• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Thread

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch the Chargers @ Jags game? I'd call it a tale of two different jag teams (both offense and defense) more than a chargers collapse, other than the 1 missed field goal.

The horrible post game interview stood out to me as much as the on field play.

Paraphrased

Question to Lawrence: "How were you able to pull this off" - Answer "We believed in each other when everyone counted us out. We're always counted out and we love it." - Nobody counted them out until they were down by 27 at half - because they were down 27 at half. Me? I counted them back in when they easily score their first touchdown".

Follow up to Lawrence: "What is it that allows you to believe in each other?" - Seriously? That's a legitimate question? I won't dignify the question with the lame ass response given.

Question to Etienne: "What role did you play in that final drive"? Initial answer: "My role was running back" - thanks for such insight. Then "I knew I needed to make a play for my team (implying he had specific focus on the game winning run)". Dude, the coach called a masterful play and all you needed to do was execute it. Any lineman could have execute that run, any. I agree he did a great job getting a few extra yards and staying inbounds, but it was the play call and he should have said that.

I'm not taking away from the play by both players and the quality of the questions definitely contributed to the answer. But what role did you play answered with "Running Back" is a total Bobby Bouche moment.

In retrospect, the comedic value of the interview was almost more the highlight of the night than the great game itself.
Going for that 2pt conversion was a great call. Crazy but a great call that paid off. No way BB ever goes for that.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pats won their 1st SB due to a gutsy call by BB but i guess u dont remember that:suds:

You can add letting the clock run against the Seahawks when it sure seemed like they were going to score to the list of gutsy calls.

Everybody in the world was screaming to take a timeout while Bill did Bill things.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can add letting the clock run against the Seahawks when it sure seemed like they were going to score to the list of gutsy calls.

Everybody in the world was screaming to take a timeout while Bill did Bill things.
You'd think BB would get more benefit of everyone's doubts, even when making obvious mistakes. Even @sonnyblack65 can't give TB12 credit for allowing the clock to run down forcing Pete to make THE call BB was waiting for...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd think BB would get more benefit of everyone's doubts, even when making obvious mistakes. Even @sonnyblack65 can't give TB12 credit for allowing the clock to run down forcing Pete to make THE call BB was waiting for...
Had that play not worked out the way it did, Bill would still be getting crucified today similiar to Carroll for making that call.

You win some you lose some.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had that play not worked out the way it did, Bill would still be getting crucified today similiar to Carroll for making that call.

You win some you lose some.
THAT was not a "win some, lose some" call. It was not a coin flip decision. It was someone well prepared who calculated the situation and forced the opposition into making a call. The interception was lucky but the real plan was to force the 'hawks into one running play to win the game instead of two.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was laying flooring this weekend, but hats off to the Phins, Rookiie third string QB, starting RB out, and from what I heard Hill and Waddle had key drops in the Red Zone that could have made the difference

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs get interesting.

Giants v Eagles - Two of the league's oldest rivals
Cowboys v 49ers - Did Dak blow his load last night?

Jags v Chiefs - You know that the Chiefs are confident, Too confident?
Bengals v Bills - Shouldn't THIS game be played on a neutral field??

All joking aside, it appears that the 49ers and Eagles will play for the NFC Championship and the
Bills or Bengals and Chiefs will be playing for the AFC Championship in Atlanta.

Can the Giants upset the Eagles? If Hurts is on the sideline, YES!
Can the Cowboys beat the 49ers. NO!
Can the Jags beat the Chiefs? Only if Mahomes comes down with Covid. NO!
Can the Bengals beat the Bills? They were on the way when Hamlin dropped. YES

Bills are the most vulnerable. If Tua had been playing against the Bills this past Saturday, the Dolphins would be playing the Chiefs this weekend and the Jags would be playing the Bengals. Allen did not look like an All-Pro under the Dolphins pressure.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoffs get interesting.

Giants v Eagles - Two of the league's oldest rivals
Cowboys v 49ers - Did Dak blow his load last night?

Jags v Chiefs - You know that the Chiefs are confident, Too confident?
Bengals v Bills - Shouldn't THIS game be played on a neutral field??

All joking aside, it appears that the 49ers and Eagles will play for the NFC Championship and the
Bills or Bengals and Chiefs will be playing for the AFC Championship in Atlanta.

Can the Giants upset the Eagles? If Hurts is on the sideline, YES!
Can the Cowboys beat the 49ers. NO!
Can the Jags beat the Chiefs? Only if Mahomes comes down with Covid. NO!
Can the Bengals beat the Bills? They were on the way when Hamlin dropped. YES

Bills are the most vulnerable. If Tua had been playing against the Bills this past Saturday, the Dolphins would be playing the Chiefs this weekend and the Jags would be playing the Bengals. Allen did not look like an All-Pro under the Dolphins pressure.
Advancing IMO...

Giants: Eagles have picked the wrong time of the year to taper off.

9ers Mr, Irrelevant makes himself more relevant.

Chiefs: Sorry no real playoof ext in Jville really hostile enviroment KC just to good.

Bengals: The Phins took the Bills to the brink with a decimated team

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pats won their 1st SB due to a gutsy call by BB but i guess u dont remember that:suds:
Bill has had many gutsy calls.
The only ones remembered are the ones that fail. 4th and 1 anyone?
Faulk caught the ball on one side of the 1st down marker but as he was coming back for the ball he crossed back over and was then tackled. No 1st down.
Bill was roasted for MONTHS if not years for calling such a blunder.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill has had many gutsy calls.
Faulk caught the ball on one side of the 1st down marker but as he was coming back for the ball he crossed back over and was then tackled. No 1st down.
Bill was roasted for MONTHS if not years for calling such a blunder.

You could roast his balls over a Bunsen burner and he'd never feel it.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was laying flooring this weekend, but hats off to the Phins, Rookiie third string QB, starting RB out, and from what I heard Hill and Waddle had key drops in the Red Zone that could have made the difference

Not sure why I was rooting for the Fins but I was. Their star receivers and coach let that rookie down big time is how I see it. Instead of stepping up and helping the kid out they completely folded. Fucking terrible.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was never mad about that play. Sure, I wish we won but based on how the defense was getting scorched in that game it was inevitable that Manning was going to score again so why not try and ice the game?

I thought the play call was good and we just didn't get it done against a great team.

From what I recall the media was crying that Bill didn't have any confidence in the defense to just punt. I was wondering if they were watching the same game as me in which Manning was killing us.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never mad about that play. Sure, I wish we won but based on how the defense was getting scorched in that game it was inevitable that Manning was going to score again so why not try and ice the game?

I thought the play call was good and we just didn't get it done against a great team.

From what I recall the media was crying that Bill didn't have any confidence in the defense to just punt. I was wondering if they were watching the same game as me in which Manning was killing us.
I felt it was a legitimate "we made the call based on what we thought was best for the team in that situation". He uses that phrase in some variant all the time, but it's 100% accurate here.