• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Plan " B" at qb

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sounding like a fanboy. Heh. OK. Was I the one who brought Cousins into the discussion in the first place? I don't think so, but If I did my bad cuz I knew what it would lead to. Posters waxing poetically about Kirk and different versions of history bullshit. I've posted my thoughts on Kirk already.

And yes you did give stats on W/L records over the last 3 years. Which were Watson's 2nd, 3rd n 4th year in the league and Cuz's 7th, 8th n 9th year in the league. I simply went with a comparison that started when both were rookies n went season to season in that way. You say the last 3 seasons from both Cuz n Watson are pretty equal. I can't disagree and I didn't argue against it. I did say I still think Watson's a better QB than Cousins which is the consensus opinion everywhere else except in this forum apparently. Trekking their careers from the time both were rookies up to their fourth year cuz that's as long as Watson's been in the league greatly supports that argument. That's all I was doing to which you called me a fuckin fanboy eh. I guess this argument's been decided.

And speaking of Kirk. He's lit it up so much the last 3 years. That the team that paid him a record setting completely guaranteed 80 something million dollar contract just 3 years ago. Might be ready to move on from him. Possibly so they can what? Obtain Deshaun Watson. And why would they do that. Because Watson is a better QB than Cousins is the first thing that comes to mind.

The article speculates that the 49'ers would give a 1st for Cousins, that way, the Vikings could package their #1's for a Watson deal. Only Kyle would be dumb enough to use a 1st on Cousins at this point in his career. That ship has sailed. To the point you two are discussing, I've broached the subject a couple of times with the nut hugging Cousins fans left over. Watson, going in year 5 is hands down better than Cousins. If you gave every OWNER in the league a choice to start their respective teams again (reset) all choose Watson over Cousins 32 out of 32 times. I liked Cousins while he was still here, now he is gone.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article speculates that the 49'ers would give a 1st for Cousins, that way, the Vikings could package their #1's for a Watson deal. Only Kyle would be dumb enough to use a 1st on Cousins at this point in his career. That ship has sailed. To the point you two are discussing, I've broached the subject a couple of times with the nut hugging Cousins fans left over. Watson, going in year 5 is hands down better than Cousins. If you gave every OWNER in the league a choice to start their respective teams again (reset) all choose Watson over Cousins 32 out of 32 times. I liked Cousins while he was still here, now he is gone.

Would they choose Watson and two or three first rounder, 2 more second rounders, and two defensive starters....nope

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would they choose Watson and two or three first rounder, 2 more second rounders, and two defensive starters....nope
nope and neither will any other team. Watson is going nowhere with those demands and may go nowhere anyway.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're in the draft Justin Fields cuz it won't cost us any defensive players clique now eh.

Alrighty than.
breed i guess you can gut the defense and kick in 3 picks to get watson. and he will lead us to 8-8 because when the dust settles we will be houston talent wise .

that being said i wouldnt like trading up for fields either . if we draft a qb i say let him fall to us whomever that might be

if you can say without hesitation that watson puts us in a superbowl next season then do it . but i will ridcule that trade till the end of time if he doesnt in 2021 . we arent a watson away from a superbowl

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The odds on Watson are long, but we are an NFC team and we could put together two good defensive starters. Watson still has that no trade clause though.
we arent getting watson

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit it, I'm intrigued. At the very least it allows us to go big in free agency because he'll cost next to nothing.

We keep all our picks.

However, I wouldn't be shocked at all if Heinicke beat him out in camp.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope and neither will any other team. Watson is going nowhere with those demands and may go nowhere anyway.
GK, play GM for a minute...you just resigned Watson last year and he is a top 5 QB, are you letting him go for any reason?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit it, I'm intrigued. At the very least it allows us to go big in free agency because he'll cost next to nothing.

We keep all our picks.

However, I wouldn't be shocked at all if Heinicke beat him out in camp.
"If" this happens (signing Cam) I would be super disapointed however, he can be had w/o giving up picks and players and may the best man win. (Allen, Heiny and Cam). With that said, we better draft a QB at 19 if one of the top 3 QB's are still there.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe that Mcnabb was a FA when we acquired him. However, the big difference between the others and watson is that we didn't lose any draft or personnel capital in signing them. Watson will cost us half a team.
Close but the biggest difference was that each of the others were already well past their primes. Watson is 25 and ascending.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close but the biggest difference was that each of the others were already well past their primes. Watson is 25 and ascending.
this is all fine and dandy but we arent putting together a package to acquire watson . we dont have the resources to beat out other teams

they are supposedly giving up a franchise qb age 25 and they will want something for that . so my price starts at 4 1st rounders young and sweat . you can trot out allen , payne ionman all you want and i am going to say "tua and 2 first rounders dolphins ?

sorry but WFT should be picking towards the end of the 1st round every year when watson leads us to 4 superbowls with 7 win talent and the dolphins are giving 2 top ten picks place another draft pick

the lions have 5 number ones in the next 3 years ,

no matter how many times you think you can get something for nothing it wont work

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope trading for watson is stupid and when a another team gets him that team will not succeed because in there off season they can not get what they need they are stuck. Best way find a qb that can give you 24 points.. How many times has greenbay failed because they just needed more peieces and there FO failed Rogers is probaly the best qb in the nfl besides brady .. if you get watson we will always have peices not filled for 2 years then by then who knows . I dont understand how people think we are close wow there is Major issues with Watson that i dont want bring up but i will say it he is turning into a kapernick i said it styime is that what you are fishing for?????
The NFL is a balancing act when it comes to rosters because there's a salary cap. Without it organizations would simply buy all star teams but as currently structured the higher valued positions must be manned by talent that has championship level skillsets. This means that you are always going to have holes (pieces) unfilled by same level talent.

