• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Play-In Tournament

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are an idiot. In the 7-8 game, if you win, you are in. In the 9-10 game, if you lose you are out. The loser of the 7-8 game gets one more chance to make it by playing against the winner of the 9-10 game. This isnt rocket science. It makes every single game matter. How can you not get this?
Game one for the 7-8 teams has no meaning at all. They just need to win game two to get in the playoffs. I’m surprised such a simple concept eludes you. Then again, many of your past posts have shown you to be a simpleton so I guess it’s not to surprising

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That isn’t meaningless man.

You lose and put yourself in a 1 game elimination setting.

That is like saying game 6 of a playoff series is meaningless to the team that is up 3-2.

And in most cases, most seasons, the 7 isn’t going to be far superior to the 8.
Good lord man. No wonder you can’t grasp the concept. I never said anything about 7 being a better team than 8. I said 7 or 8 is going to play a far superior team in the playoffs. They’ll play 1 or 2 in a series and won’t win

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game one for the 7-8 teams has no meaning at all. They just need to win game two to get in the playoffs. I’m surprised such a simple concept eludes you. Then again, many of your past posts have shown you to be a simpleton so I guess it’s not to surprising
Yes it does. If you win that game you are in and you dont even have to play the do or die game. How is this so hard for you to comprehend?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 7 or 8 seed needs one win in two games then your prescribed strategy is nothing short of short bus level retarded. The advantage is that you need one win in two games. You’re willingly giving up the built in advantage by lobbying to not even compete in the first of two games.

But also, how are you an NBA fan when it’s clear on the PF that you low key hate black people?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 7 or 8 seed needs one win in two games then your prescribed strategy is nothing short of short bus level retarded. The advantage is that you need one win in two games. You’re willingly giving up the built in advantage by lobbying to not even compete in the first of two games.

But also, how are you an NBA fan when it’s clear on the PF that you low key hate black people?
You just now learning Monty's a bigot? He still says Patrick Mahomes is a white kid ignoring the fact that his father is black...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just now learning Monty's a bigot? He still says Patrick Mahomes is a white kid ignoring the fact that his father is black...
Nah, I’ve been on the Hoop for about a year and it was pretty evident from the jump. I mean whatever. Society has gotten better at dismissing guys like that and writing them off. I’m just wondering why a guy who thinks that way would invest time in following a sport with so many black people. Maybe it’s a weird application of a new slavery like these people are like gladiators in an arena designed to entertain me sort of thing.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I’ve been on the Hoop for about a year and it was pretty evident from the jump. I mean whatever. Society has gotten better at dismissing guys like that and writing them off. I’m just wondering why a guy who thinks that way would invest time in following a sport with so many black people. Maybe it’s a weird application of a new slavery like these people are like gladiators in an arena designed to entertain me sort of thing.
I remember a reaction I got from a guy who was definitely a racist when he found out my wife was white. "we owned you so these days you're trying to own us". One of the most ass backwards things I've ever heard in my life. Only our PF on these boards is funnier...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember a reaction I got from a guy who was definitely a racist when he found out my wife was white. "we owned you so these days you're trying to own us". One of the most ass backwards things I've ever heard in my life. Only our PF on these boards is funnier...
Pretty shitty that you’ve gotta hear shit like that in a venue where people are just talking ball.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the above and just knew I would be named...

I’m raising the rent for the space I own in your head.

You really can't tell when someone is making fun of you. That's funny.

An NFL offensive lineman and a MLB pitcher train the same right?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really can't tell when someone is making fun of you. That's funny.

An NFL offensive lineman and a MLB pitcher train the same right
And how exactly are you making fun of me?

let’s see, what there is to make fun of?

beautiful family, great location, travel ...

Hysterical... you kill me shamu

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's the opposite. If the 7 or 8 seed ever had any chance it would be unfair to make them play in. But since they don't, who cares which of the 7-10 seeds make it? It's just more fun and doesn't affect the outcome.

The playoffs are the real NBA season anyway, the more the merrier! Also, everything is a money grab, they ain't running a charity

Why not just have a 58 game regular season (home and away against everyone) then have a 30 team tourney? Top 2 teams get a bye for the first round. Obviously it wouldn't be single elimination like the title below says, just using the bracket. Seeding would be regardless of conference, since the schedules are balanced.

30-Team-Single-Seeded.gif

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just have a 58 game regular season (home and away against everyone) then have a 30 team tourney? Top 2 teams get a bye for the first round. Obviously it wouldn't be single elimination like the title below says, just using the bracket. Seeding would be regardless of conference, since the schedules are balanced.

This is one of those clever ideas that can never happen

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,896.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to this game on Wednesday.....and tonight but mainly Wednesday.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,896.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a 72 game play in tournament, didn't go well...
LOL.

Maybe you're not aware they planned on losing this season.....that's what they are relegated to now that James has left again.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiz vs Celtics
Hornets vs Pacers

Warriors vs Lakers
Spurs vs Grizz

Winners in Bold.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because some teams just don’t deserve an opportunity at the playoffs.