• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In what way is it forced into your space? If you hear it, is that invading your space? If you see it, is that invading your space?

Let's stat focused on the subject. Forcing your religious beliefs onto someone when the question is abortion, isn't minding your religious business, it's forcing yours onto them.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The US was not a country until 1776. When you talk about slavery in the US, you don’t get to go back to 1619 when it was the English and Spanish.

Slavery was not legal in any state after 1863.

I conceded that in my first line and added the 1776 start date in the second.

Didn't want to read that one huh? Slavery absolutely remained legal in the state of Mississippi until 2013. Now I expect you to come back with some nonsense about it not being legally practiced, but there's no denying that a law, whether practiced or not, remains the law until it is officially removed.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t like it when people talk about the issues within the black community, and put the blame on the black community for things they can improve upon for themselves because we think the black community is capable. It is funny that I can point out things within the black community that would improve the lives of those within it, but it is the white man’s fault some within the community don’t achieve it. Wouldn’t it actually be racist to believe black people cant achieve what white people achieve? Isn’t it racist to believe the only reason white people can achieve anything is privilege?

And you apparently dont like it when people point out that generations of systematic racism has more to do with the situation in the black community than almost any other factor. You find any attempt to level the playing field as some how racist against you as a white man. I have never said blacks cant achieve what whites have. But I do try to point out that even now it is socially accepted to treats anyone other than white males as less than in far too many instances. You cant really claim an even playing field when things like income equality, and racial profiling still exist.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know why you do it, but you fail to grasp a person does not need religion to come to the conclusion abortion is wrong. I felt it was wrong long before I had a real relationship with God.

You continually refusing to at least see why people can come to the conclusion abortion is wrong, even if you disagree, is well below your level of intelligence.

You're a funny guy....please tell me that you don't recall a very recent post in which I said that I was personally against abortion How could I NOT grasp it? I live it!! What you fail to grasp is that my opinion and/or beliefs has zero business in anyone else's life decisions and that holds true for everyone.

Good for you that you have developed a relationship with your god. I understand fully how people reach the decision that abortion is wrong, in fact I agree with them. What in hell does that have to do with someone who doesn't believe as you and I who chooses to live their life differently than either of us?

I've repeated the same thing in two different ways above, hopefully you will finally get it!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a funny guy....please tell me that you don't recall a very recent post in which I said that I was personally against abortion How could I NOT grasp it? I live it!! What you fail to grasp is that my opinion and/or beliefs has zero business in anyone else's life decisions and that holds true for everyone.

Good for you that you have developed a relationship with your god. I understand fully how people reach the decision that abortion is wrong, in fact I agree with them. What in hell does that have to do with someone who doesn't believe as you and I who chooses to live their life differently than either of us?

I've repeated the same thing in two different ways above, hopefully you will finally get it!

The right to lifers lost me when they went on the kick that birth control should also be banned and that the only real way of birth control should be abstinence. Because that basically says that the only purpose of sex is procreation, and it should only be undertaken by a married couple (Couple meaning man and woman). It has become nothing more than a back channel for instituting ones religious "Morals" on the rest of humanity. After all, whats next banning condoms, blow jobs and instructional videos??

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they are long since dead.

The Constitution can change. There is a very specific way to do so. If you want to change the Constitution, let’s do it. Let’s have a convention of states.

Perspectives do not matter when speaking on the law. Congress votes on a law. Just because a perspective changes over time doesn’t change what was voted on. If perspective changes, then Congress should address the new perspective through law.

There's already a movement towards a COS. 12 states have already signed on and to be frank I'm pretty cool with term limits but I draw a line at some of the talk about social spending. Overblown military budgets, we can talk about.

Perspectives absolutely matter in law and law-making.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The right to lifers lost me when they went on the kick that birth control should also be banned and that the only real way of birth control should be abstinence. Because that basically says that the only purpose of sex is procreation, and it should only be undertaken by a married couple (Couple meaning man and woman). It has become nothing more than a back channel for instituting ones religious "Morals" on the rest of humanity. After all, whats next banning condoms, blow jobs and instructional videos??

