• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Plan " B" at qb

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans were a very shitty team. The Skins aren't as shitty of a team. What are you talking about, gut the defense. Who's gutting the defense?
what was the defensive rank before chase young showed up ? i have heard he would have to be included . now allen's name has been talked about as well as ionman losing sweat and RK means we are trotting out smith williams out at de .

can we retain darby ? not so much if you add watsons cap and the expensive wrs that is also being talked about . which leaves us to how do we resign a settle and a payne or a sweat / young if you spent all your cap ? how do you replace them with an offer that would beat a team like the dolphins or even the jets can put together .

your only assets are on defense as far as players and you are looking at wiping out the top part of your draft for the next couple of years so we would be hard trying to replace these guys

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Texans were a very shitty team. The Skins aren't as shitty of a team. What are you talking about, gut the defense. Who's gutting the defense?
again , a guy who is a franchise guy who elevates others around him should take shit and make it urine shouldnt he ? or the franchise qb thing is a myth

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in think we should all go back to the debate on whether making the playoffs with less then 9 wins would do .

i said point blank it would fuel unrealistic expectations of a losing team and fans thinking we are better then we are . how stupid is the "win now " mode ? how many more times do i have to see snyder ruin a good building process because we have to win NOW . fuck 7 wins ? every time it has been employed under snyder it has failed

as i said about the time we started allen that it would be better for us to have a top ten pick then win the division this last season because we need a qb and we would be out of range of the good ones . and i predicted have much moaning and groaning would go on because of it .

now we are ready to gut the defense and 2-3 drafts to get the franchise qb we all need , who can elevate mediocre talent (excluding last seasons 4 win debacle because his talent was below that to some but he couldnt make them even mediocre )

how do we beat an offer from the dolphins ? or the jets ? hell even the lions ? it would cost us more picks and more players and tossing out ionmans and collins and allens (last year of contract ) arent going to do it . to outbid the other teams we have only future 1st's to offer and future 2nds to offer . you will have to part with chase or sweat or both

all that for a guy who is statistically KC with better legs ( other then the 2 torn acls )

and lets not forget that every year the newest and greatest qbs enter the draft in the must have bonanza . arch manning is 3 years away

you all werent happy with KC putting up points and having a defense that couldnt stop anyone but now we will be happy with watson doing the same ?

maybe , just maybe , we should package some picks and see if we can get wilson or fields maybe the falcons will take a package that costs less the watson (plan C )

to me getting watson means you are going to win super bowls for the next few years . robinson and golladay (injured ) will cost money . and how do we pay for MAC ?
Sigh. Why do you keep pulling KC out your neck? Watson is better than Cuz. The only people who don't believe that post in this forum. In Watson's rookie season he was injured in the 7th game of the season. Up to that point the Texans were 3-3. They finished the year 4-12 w/o Watson. In his 2nd year Watson led the Texans to an 11-5 record and the playoffs. In his 3rd year a 10-6 record and another playoff berth. And after multiple stupid trades the last being sending the Texans best WR to Ari for a broken down RB. The Texans went 4-12 under Watson.

As you're so keen on comparisons. Lets do it right and go season for season. What was KC doing his rookie year. Mop up duty and/or late inning relief though he did start and win a game and played in 2 others. In Kirk's 2nd year he played in 5 games starting 3 of them. He lost all 3 and was benched. His 3rd year he played in 6 game starting 5 of them and he went 1-4 in those 5 games and was benched again. In his 4th year Kirk led the Skins to a 9-7 record starting the entire season.

By my count that leaves Watson with a 28-26 record, 2 years finishing with double digit wins, 2 AFC South titles and 2 playoff appearances in 2018 n 2019 losing the only playoff game in 2018 and going 1-1 in the playoffs in 2019 for a 1-2 playoff record

Kirk comes with an 11-14 record 1 NFC East title and 1 playoff appearance in which he went 0-1.

Now tell me again how evenly Watson n Kirk stack up. KC has 1 thing over Watson. Durability/never been injured. That's it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh. Why do you keep pulling KC out your neck? Watson is better than Cuz. The only people who don't believe that post in this forum. In Watson's rookie season he was injured in the 7th game of the season. Up to that point the Texans were 3-3. They finished the year 4-12 w/o Watson. In his 2nd year Watson led the Texans to an 11-5 record and the playoffs. In his 3rd year a 10-6 record and another playoff berth. And after multiple stupid trades the last being sending the Texans best WR to Ari for a broken down RB. The Texans went 4-12 under Watson.

