• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than you could ever know!

However, I always attempt to be fair to those charging me with various degrees of dysfunction before I take them into deeper waters, so explain it to me. Let's see what you've got!
Sorry sty, but it’s not worth it. You already have preconceived notions of me and those who you think are like me. So no matter what I say, you will convolute it into supporting your preconceived notions. I’ve seen you do it with too many on here to stoop down and give you fodder for you games.

And if the pattern holds true, you will retort with some jaunty reply that will be a veiled insult, because, I guess, I’m not like you.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry sty, but it’s not worth it. You already have preconceived notions of me and those who you think are like me. So no matter what I say, you will convolute it into supporting your preconceived notions. I’ve seen you do it with too many on here to stoop down and give you fodder for you games.

And if the pattern holds true, you will retort with some jaunty reply that will be a veiled insult, because, I guess, I’m not like you.

Turns out, you would have to rise to the moment. I don't get insulted because I can't keep up or defend my position with factual information. I don't know you @j_y19 therefore no preconceived notions about you unless you're admitting to being unable to defend your convictions before we even start. Remember you jumped into this.

Last edited:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? You offer a supposed “deep dive” poll yet offer no details of the poll, how it was conducted, who was polled, etc? I’ve never seen a legit poll not provide their polling methods. I call bull shit on a 10m number. I’d be shocked it it was even 10% of that.

Forgive me for being blunt, but as a non minority I get the feeling you might not notice the actual level of racism against minorities that still exists in this country, especially in certain areas.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgive me for being blunt, but as a non minority I get the feeling you might not notice the actual level of racism against minorities that still exists in this country, especially in certain areas.
Absolutely a fair statement (actually, I am of minority heritage believe it or not). But you are correct, I definitely don’t notice it to the level that you do. And I get that. Because I haven’t experienced it to a level that I suppose you have. Your issue is real, I have no doubt.

But could it also be possible, due to your life experiences, that you are hypersensitive to the issue and see it sometimes when none were there? I ask this question earnestly, not trying to disparage.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Turns out, you would have to rise to the moment. I don't get insulted because I can't keep up or defend my position with factual information. I don't know you @j_y19 therefore no preconceived notions about you unless you're admitting to being unable to defend your convictions before we even start. Remember you jumped into this.

Well, you clearly think that I am a racist for even entertaining the notion that I believe In States rights. Otherwise why would you interject the issue in a discussion of a form of government. Unless you can point to anything else I have ever posted that would give you that notion, then it must be preconceived.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a degree yes. But I also believe that for the racists among us, black people in America will always hold a "special" place. Because after all, we were the children of slaves. So some still think that no matter how much a black man or woman achieves, we will still be considered lower than Chinese, Mexicans or any other minority.
What about gay, cripple, Muslim blacks?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about gay, cripple, Muslim blacks?

Gays they consider beneath them.

Cripples, same deal and are there just to make fun of

Black American Muslim??? Well dude we are the bonus round. As such can be hated on for both minority and religious status.

And I say we because I was raised Muslim and if I were to be a religious man, that would be the closest to it I could come.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gays they consider beneath them.

Cripples, same deal and are there just to make fun of

Black American Muslim??? Well dude we are the bonus round. As such can be hated on for both minority and religious status.

And I say we because I was raised Muslim and if I were to be a religious man, that would be the closest to it I could come.
You poor guy, you. Having to go through life, believing that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you clearly think that I am a racist for even entertaining the notion that I believe In States rights. Otherwise why would you interject the issue in a discussion of a form of government. Unless you can point to anything else I have ever posted that would give you that notion, then it must be preconceived.

So, it wasn't you who wrote this...

States rights. The original vision of this country was a Republic of States. Each State was responsible for our own. The Federal Government as we know it was never intended to be so large or over looming. I think we need to get back to that. The closer the decision and implementation authority is to me, the more I have influence and control over what is done.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s might generous of you Sty. Thanks for not picking
on us unknowing.

Actually, I believe that you're either having a bad day or since it's Friday, a very good one! Clearly your focus is elsewhere, when you can't remember what you wrote literally within a short period of time. Not being able to connect the two renders you to what you have labeled yourself...unknowing.

