• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Play-In Tournament

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not, he hasn't played in years :eek:

Seriously, though, who knows how much he can get back to his peak form. 2 major injuries and 2 seasons away. When he returns, he will not have played an NBA game in 2.5 years (maybe more depending when he actually comes back).

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much the plan though. Get him back, hope Wiseman develops or they trade him and the pick for something. Either way Draymond will not have nearly the burden to score next year.

I hope there was a way to speed up Wiseman's development, but I just read that his injury is going to make him miss summer league. Bigs usually take a while to develop, and unfortunately, Wiseman has had a lot of things get in the way.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope there was a way to speed up Wiseman's development, but I just read that his injury is going to make him miss summer league. Bigs usually take a while to develop, and unfortunately, Wiseman has had a lot of things get in the way.
Might be better off trading him, maximize Curry's window

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, though, who knows how much he can get back to his peak form. 2 major injuries and 2 seasons away. When he returns, he will not have played an NBA game in 2.5 years (maybe more depending when he actually comes back).
John Wall was fine

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty much the plan though. Get him back, hope Wiseman develops or they trade him and the pick for something. Either way Draymond will not have nearly the burden to score next year.

Klay will be fine and play his usual minutes.

If Draymond can somehow be somewhat efficient at the open 3, that could go a long way. Teams are going to give him that all day. We've seen a lot of bigs add that to their game in recent years. Why can't Draymond? He actually used to shoot the 3 pretty well some years ago, and he's a pretty good FT shooter, so maybe there is some hope.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Draymond can somehow be somewhat efficient at the open 3, that could go a long way. Teams are going to give him that all day. We've seen a lot of bigs add that to their game in recent years. Why can't Draymond? He actually used to shoot the 3 pretty well some years ago, and he's a pretty good FT shooter, so maybe there is some hope.
Indeed he needs to work on that

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Wall was fine

Was he though? He certainly didn't help the Rockets win, only managed 40 games out of 72 and finished the season out with a hamstring injury. His PER was 15.46, averaged 20 pts on a career low 40% shooting with a career low 7 assists and a career low 3.2 rebounds per game.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he though? He certainly didn't help the Rockets win, only managed 40 games out of 72 and finished the season out with a hamstring injury. His PER was 15.46, averaged 20 pts on a career low 40% shooting with a career low 7 assists and a career low 3.2 rebounds per game.
Uh.....oops?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh.....oops?

Klay should be able to fair at least somewhat better than Wall because his game was never about speed and athleticism like John Wall. Klay is more "catch and shoot" than "playmaking". So, for the most part, he should be fine offensively.

For him, I think any real issues are more likely to be on defense than offense.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams can double and triple Steph all day because they know that his co-star, Draymond, is not much of a threat to score. It would've been nice to give a different look on that last play.

And yet, even with Draymond not as a threat to score, the Warrior offense is still better with him out there.

So they aren’t going to ever bench him in that situation.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard some discussion on the radio about what is supposedly being discussed. The tournament would have 10 teams. Each team would be put in a pod of 3 teams that would all play a home and home in the first half of the season. The winner of each pod would make the tourney. Each man on the winning team would get $1M. I don’t see how this does anything to help with tanking, all it does is make sure teams try for those 4 games. Word is the league is looking at a variety of things to fix tanking, including doing away with the weighted lottery.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the mid season tourney obviously

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard some discussion on the radio about what is supposedly being discussed. The tournament would have 10 teams. Each team would be put in a pod of 3 teams that would all play a home and home in the first half of the season. The winner of each pod would make the tourney. Each man on the winning team would get $1M. I don’t see how this does anything to help with tanking, all it does is make sure teams try for those 4 games. Word is the league is looking at a variety of things to fix tanking, including doing away with the weighted lottery.

They aren't going to stop tanking, ever. But they can limit it. The play-in tourney looks like one of the ways they can do that. We had some teams this year who would normally have been tanking, but didn't and imo, it was because of the play-in.

They can also start sanctioning teams who obviously tank for more than a couple of seasons. Maybe freeze or make them lower their ticket prices in years they tank?

They should just go back to a "worst to first" draft and accept that some teams will tank. NFL teams tank, MLB teams tank, but only the NBA seems to be all that concerned with it.

To me, tanking is between a team and it's fans. If the fans are on board and not complaining, then I don't see why the league should be bothered with it.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't going to stop tanking, ever. But they can limit it. The play-in tourney looks like one of the ways they can do that. We had some teams this year who would normally have been tanking, but didn't and imo, it was because of the play-in.

They can also start sanctioning teams who obviously tank for more than a couple of seasons. Maybe freeze or make them lower their ticket prices in years they tank?

They should just go back to a "worst to first" draft and accept that some teams will tank. NFL teams tank, MLB teams tank, but only the NBA seems to be all that concerned with it.

To me, tanking is between a team and it's fans. If the fans are on board and not complaining, then I don't see why the league should be bothered with it.
I can see that side of it, but the league is going to continue to try to keep the stars from sitting when they could play. And they should in my opinion.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that side of it, but the league is going to continue to try to keep the stars from sitting when they could play. And they should in my opinion.

I see tanking and sitting stars as 2 separate issues. Generally speaking, if a team is tanking it's because they don't have any stars and are trying to get one. You might have the occasional situation like when the Spurs got Tim Duncan or the Warriors getting Wiseman because they had a star (or multiple stars) out with a season ending injury. But those aren't really tanking, imo.