• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if most media is owned and operated by conservatives (not true), the vast majority of media outlets are left leaning.

It might be constructive for you to do a bit of checking on your false charge here. I've proven it and it's not even close in terms of ownership. I've presented proof several times in this thread, but to be fair, if YOU have evidence that disproves my evidence, show it!

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be constructive for you to do a bit of checking on your false charge here. I've proven it and it's not even close in terms of ownership. I've presented proof several times in this thread, but to be fair, if YOU have evidence that disproves my evidence, show it!
Well, I am literally heading home so I can't at the moment, and to be fair Ive not looked at your "proof", and I suspect many you attribute to being conservative, aren't. That said, even if I conceded their owners were conservative, it doesn't change the fact that the media outlets themselves skew heavily left.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

But why are you asking me this? I never even implied that illegal immigrants shouldn't try to come here. This is the best country.

You called the illegal immigrants scum.

I asked you this to show you that YOU are either scum or illegal immigrants are people just like you. You just had the fortune to be born in the US.

Like I said, it isn’t the fault of the illegal immigrant, but the fault of the system that allows it. This doesn’t make the action of the illegal right, but it does make it human. The very statement of illegal makes the action wrong.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cable News Network (CNN) is an American news-based pay television channel owned by Turner Broadcasting System, a division of AT&T's WarnerMedia. CNN was founded in 1980 by American media proprietor Ted Turner as a 24-hour cable news channel. not conservative so add HLN to the pool

Comcast Chief Operating Officer Steve Burke will succeed Jeff Zuckeras the new CEO of NBC Universal later this year, when Comcast takes control of the broadcaster. Comcast Corp. and General Electric Co., which currently owns NBC, said Sunday that Burke will work with Zucker during the transition. both liberal

Robert Allen Iger ( / ˈ aɪ ɡ ər / ; born February 10, 1951) is an American media executive and businessman who is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of The Walt Disney Company . Before working for Disney, Iger served as the President of ABC Television from 1994–95, and as President/ COO of Capital Cities/ABC, Inc. from 1995 until Disney's acquisition of the company in 1996. another liberal

Joseph R. Ianniello is American media executive. He was named interim CEO of CBS Corporation upon the resignation of Les Moonves following allegations of sexual misconduct. another liberal Mark John Thompson (born 31 July 1957) is a British media executive who is the current Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of The New York Times Company. From 2004 to 2012, he served as Director-General of the BBC, and before that was the Chief Executive of Channel 4. In 2009 Thompson was ranked as the 65th most powerful person in the world by Forbes magazine. 1 Early life another liberal

Frederick J. Ryan Jr. is the publisher and chief executive officer of The Washington Post. He previously served as the president and COO of Allbritton Communications Company and founding CEO and president of Politico. He was the chief. another liberal

Mark Zuckerberg is co-founder and CEO of the social-networking website Facebook, as well as one of the world's youngest billionaires. Born on May 14, 1984, in White Plains, New York, Mark Zuckerberg co-founded the social-networking website Facebook out of his college dorm room.…

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colluding with a foreign government to illegally influence an election is a crime. It’s called treason. But there appears to be no evidence that this happened.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am literally heading home so I can't at the moment, and to be fair Ive not looked at your "proof", and I suspect many you attribute to being conservative, aren't. That said, even if I conceded their owners were conservative, it doesn't change the fact that the media outlets themselves skew heavily left.

Even if you were 100% correct, that still leaves the question open.

Why would a conservative businessman who owned and operated a news outlet that's considered part of the "MSM" allow his functionaries to skew his business in a manner that's contrary to his own beliefs/standards?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think GK thinks it’s ok, it just doesn’t fit his definition of treason. I disagree.

I think it is legal and has been done for decades. Would I like to see all foreign money taken out of politics? You better believe it. But if liberals are going to do it, Republicans should too. If we are going to do it to other countries, they should do it to us.