I don't know what your issue is with me, (actually I do have a third eye instinctive perspective) and I can take all of the criticism that's coming my way, however, don't confuse me with your preconceived notions. I understand that folks aren't particularly fond of having to defend who or what they claim to be or positions held and when challenged, take exception because...well... that smartass is going to make me choke on my own words/convictions.

Well, they're right, because (despite the labels...smug, condescending, et.al) I expect better from people who call themselves men.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I believe that you're either having a bad day or since it's Friday, a very good one! Clearly your focus is elsewhere, when you can't remember what you wrote literally within a short period of time. Not being able to connect the two renders you to what you have labeled yourself...unknowing.

I don't know what your issue is with me, (actually I do have a third eye instinctive perspective) and I can take all of the criticism that's coming my way, however, don't confuse me with your preconceived notions. I understand that folks aren't particularly fond of having to defend who or what they claim to be or positions held and when challenged, take exception because...well... that smartass is going to make me choke on my own words/convictions.

Well, they're right, because (despite the labels...smug, condescending, et.al) I expect better from people who call themselves men.
I know exactly what I wrote. And I know exactly how you tried to twist it to race bait me. And that is a fact. So yeah, I don’t take kindly to it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I conceded that in my first line and added the 1776 start date in the second.

Didn't want to read that one huh? Slavery absolutely remained legal in the state of Mississippi until 2013. Now I expect you to come back with some nonsense about it not being legally practiced, but there's no denying that a law, whether practiced or not, remains the law until it is officially removed.

Wrong. Federal law made slavery illegal state of Mississippi.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's stat focused on the subject. Forcing your religious beliefs onto someone when the question is abortion, isn't minding your religious business, it's forcing yours onto them.

Actually, my position on abortion is free from religious aspect. It is based on science.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you apparently dont like it when people point out that generations of systematic racism has more to do with the situation in the black community than almost any other factor. You find any attempt to level the playing field as some how racist against you as a white man. I have never said blacks cant achieve what whites have. But I do try to point out that even now it is socially accepted to treats anyone other than white males as less than in far too many instances. You cant
really claim an even playing field when things like income equality, and racial profiling still exist.

You aren’t pointing it out. You are theorizing and taking out personal responsibility.

Any attempt to level the field isn’t accounting for individual choices, so it isn’t equality of opportunity.

Income inequality is a result of education. Education is a result of parenting, hard work, and ability.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a funny guy....please tell me that you don't recall a very recent post in which I said that I was personally against abortion How could I NOT grasp it? I live it!! What you fail to grasp is that my opinion and/or beliefs has zero business in anyone else's life decisions and that holds true for everyone.

Good for you that you have developed a relationship with your god. I understand fully how people reach the decision that abortion is wrong, in fact I agree with them. What in hell does that have to do with someone who doesn't believe as you and I who chooses to live their life differently than either of us?

I've repeated the same thing in two different ways above, hopefully you will finally get it!

Nah...you say you are against it. OK.

My opinion on murder doesn’t have any place in the public arena? Really? So why doesn’t your opinion on healthcare belong there?

What does our opinion have to do with God, unless He agrees with us? You are the one who claimed my opinion was religious based.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The right to lifers lost me when they went on the kick that birth control should also be banned and that the only real way of birth control should be abstinence. Because that basically says that the only purpose of sex is procreation, and it should only be undertaken by a married couple (Couple meaning man and woman). It has become nothing more than a back channel for instituting ones religious "Morals" on the rest of humanity. After all, whats next banning condoms, blow jobs and instructional videos??

Very few right to lifers believe birth control should be banned. Sorry.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's already a movement towards a COS. 12 states have already signed on and to be frank I'm pretty cool with term limits but I draw a line at some of the talk about social spending. Overblown military budgets, we can talk about.

Perspectives absolutely matter in law and law-making.

Social spending should be talked about, just as the overblown military budget should.

Perspectives don’t matter on what is already written and decided. Perspective matters when developing legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.