• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. But as i have stated before... I have never in my life time as an adult felt that a President was actively trying to divide the country. So I dont really think Trump is a Republican.

I know of only one party that is grading people by dividing them...intersectionality.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I almost missed it...87 years, in what country? Certainly not this one! I am curious though, where are you getting this information, please post a source!

BTW: good to know that "Christians" were so self correcting. This is so Trump like in concept as he continues with..."look I created an issue and now I want credit for fixing it!"

1776 until 1863...87 years. Also known as four score and seven years ago.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it true that people vote? Where they happen to live isn't a good argument in favor of keeping the EOC. This is the one seat where popular vote must rule the outcome. Small towns if they are so inclined, must send other elected representatives to do their bidding. Isn't that how the system works now? Presidents represent all of the people while particular groups of people send senate and house members to present their particular and unique concerns.

Actually...your opinion wasn’t shared by the people who created this country. Sorry.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about we do away with all "white," "black" "red" and any other subjugating references to people?

BTW: #Changethename...yeah I said it!

Sure...then you can see top bitching about how the black community has been mistreated by white privilege.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mind your business and keep your religion to yourself isn't telling you "HOW" you should worship, just to respect everyone else's boundaries and your own.

Isn’t telling somebody to keep their religion to themselves telling them how to worship? I mean it is the very definition of telling them how to.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pro, stay out of other people's business with your (generic your) religious BS. Personally I'm against abortion and had my time to assert that stance with my own children or any that we decided not to bring to term. The question of pro or con with respects to abortion essentially asks the courts to pick a side. This is wrong in a country where the rights of everyone must be protected. The position of the court must always be "No Standing" with orders to provide safe places where these procedures can be done and for those electing not to...to ignore.

You are the one that continually brings up religion in the abortion debate.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t telling somebody to keep their religion to themselves telling them how to worship? I mean it is the very definition of telling them how to.

Nope, how you worship is vastly different from pushing it in someone else's space.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the one that continually brings up religion in the abortion debate.

If you're pretending to not know why, you're either purposely trying to show some level of ignorance or outright lying. I don't know why you're doing this, but it's beneath the level of intelligence that you've consistently displayed on this board.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually...your opinion wasn’t shared by the people who created this country. Sorry.

The people who developed a new nation here are no longer living. Times change and so does the constitution, perspectives, and standards of living. The country that they founded no longer exists.

Last edited:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people who developed a new nation here are no longer living. Times change and so does the constitution, perspectives, and standards of living. The country that they founded no longer exists.
That's too bad. Many of the aspects of the country they founded we sorely need right now.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're pretending to not know why, you're either purposely trying to show some level of ignorance or outright lying. I don't know why you're doing this, but it's beneath the level of intelligence that you've consistently displayed on this board.

I know why you do it, but you fail to grasp a person does not need religion to come to the conclusion abortion is wrong. I felt it was wrong long before I had a real relationship with God.

You continually refusing to at least see why people can come to the conclusion abortion is wrong, even if you disagree, is well below your level of intelligence.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, they are long since dead.

The Constitution can change. There is a very specific way to do so. If you want to change the Constitution, let’s do it. Let’s have a convention of states.

Perspectives do not matter when speaking on the law. Congress votes on a law. Just because a perspective changes over time doesn’t change what was voted on. If perspective changes, then Congress should address the new perspective through law.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For example?
States rights. The original vision of this country was a Republic of States. Each State was responsible for our own. The Federal Government as we know it was never intended to be so large or over looming. I think we need to get back to that. The closer the decision and implementation authority is to me, the more I have influence and control over what is done.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont care about your truth i dont care if you like or dont like how i run the board here

there are ,many posters here who vehemently disagree with my politics shark ebb sty and many more . none get their threads deleted or moderated because they dont insult or break the rules they are respectful . the ones who are not have troubles

1) Maybe you should reconsider the first point because SportsHoopla might have .001% of the traffic the old ESPN boards had. Right or wrong, like it or hate it, fact is there are about 5 regular posters on this board. I would love it if there were 30-50 regular day to day posters.

2) Are you sure about point 2? This response will be moderated

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Maybe you should reconsider the first point because SportsHoopla might have .001% of the traffic the old ESPN boards had. Right or wrong, like it or hate it, fact is there are about 5 regular posters on this board. I would love it if there were 30-50 regular day to day posters.

2) Are you sure about point 2? This response will be moderated

no it wont

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m much more interested in seeing the tax returns of politicians who became millionaires in office than a billionaire who became a politician

Status
Not open for further replies.