As you're so keen on comparisons. Lets do it right and go season for season. What was KC doing his rookie year. Mop up duty and/or late inning relief though he did start and win a game and played in 2 others. In Kirk's 2nd year he played in 5 games starting 3 of them. He lost all 3 and was benched. His 3rd year he played in 6 game starting 5 of them and he went 1-4 in those 5 games and was benched again. In his 4th year Kirk led the Skins to a 9-7 record starting the entire season.

By my count that leaves Watson with a 28-26 record, 2 years finishing with double digit wins, 2 AFC South titles and 2 playoff appearances in 2018 n 2019 losing the only playoff game in 2018 and going 1-1 in the playoffs in 2019 for a 1-2 playoff record

Kirk comes with an 11-14 record 1 NFC East title and 1 playoff appearance in which he went 0-1.

Now tell me again how evenly Watson n Kirk stack up. KC has 1 thing over Watson. Durability/never been injured. That's it.
if i am correct didnt those texans teams beat our asses ? so who had the BETTER TEAM ? i doubt it was KC

KC can put up big numbers with good offensive pieces around him . the issue was our defense was putrid and often gave up more points then the offense could score

now i wholeheartedly agree watson is better then KC . never said he wasnt but i did bring up he was the statistical equal (sportster ) and yes watson did make the playoffs with HOPKINS , and with clowney and watt ( DPOY and all pro ) kicking it . KC never had that on defense and nothing like hopkins at wr

so i go back and say watson will not get to a superbowl here without a stout defense or some wrs . if watson puts up 42 pts but the deefnse gives up 45 then what do we have ? the skins of the mid to late 60's

all of our superbowl appearances were made without franchise qbs kilmer thiesman williams or rypien were not elite qbs of their generations . thay had great skill players around them with stout defenses . their offenses were top notch during those times as were the defenses

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look if we could get a deal with the texans to give up 3 1st rounders and allen i say ok , it sucks but ok , but your FA money will have to go to retaining our guys , sherff payne settle and MAC and hoping the inexpensive stop gap fas we got last season can continue to work . and we have to absolutely hit on our 2nd and 3rd round picks . we havent done so good with 2nd rounders but we need MAC's in round 3 or gibsons not christians

if you tear down the defense to far then we cant compete for superbowls

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought of another plus regarding Watson. His cap hits are not the worse for us.

2021- 10.54 mil
2022- 35 mil

we can actually release him at this point with no cap penalties, or

2023- 37 mil
2024- 32 mil
2025- 32 mil

Some of those numbers sound large; however, much like KC was, by the time we pay the big numbers, those could be bargain numbers. Realistically, over the next two seasons, Watson would only cost us 17 mil/season.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20210202_173157.jpg

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can we beat this ? Should we?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i am correct didnt those texans teams beat our asses ? so who had the BETTER TEAM ? i doubt it was KC

KC can put up big numbers with good offensive pieces around him . the issue was our defense was putrid and often gave up more points then the offense could score

now i wholeheartedly agree watson is better then KC . never said he wasnt but i did bring up he was the statistical equal (sportster ) and yes watson did make the playoffs with HOPKINS , and with clowney and watt ( DPOY and all pro ) kicking it . KC never had that on defense and nothing like hopkins at wr

so i go back and say watson will not get to a superbowl here without a stout defense or some wrs . if watson puts up 42 pts but the deefnse gives up 45 then what do we have ? the skins of the mid to late 60's

all of our superbowl appearances were made without franchise qbs kilmer thiesman williams or rypien were not elite qbs of their generations . thay had great skill players around them with stout defenses . their offenses were top notch during those times as were the defenses
That studly defense of which you speak couldn't bust a grape after Watson went down in game 7. Following that game the Texans went 1-8 the remaining 9 games in 2017.

Watt had a good year in 2018 with 16 sacks. In 2019 he only played in 8 games, was hurt for some of them and finished the year with 4 sacks. Clowny had 9 sacks in 2018 and was a Seattle Seahawk in 2019.

