• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not talking about presidential candidates and even they have to be able to pass the clearance process on their own merit. We're talking about people who couldn't qualify for clearances on their own merit.
Tell me how does a former communist pass a security check then becomes CIA. Director ?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read on !

Point of order, when there's something posted, I believe than I'm among the few who will read all of it. While there might be others, none can say that they have read more in this thread than I have. (I've actually read every post and the attachments) Jumping into exchanges without reading and gaining contextual information is actually an insult to sincere posts and the person who took the time to consider doing so.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't challenge your sincerity or the political position that you claim as your own, that's beneath me. However, I'll pit my fiscal conservative and socially progressive bonafides against your one sided "core values" any day of the week and twice on Sundays.[/QUOTE

Look if you are going to call out someone you dislike for a policy or flaw that’s cool but hold your guy to the same standard .

That’s a Corp value

For example and example only . You can’t. Say that kavanaughs. Accusers must. Be believed but. Turn a blind eye to Biden’s accusers

The standard should be BOTH should get the presumption of innocence . Dare I say. A CORP value

And neither deserved to be smeared without evidence

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point of order, when there's something posted, I believe than I'm among the few who reads all of it. While there might be others, none can say that they have read more in this thread than I have. (I've actually read every post and the attachments) Jumping into exchanges without reading and gaining contextual information is actually an insult to sincere posts and the person who took the time to consider doing so.
Ok and if you read on you would see that 5. Nuclear plants produce. More electricity then all solar. And wind combined. Yet that form of electricity. Isn’t even considered when speaking about carbon in regards to global warming . One would then have to ask why ? Now I posted that to see who would respond and how

I work in nuclear so I am well versed in it nukes safely. Solve a huge concern to climate alarmist yet no one advocates for them even though they. Allow us to keep our standard of living while the others. Simply. Can’t

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, and we both know that "presumptions of innocence" isn't applied uniformly in this country.

It is interesting that I continue to remind that there's a game being played on the masses and why I'll continue to post alternative ways to reasonably consider looking at issues. Anytime, there's a provided either/or choice, considered thought takes a hit and there's a dumbing down effect taking a stronger root.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok and if you read on you would see that 5. Nuclear plants produce. More electricity then all solar. And wind combined. Yet that form of electricity. Isn’t even considered when speaking about carbon in regards to global warming . One would then have to ask why ? Now I posted that to see who would respond and how

I work in nuclear so I am well versed in it nukes safely. Solve a huge concern to climate alarmist yet no one advocates for them even though they. Allow us to keep our standard of living while the others. Simply. Can’t

I don't think that's the issue at all. Nuclear energy is already in use, that's a given, therefore no real need to promote its advantages. The problem with nuclear energy is waste storage, a problem that we had and continued to have while working in hospitals. The problem is long term, safe, waste disposal just as it was with carbon capture in coal usage. Granted the waste storage issue in nuclear is less than that of carbon capture but therein lies the issue...what can be used to lessen the build up of nuclear waste as effectively as nuclear energy has done against carbon capture. We're evolving, not perfect mind you, but we do try in this country, to always search for better, safer, equal or more effective answers. That's the argument for attempting to use Solar, wind and the like.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
need a safe space where politics cant hurt your vagina?

I believe your comments fall under the category of trolling and we have rules about that. Please refer to the Smack Talk thread.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it’s whats best for him, cuz he campaigned on everything thing he is doing. Something most politicians never do
You mean like guaranteeing Mexico would pay for the wall?

DetroitDevil

The Libtard is the new Covid.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe your comments fall under the category of trolling and we have rules about that. Please refer to the Smack Talk thread.
Legit question, given the circumstance youre in.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that's the issue at all. Nuclear energy is already in use, that's a given, therefore no real need to promote its advantages. The problem with nuclear energy is waste storage, a problem that we had and continued to have while working in hospitals. The problem is long term, safe, waste disposal just as it was with carbon capture in coal usage. Granted the waste storage issue in nuclear is less than that of carbon capture but therein lies the issue...what can be used to lessen the build up of nuclear waste as effectively as nuclear energy has done against carbon capture. We're evolving, not perfect mind you, but we do try in this country, to always search for better, safer, equal or more effective answers. That's the argument for attempting to use Solar, wind and the like.
almost all of nuclear power when it comes to waste is disposed of and not like you hear on TV . the only thing you have now is dry cast storage which is done on sight

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legit question, given the circumstance youre in.

Actually your first reply was not legit. I said "I wish this thread was not here." I also said it is liked by a number of people so although I don't like it overall I respect the right of others to have it. Why that gave you a reason to tell me how to do my business I have no clue. IMO that is trolling. Your post was not about politics but instead a negative comment. If you want to come talk politics then have at it anything else is trolling.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost all of nuclear power when it comes to waste is disposed of and not like you hear on TV . the only thing you have now is dry cast storage which is done on sight

I couldn't agree more, those glow in the dark rockfish swimming just off of Calvert Cliffs NP has nothing to do with waste. :pound:Kidding of course.

