• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again when one doom and gloom prediction comes up give me a call

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe in protecting the planet , I don’t believe in the hoax called man made climate change . Big difference

I didn't say a word about climate change, although I could very easliy. We are talking about the Republucan position with regard to protecting the Earth.

As you say if the people you voted for have a position then you take on that position. And President Trump has cut environmental funding dramatically since taking office. Why do you hate our planet Dad? Think of the children, the children I say! It's kind of on us not to fuck up the planet for future generations. And it's pretty clear the GOP does not place a value on the environment like the Dems do.

Chesapeake Bay clean up is damned important. Why do you want that funding cut so dramatically? You say you are for protecting our planet but your vote says otherwise.

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS and I posted the original above when it first came out

Wait you are claiming the radical views of that AOC's original proposal, which has since been changed and the New Green Deal has clearly been explained and it does NOT mean no cars or trucks, you are sticking with your claim below:

Too bad none are going that route. Virtually all that have a shot have supported far left agenda items , free everything ( Medicare for all , free college ) AOC ‘ s new green enslavement deal in which you can’t have cars ,planes , any commerce and not work so you can be the state’s slave because your are totally dependent on govt

As you can see you stated that "virtually all" of the Dems have supported AOC's original plan for no cars and no commerce.

They didn't.

The end.

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note the Senate breaking with the President and not voting for the National Emergency to fund the wall is significant. This is not 1 or 2 rogue RINOs, this was 12 GOP members and you just know damned well there were many others who wanted to vote against it but didn't feel it was worth losing the support of their voters by crossing Trump.

So he will veto the vote, then it gets tied up in the courts for years. He best come to grips with the fact that this wall has zero chance of being started by 2020. After that it's all up to the Presidential election results. If he wins, well he's still got a battle on his hands. If he loses this ends the entire embarrassing idea that the majority of Americans clearly do not think is the solution.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On another note the Senate breaking with the President and not voting for the National Emergency to fund the wall is significant. This is not 1 or 2 rogue RINOs, this was 12 GOP members and you just know damned well there were many others who wanted to vote against it but didn't feel it was worth losing the support of their voters by crossing Trump.

So he will veto the vote, then it gets tied up in the courts for years. He best come to grips with the fact that this wall has zero chance of being started by 2020. After that it's all up to the Presidential election results. If he wins, well he's still got a battle on his hands. If he loses this ends the entire embarrassing idea that the majority of Americans clearly do not think is the solution.
Maybe the real story here is the 47 out of 47 democrats that voted against him. Is there a backbone among them? You talk about many others who "wanted" to vote against Trump but were afraid of losing their security blanket. I find it sad for our country that not one democrat votes outside it's comfort zone.... really ever.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The democrats thought it was the solution,, under Obama that is. Funny how every single mind changed over night. Politics at play... but what do I know,,, I guess that having puppets in office making decisions that affect our country is a good thing... I dunno.:ranger:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The democrats thought it was the solution,, under Obama that is. Funny how every single mind changed over night. Politics at play... but what do I know,,, I guess that having puppets in office making decisions that affect our country is a good thing... I dunno.:ranger:

Obama never proposed a 2,200 mile wall. As for your other post the Dems voting against this is hardly news or the story. They have made their position very clear. No the real story is the number of Republicans who broke with the President. Not sure why you have a problem admitting this as you continue to blame the Democrats when the story is the Republicans' and their lack of support for the President's stupid plan.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changing your original argument much? Now if you want me to play nice, I will, if not I'll just continue to smack your ass around with facts! Your choice!
Hey Sty, as I said in my original post abut betting... I find it all rather silly. Heres what would happen. I post an article that refutes what you said. You challenge that article and post your own,,, rinse repeat. Will just keep disagreeing and wasting each others time and let the world turn as it may. Peace.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obama never proposed a 2,200 mile wall. As for your other post the Dems voting against this is hardly news or the story. They have made their position very clear. No the real story is the number of Republicans who broke with the President. Not sure why you have a problem admitting this as you continue to blame the Democrats when the story is the Republicans' and their lack of support for the President's stupid plan.
Usually when a vote is unanimous on a vote that has many ramifications and on one side it means the voter is to scared of the BS he or she will have to endure so they cowardly vote with the party... it's just easier that way. Please, save your breath trying to convince me that they're aren't any puppets on the hill... just really smart people. Yea,, don't waste your time DGF.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually when a vote is unanimous on a vote that has many ramifications and on one side it means the voter is to scared of the BS he or she will have to endure so they cowardly vote with the party... it's just easier that way. Please, save your breath trying to convince me that they're aren't any puppets on the hill... just really smart people. Yea,, don't waste your time DGF.

12 GOP Senators broke from the President. As you said most often they vote along party lines but in this case 12 did not Not sure why you can't just admit that is significant but this appears to be the MO of the Trump folks. Can't admit a problem so you deflect.

Lather
Rinse
Repeat.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 GOP Senators broke from the President. As you said most often they vote along party lines but in this case 12 did not Not sure why you can't just admit that is significant but this appears to be the MO of the Trump folks. Can't admit a problem so you deflect.

Lather
Rinse
Repeat.

Lets be clear. The only reason they broke from the President is because they realize that to not challenge this President on a fabricated National Emergency, would give them no legs if a future President declared a national Emergency on Climate Change, or Gun Violence. This was political cover at its finest. Trump will veto it. It will then get challenged in court. But this was to preserve the ability to protest a future NED.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always find it odd that people who believe in God, think that mankind does not have the ability to damage the planet enough where mankind wont be able to survive on the planet.

I mean its not like Man has not been the deciding factor in making other species extinct on this planet.
If that's directed at me, I'm not arguing man can't do thins to improve the planet. I simply (as does half the scientific community) disagree with what you blindly believe to be that solution.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets be clear. The only reason they broke from the President is because they realize that to not challenge this President on a fabricated National Emergency, would give them no legs if a future President declared a national Emergency on Climate Change, or Gun Violence. This was political cover at its finest. Trump will veto it. It will then get challenged in court. But this was to preserve the ability to protest a future NED.
I agree with that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's directed at me, I'm not arguing man can't do thins to improve the planet. I simply (as does half the scientific community) disagree with what you blindly believe to be that solution.

It was a general statement.

But you know what they say.. a hit dog will holler.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a general statement.

But you know what they say.. a hit dog will holler.
No, I merely asked because Stymie and I were the only two discussing it when you seemingly posted it last night. I was addressing it in case it was directed at me, I didn't want it to appear I had no rebuttal.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait you are claiming the radical views of that AOC's original proposal, which has since been changed and the New Green Deal has clearly been explained and it does NOT mean no cars or trucks, you are sticking with your claim below:

As you can see you stated that "virtually all" of the Dems have supported AOC's original plan for no cars and no commerce.

They didn't.

The end.
all of them running did

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it already has been started ,

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other presidents have claimed national emergencies that werent national emergencies shark . i posted 8 obama did

Status
Not open for further replies.