacceptable if the idea is to STOP all illegals from sneaking in. Cameras brak, or can be broken. Shit my job is 27 miles from the house, and even on the bike, with zero traffic it takes at least 15 minutes to get to the office.

Birth rite works for you because

1, You were born here
2. There is likely zero chance you will be mistaken for some one who wasnt born here.

Status
Not open for further replies.