I think dad and I both worked on nuclear things. dad on power plants and me on missiles. :exploding:

DetroitDevil

The Libtard is the new Covid.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually your first reply was not legit. I said "I wish this thread was not here." I also said it is liked by a number of people so although I don't like it overall I respect the right of others to have it. Why that gave you a reason to tell me how to do my business I have no clue. IMO that is trolling. Your post was not about politics but instead a negative comment. If you want to come talk politics then have at it anything else is trolling.
No, actually snowflakes are a serious political issue. You what i dont like, stapling my nuts to my thigh... guess what the logical solution is... i also cant stand putting my hand in fire... guess how i solved that problem?

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look people ,another warning coming out for new people . We. Don’t need to insult each other on this forum .

Say your viewpoint defend it fiercely if you will but leave the insults behind

I post a huge amount on this thread but truth be told I don’t like it .

I see posters here who used to post about redskins football topics who don’t anymore

I suspended the thread because of insults but brought it back because posters wanted it

Don’t make me reconsider my decision by insulting people .

Thank you in advance

Dad, have you ever deleted a thread on the Politics Thread because you realized your post had insults in it? I would think before you answer…because screen shots might tell a different story, and you know I’m all about the truth.

I’ve said it before, and I will say it again this is a sports forum. Losing one REDSKINS or WAS football poster on a SPORTS FORUM because of the divisive state of our politics today is one to many…yet, why do you continue to let it go on?

DELETE the politics forum and move back to talking Redskins football and leave all the Political HATE to other forums...there are plenty.

HTTR my brothers and sisters, it’s good to a Redskins fan!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gawd I love the ignore button. :10:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad, have you ever deleted a thread on the Politics Thread because you realized your post had insults in it? I would think before you answer…because screen shots might tell a different story, and you know I’m all about the truth.

I’ve said it before, and I will say it again this is a sports forum. Losing one REDSKINS or WAS football poster on a SPORTS FORUM because of the divisive state of our politics today is one to many…yet, why do you continue to let it go on?

DELETE the politics forum and move back to talking Redskins football and leave all the Political HATE to other forums...there are plenty.

HTTR my brothers and sisters, it’s good to a Redskins fan!

i have insulted people on this board in the past . a fact i freely admit .

i am 100% sure you could find some in this thread as well

and a thread i have started a while ago addressed it and my correction to it . so that issue is dead and new enforcement is in play

i dont care about your truth i dont care if you like or dont like how i run the board here

but you sure do fight real hard to keep posting here for someone who has all these issues about this forum

i will tell you that posters asked for this thread , i suspended it because of insults , and i reinstated it because people want it here and assured me they would tone it down

i tried to accommodate their wishes as long as its civil . so far it has with only a few times where i have had to even mention it

there are ,many posters here who vehemently disagree with my politics shark ebb sty and many more . none get their threads deleted or moderated because they dont insult or break the rules they are respectful . the ones who are not have troubles

i am not perfect , far from it , and i get pissed just like anyone else but i am the mod for now . there are others that i am in contact with

as is always the case you can post in this thread or you can decide it isnt your cup of tea . that choice is yours what isnt your choice is what threads i allow or dont

someone higher up could say " no dice dad " get rid of the thread" but i suspect that even if they scratch their heads about it they wont interfere as long as its kept in check

the idea for the thread came about when politics started getting interjected into regular threads . some posters wanted redskins football only and i agree with that , so the compromise was reached and here we are with this thread

it was voted on and the people who wanted the thread won out . your view lost . if you didnt voice your opinion through a vote then you got what you got

your opinion is duly noted

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I find your opinions of anyone other than white people to be arrogant, self serving and condescending. SO I guess we are even

My opinions of of people other than whites? My opinions of all groups of people is quite low. My opinions of individuals is all the same. We are all capable of good and evil.

You don’t like it when people talk about the issues within the black community, and put the blame on the black community for things they can improve upon for themselves because we think the black community is capable. It is funny that I can point out things within the black community that would improve the lives of those within it, but it is the white man’s fault some within the community don’t achieve it. Wouldn’t it actually be racist to believe black people cant achieve what white people achieve? Isn’t it racist to believe the only reason white people can achieve anything is privilege?

Let me ask this. If I were black, was raised by my parents, graduated HS, got my business degree, joined the military, went through and graduated flight school...do you think I would be where I am today?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well no, but nice strawman.

Btw our lovely president said he wanted to ban all muslims from entering the US...by your logic doesnt that mean he resents Muslims?

Again...not a straw man. I love it when people say strawman when it isn’t.

He likely does resent Muslims, but he wanted to ban them for a short period of time until we could vet them. It is actually reasonable because we should be vetting all who enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.