• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Thread

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread open to all things playoff related. Once this is closed I will post off season entertainment threads 1 and 2 .

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say but things look pretty one sided this weekend. Tua and Lamar are out. Bills and Bengals look pretty strong. The Jags have been tough but the Chargers have all their pieces together for the first time in a while.

A divisional weekend of Bengals @ Bills and Chargers @ Chiefs Would be worth setting up the projector.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami starting RB has broken thumb that has to be tough to carry the ball. Also pulling for Jax

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too I would like to see the Bills win the SB if we cannot. That'll be a tough grind though
I'd like to see Buffalo players pricing themselves off the team and Buffalo picking at #32 to replace them!
We pick before Miami already so watching them lose is always fun!

Chragers gonna Charger!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree but that’s cool. The Dolphins beating the preseason darlings with their 3rd string rookie QB would be epic.

I’m pulling for the Bengals.
Rooting for Bengals to go to the SB.
Second choice would be the Bills.
Third...Chargers?
It ends there.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too I would like to see the Bills win the SB if we cannot. That'll be a tough grind though
I have no issues with the Bills winning it all, though I'd prefer Chargers or Jags. Minnesota wouldn't be the worst either.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Bucs
Go Jags

A Florida Super Bowl would bring the end to the NFL as we know it. No favorites, No media lovers. Mass vomiting.

Mass suicides in Buffalo as the Mafia disbands. Extinction of the football species in Kansas City as the believers become agnostics.

TB12 going for ring #8

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Bucs
Go Jags

A Florida Super Bowl would bring the end to the NFL as we know it. No favorites, No media lovers. Mass vomiting.

Mass suicides in Buffalo as the Mafia disbands. Extinction of the football species in Kansas City as the believers become agnostics.

TB12 going for ring #8
not following... Why would in state non-rivals cause any of that? How about a chargers '9ers SB? Same effect?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch the Chargers @ Jags game? I'd call it a tale of two different jag teams (both offense and defense) more than a chargers collapse, other than the 1 missed field goal.

The horrible post game interview stood out to me as much as the on field play.

Paraphrased

Question to Lawrence: "How were you able to pull this off" - Answer "We believed in each other when everyone counted us out. We're always counted out and we love it." - Nobody counted them out until they were down by 27 at half - because they were down 27 at half. Me? I counted them back in when they easily score their first touchdown".

Follow up to Lawrence: "What is it that allows you to believe in each other?" - Seriously? That's a legitimate question? I won't dignify the question with the lame ass response given.

Question to Etienne: "What role did you play in that final drive"? Initial answer: "My role was running back" - thanks for such insight. Then "I knew I needed to make a play for my team (implying he had specific focus on the game winning run)". Dude, the coach called a masterful play and all you needed to do was execute it. Any lineman could have execute that run, any. I agree he did a great job getting a few extra yards and staying inbounds, but it was the play call and he should have said that.

I'm not taking away from the play by both players and the quality of the questions definitely contributed to the answer. But what role did you play answered with "Running Back" is a total Bobby Bouche moment.

In retrospect, the comedic value of the interview was almost more the highlight of the night than the great game itself.