Of course I don’t think it fits treason because I showed you the definition. In what way is it treasonous?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You called the illegal immigrants scum.

I asked you this to show you that YOU are either scum or illegal immigrants are people just like you. You just had the fortune to be born in the US.

Like I said, it isn’t the fault of the illegal immigrant, but the fault of the system that allows it. This doesn’t make the action of the illegal right, but it does make it human. The very statement of illegal makes the action wrong.
Wow maybe don't act like such a douche bag. Considering the stone you threw I didn't know you were in a glass house.

I already said, to you, "Immigrants are people too. Even illegal ones."

That was before your little bullshit above too.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow maybe don't act like such a douche bag. Considering the stone you threw I didn't know you were in a glass house.

I already said, to you, "Immigrants are people too. Even illegal ones."

That was before your little bullshit above too.

What stone did I throw? I didn’t call you anything. I simply pointed out that you are either scum or human depending on how you define the words. Either way, you admitted to being no different than an illegal immigrant, with the exception of where you were born.

Is this logical thought too much for a PHI fan?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cable News Network (CNN) is an American news-based pay television channel owned by Turner Broadcasting System, a division of AT&T's WarnerMedia. CNN was founded in 1980 by American media proprietor Ted Turner as a 24-hour cable news channel. not conservative so add HLN to the pool

Comcast Chief Operating Officer Steve Burke will succeed Jeff Zuckeras the new CEO of NBC Universal later this year, when Comcast takes control of the broadcaster. Comcast Corp. and General Electric Co., which currently owns NBC, said Sunday that Burke will work with Zucker during the transition. both liberal

Robert Allen Iger ( / ˈ aɪ ɡ ər / ; born February 10, 1951) is an American media executive and businessman who is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of The Walt Disney Company . Before working for Disney, Iger served as the President of ABC Television from 1994–95, and as President/ COO of Capital Cities/ABC, Inc. from 1995 until Disney's acquisition of the company in 1996. another liberal

Joseph R. Ianniello is American media executive. He was named interim CEO of CBS Corporation upon the resignation of Les Moonves following allegations of sexual misconduct. another liberal Mark John Thompson (born 31 July 1957) is a British media executive who is the current Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of The New York Times Company. From 2004 to 2012, he served as Director-General of the BBC, and before that was the Chief Executive of Channel 4. In 2009 Thompson was ranked as the 65th most powerful person in the world by Forbes magazine. 1 Early life another liberal

Frederick J. Ryan Jr. is the publisher and chief executive officer of The Washington Post. He previously served as the president and COO of Allbritton Communications Company and founding CEO and president of Politico. He was the chief. another liberal

Mark Zuckerberg is co-founder and CEO of the social-networking website Facebook, as well as one of the world's youngest billionaires. Born on May 14, 1984, in White Plains, New York, Mark Zuckerberg co-founded the social-networking website Facebook out of his college dorm room.…

First off, Ted Turner has been out of the business for some time now. He's been long replaced by others and currently this guy.

Five Things You Didn't Know about John Stankey
upload_2019-3-4_19-49-45.jpeg
www.tvovermind.comEntertainment

here's are rest on your list that I could find. .

About Steve Burke (businessman) | Biography ...
| UpClosedsteve-burke-1

Fred Ryan - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Ryan

Mark Zuckerberg’s Religion and Political Views | The ...
https://hollowverse.com/mark-zuckerberg

The one that I'll give you is CBS and that's headed by Summer Redstone a life long Democrat.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if most media is owned and operated by conservatives (not true), the vast majority of media outlets are left leaning.

Oh yeah, maybe it just appears that way because you don't agree with their perspective.

It is entirely likely that the split in the country has moved a lot of folks away from the political center and into wings of one party or the other. However, the good news is, more and more people are choosing to become what I have been since the late 70's...Independent! In fact, we are the largest voting block in the country. 43% of us are now independents and growing! The two party system has been broken since forever and it's good to know that more fair minded people are abandoning both of their houses.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Ted Turner has been out of the business for some time now. He's been long replaced by others and currently this guy.