As for the rest of your rant, seek help!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GK, play GM for a minute...you just resigned Watson last year and he is a top 5 QB, are you letting him go for any reason?

Absolutely. If Jax comes to me and say they will give us #1, a first in 2022 and 2023, and a 2nd In 2021 and 2023.

If the Jets come with both firsts, their top 2nd, and a first in 2022 and 2023.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is all fine and dandy but we arent putting together a package to acquire watson . we dont have the resources to beat out other teams

they are supposedly giving up a franchise qb age 25 and they will want something for that . so my price starts at 4 1st rounders young and sweat . you can trot out allen , payne ionman all you want and i am going to say "tua and 2 first rounders dolphins ?

sorry but WFT should be picking towards the end of the 1st round every year when watson leads us to 4 superbowls with 7 win talent and the dolphins are giving 2 top ten picks place another draft pick

no matter how many times you think you can get something for nothing it wont work
All well and dandy, but please listen to your head coach who as recently as today said that there's nothing off the table when it comes to the QB position. Beyond that there's a new report that tells us that in addition to the draft picks offered to the Lions, they also offered a starting defensive player for Stafford. You may not believe it but I don't put anything past this organization when it comes to goi ng after and getting the player that they've targeted.

Beyond that do you really think that my offer is getting something for nothing??

First this year and next

3rd in 2022, and 2023

Matt Ioannidis and/or Daron Payne (They had the worse run stopping defense )

( If I have to sweeten the pot then our 3rd in 2021 in exchange for their 4th, we have an extra 3rd this year, SF)

Last edited:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A: We have the resources to obtain Watson.
A: You are saying Tua plus 2 first rounders will be in demand over say, Allen, one of our 3rd's this year and 2 first rounders? (2021-2022)
A: Pure speculation. Watson could lead the WFT to 10 wins each year, you don't know that. Picks in rds 2-7 over 2 seasons will dictate that & FA.
A: Good for Lions, they also have Goff and his contract, lol. The Rams had a shit ton of picks too, what did that get them besides Fischer fired.
A; The ol addage, nothing in life comes free. There are creative ways however, to get something for free if you really work hard at it. Watson is not one of them though.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in think we should all go back to the debate on whether making the playoffs with less then 9 wins would do .

i said point blank it would fuel unrealistic expectations of a losing team and fans thinking we are better then we are . how stupid is the "win now " mode ? how many more times do i have to see snyder ruin a good building process because we have to win NOW . fuck 7 wins ? every time it has been employed under snyder it has failed

as i said about the time we started allen that it would be better for us to have a top ten pick then win the division this last season because we need a qb and we would be out of range of the good ones . and i predicted have much moaning and groaning would go on because of it .

now we are ready to gut the defense and 2-3 drafts to get the franchise qb we all need , who can elevate mediocre talent (excluding last seasons 4 win debacle because his talent was below that to some but he couldnt make them even mediocre )

how do we beat an offer from the dolphins ? or the jets ? hell even the lions ? it would cost us more picks and more players and tossing out ionmans and collins and allens (last year of contract ) arent going to do it . to outbid the other teams we have only future 1st's to offer and future 2nds to offer . you will have to part with chase or sweat or both

all that for a guy who is statistically KC with better legs ( other then the 2 torn acls )

and lets not forget that every year the newest and greatest qbs enter the draft in the must have bonanza . arch manning is 3 years away

you all werent happy with KC putting up points and having a defense that couldnt stop anyone but now we will be happy with watson doing the same ?

maybe , just maybe , we should package some picks and see if we can get wilson or fields maybe the falcons will take a package that costs less the watson (plan C )

to me getting watson means you are going to win super bowls for the next few years . robinson and golladay (injured ) will cost money . and how do we pay for MAC ?
There are normally 7 rounds of draft selections, trading one or two per season is absolutely NOT gutting your draft. I wish that people would stop saying this, it's absolute nonsense!

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i can see it now .. RR comes out and says we are not interested in getting a Legit QB .. Media would have a Hay day at least put i bid out then lose and say oh well we got out bidded

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we arent getting watson
I'm thinking even if some how, some way Watson finds his way to the WFT, you would absolutely hate the trade, trash it each week until the season ended even if we lost in say the NFC Championship game next year say the trade was a complete failure, just because. :noidea:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also the texans are under no obligation to trade him . he is under contract and i seriously doubt anything happens until TC when he doesnt show up .

to be honest the team with the best chance and a team ready to take the next step ( which we arent ) is the dolphins

if they offered Tua , and their 2 first rounders to houston , houston would snatch that up in a heart beat and the dolphins would as well

the dolphins are a 10 win team . with watson they and the bills will fight it out and both can make the AFC title game and compete with the chiefs . thats the type of team and the time you make that trade to get watson .

not at 7 wins and having to gut your team and future to get him and then you get capped out and have no draft picks much like the texans are now . that tunsil trade was their big error because they got into WIN NOW MODE and they made mistakes

what does all in for watson really mean ? if i say we will give you our entire 2021 and 22 drafts plus allen ionman young and sweat , is that "all in " ? all in is a BS term
You absolutely do not trade to a direct competitor. YOU said it best Miami and Buffalo "will be fighting it out," where exactly does that leave Houston?

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is gutting the draft damn we would not even have Payne Allen Young Sweat Shreff first Rd is important