They are extremists of the highest order, on one hand they want government out of people's lives and at the same time want that same government to force their religious beliefs onto everyone else. If they ever get their way again, swallowing will be outlawed, because for them, it's a form of cannibalism. :pound:

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you apparently dont like it when people point out that generations of systematic racism has more to do with the situation in the black community than almost any other factor. You find any attempt to level the playing field as some how racist against you as a white man. I have never said blacks cant achieve what whites have. But I do try to point out that even now it is socially accepted to treats anyone other than white males as less than in far too many instances. You cant really claim an even playing field when things like income equality, and racial profiling still exist.
This is all bullshit. Every bit of it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
States rights. The original vision of this country was a Republic of States. Each State was responsible for our own. The Federal Government as we know it was never intended to be so large or over looming. I think we need to get back to that. The closer the decision and implementation authority is to me, the more I have influence and control over what is done.

Well, there it is huh?

That's interesting because as we all know or care to admit "states rights" is cover for destroying the equal protection, civil rights, voting rights and a host of other laws. This is so reminiscent of the name change BS when people say such nonsense as "we don't hear much about it anymore, so I guess that it's gone away." How foolish is it to think that way!! Out of sight, doesn't translate into out of mind, as we all remember Lee Atwater, Pat Buchanan, W.F. Buckley, the Reform Party and all of those other states righter's. They may be gone, or out of the public eye but the movement remains, just as does every other issue that folks don't agree with but insist upon instituting or destroying.

I hope that you are aware that a civil war was fought over the "rights" of certain states. Metaphorically speaking, I guess that there's no point in teaching an old dog a new trick, when in fact, the old trick will do just fine.

What's the old trick?..."The South will rise again!"

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe this systemic racism extends to all minorities?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there it is huh?

That's interesting because as we all know or care to admit "states rights" is cover for destroying the equal protection, civil rights, voting rights and a host of other laws. This is so reminiscent of the name change BS when people say such nonsense as "we don't hear much about it anymore, so I guess that it's gone away." How foolish is it to think that way!! Out of sight, doesn't translate into out of mind, as we all remember Lee Atwater, Pat Buchanan, W.F. Buckley, the Reform Party and all of those other states righter's. They may be gone, or out of the public eye but the movement remains, just as does every other issue that folks don't agree with but insist upon instituting or destroying.

I hope that you are aware that a civil war was fought over the "rights" of certain states. Metaphorically speaking, I guess that there's no point in teaching an old dog a new trick, when in fact, the old trick will do just fine.

What's the old trick?..."The South will rise again!"
Wow. That’s all I got.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure...then you can see top bitching about how the black community has been mistreated by white privilege.

"How about we do away with..." is present tense, history is past and cannot be changed...just corrected. You are, hopefully, a good Christian man and forgiveness runs through the bloodstream of your belief system, correct? Well, as you know, forgiveness also requires an action, and in this case, the action is correcting that past.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you believe this systemic racism extends to all minorities?

To a degree yes. But I also believe that for the racists among us, black people in America will always hold a "special" place. Because after all, we were the children of slaves. So some still think that no matter how much a black man or woman achieves, we will still be considered lower than Chinese, Mexicans or any other minority.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a degree yes. But I also believe that for the racists among us, black people in America will always hold a "special" place. Because after all, we were the children of slaves. So some still think that no matter how much a black man or woman achieves, we will still be considered lower than Chinese, Mexicans or any other minority.
Shark, my friend, very few think that way. But I understand why just a few could be concerning to you.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately you don’t.

More than you could ever know!

However, I always attempt to be fair to those charging me with various degrees of dysfunction before I take them into deeper waters, so explain it to me. Let's see what you've got!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.