View attachment 199613

| UpClosedsteve-burke-1

Fred Ryan - Wikipedia

The one that I'll give you is CBS and that's headed by Summer Redstone a life long Democrat.
you will have to get better sources then that . fact is the MSM is a left wing propaganda arm of the democratic party as numerous posts have shown

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, maybe it just appears that way because you don't agree with their perspective.

It is entirely likely that the split in the country has moved a lot of folks away from the political center and into wings of one party or the other. However, the good news is, more and more people are choosing to become what I have been since the late 70's...Independent! In fact, we are the largest voting block in the country. 43% of us are now independents and growing! The two party system has been broken since forever and it's good to know that more fair minded people are abandoning both of their houses.
I agree entirely with your second paragraph.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 199613

| UpClosedsteve-burke-1

Fred Ryan - Wikipedia

Facebook Facebook Inc: Total Contributions | OpenSecrets

Zuckerberg OpenSecrets

Disney Walt Disney Co: All Recipients | OpenSecrets

Time Warner. Time Warner: Total Contributions | OpenSecrets

Comcast Comcast Corp: Summary | OpenSecrets

Even FOX News Corp: Total Contributions | OpenSecrets

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you will have to get better sources then that . fact is the MSM is a left wing propaganda arm of the democratic party as numerous posts have shown

These are the names that you supplied in a previous response.

What??? you didn't think that I would look them up? Now again to be fair (my new thing in this thread) if you have sources that say that they aren't what I've posted, fire away!

MSM = Main Stream Media, correct? Doesn't that include Fox and Rupert Murdoch? Interesting that few mention this guy and all of his BS!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the names that you supplied in a previous response.

What??? you didn't think that I would look them up? Now again to be fair (my new thing in this thread) if you have sources that say that they aren't what I've posted, fire away!

MSM = Main Stream Media, correct? Doesn't that include Fox and Rupert Murdoch? Interesting that few mention this guy and all of his BS!

Funny...I just posted the actual donations of these corporations.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting, but remember, I've been saying all along that there's a game being played on the masses. "Playing both sides against the middle" is as old as the hills. I know that I'm an old dude, but every year there's another group of 18 year old's coming onto the voting rolls. As long as that game can be played effectively, it most assuredly will be played.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, but remember, I've been saying all along that there's a game being played on the masses. "Playing both sides against the middle" is as old as the hills. I know that I'm an old dude, but every year there's another group of 18 year old's coming onto the voting rolls. As long as that game can be played effectively, it most assuredly will be played.

Yep...and that is why teacher’s unions get the full backing of the Democratic Party, liberalism dominates the school system, and democratic politicians bribe the school systems with tax payer money. THis gets to the next wave of voters and fills their heads with foolish ideas.

Media throws money to liberal politicians and liberal politicians continue to funnel tax payer money back to the media. The media has control over celebrities and they promote liberalism because it isn’t in 5eir best interest. Notice, these celebrities always talk about taking from the rich but don’t give up a great deal of their money.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We must not accept endless legal investigations as a tactic of political opposition

It is unethical and abusive. Real people will lose their life savings just trying to comply. All of this is done under the color of law, but it’s politics.

And it deeply undermines our system.

Remember the tactics you support here against Trump can and will be used against people you like

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We must not accept endless legal investigations as a tactic of political opposition

It is unethical and abusive. Real people will lose their life savings just trying to comply. All of this is done under the color of law, but it’s politics.

And it deeply undermines our system.

Remember the tactics you support here against Trump can and will be used against people you like

There were a little over 1200 subpoenas issued against the Clinton administration (Benghazi) and by comparison a mere 80 thus far against the Trump administration. I agree with your admonition, hindsight is a bitch, isn't it?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.