And Kirk could've had the 85 Bears for a defense n it wouldn't have made that much difference, in 2015 it would've. Before that season though in his first 3 years. Kirk was kinda a scrub.

The Skins played Houston in 2018, Cuz was already gone. Before that game their last meeting was in 2014 with Griffin being the Skins QB n Fitzmagic being the Texans QB.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation is the Raiders are offering Carr for two 1st. They want to do a three team trade that lands them Watson.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Derek Carr Trade Rumors: Raiders Expected to Take Calls Amid Deshaun Watson Buzz​

BLAKE SCHUSTERFEBRUARY 2, 2021518

Las Vegas Raiders quarterback Derek Carr (4) drops back to pass against the Denver Broncos during an NFL football game, Sunday, Jan. 3, 2021, in Denver. (AP Photo/Jack Dempsey)

Jack Dempsey/Associated Press

The Las Vegas Raiders are expecting to hear from other teams about the availability of quarterback Derek Carr this offseason, according to Vincent Bonsignore of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, who cited several unnamed sources speaking on the state of the QB carousel.
Bonsignore did not say whether the Raiders are actively shopping Carr. However, he noted the demand for the 29-year-old could lead to a three-team trade in which Houston Texans star Deshaun Watson heads to Las Vegas.
"The only way you trade a quarterback the caliber of Carr is by having a replacement plan in place that ensures improvement," one source told Bonsignore.

Here's how that potential deal could look, according to Bonsignore:
"The Raiders would have to receive two first-round picks for Carr, which they would then package with their own first-rounders in 2021 and 2022 to present a compelling offer of four first-round picks to the Texans for Watson, who has reportedly asked be traded."
Bleacher Report's Kalyn Kahler reported earlier Tuesday that the Texans have been telling rival executives they are not moving Watson despite the quarterback's trade demand.
"We've been told 'no' from them directly," one of the executives told Kahler.
That doesn't mean teams won't go after Carr, though. Bonsignore mentioned the Indianapolis Colts, Chicago Bears, New England Patriots, New Orleans Saints and Washington Football team as potential suitors.
The Fresno State product is coming off a year in which he threw for 4,103 yards, 27 touchdowns and nine interceptions to finish with a career-high passer rating of 101.4. Carr has two years left on his current deal and will make a base salary of at least $19.5 million each season.
Las Vegas may be willing to listen to offers for him, but completing a trade will be much more difficult.

1. Raiders Eyeing Deshaun Watson​

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can we beat this ? Should we?
Whomever gets Watson wins the trade. You can find a pass rusher in almost every draft. Those #1s will be in the 30's.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This shows watsons greatness ! It also shows what a gutted defense is

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why Watson would go to the niners for Bosa and two #1’s but to washington for CY and 3 #1’s....

Bosa certainly isnt twice the player Young is.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought of another plus regarding Watson. His cap hits are not the worse for us.

2021- 10.54 mil
2022- 35 mil

we can actually release him at this point with no cap penalties, or

2023- 37 mil
2024- 32 mil
2025- 32 mil

Some of those numbers sound large; however, much like KC was, by the time we pay the big numbers, those could be bargain numbers. Realistically, over the next two seasons, Watson would only cost us 17 mil/season.
He’ll be asking for another contract by 23

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why Watson would go to the niners for Bosa and two #1’s but to washington for CY and 3 #1’s....

Bosa certainly isnt twice the player Young is.
I’m guessing cause niners 2021 pick is higher

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That studly defense of which you speak couldn't bust a grape after Watson went down in game 7. Following that game the Texans went 1-8 the remaining 9 games in 2017.

Watt had a good year in 2018 with 16 sacks. In 2019 he only played in 8 games, was hurt for some of them and finished the year with 4 sacks. Clowny had 9 sacks in 2018 and was a Seattle Seahawk in 2019.

And Kirk could've had the 85 Bears for a defense n it wouldn't have made that much difference, in 2015 it would've. Before that season though in his first 3 years. Kirk was kinda a scrub.

The Skins played Houston in 2018, Cuz was already gone. Before that game their last meeting was in 2014 with Griffin being the Skins QB n Fitzmagic being the Texans QB.
I normally respect your opinions and look forward to them but you are starting to sound like fan boy in this regard

I gave you the stats and W/L record the last three years when they were both starters and they are largely equal.