• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pivotal Offseason

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new OC without question. That one series early on still burns me up. 1st and 10 handoff to Zeke, stuffed. Pollard comes in, but Zeke stays in too, I tell my wife, Holy Crap here comes the stupidass end around to TP. Stuffed. 3rd and 14, Dak forces one in, picked off. New OC, please. Honestly, I would love for McCarthy to call plays. I always thought he was a good play caller
Interesting. I was listening to Mariucci and Carr talk about how simplistic our offense was. They said it was nothing like the Westcoast one that McCarthy likes to run with a full back and a much more diversified running game. I think he should have been more hands on. Now he has to.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I was listening to Mariucci and Carr talk about how simplistic our offense was. They said it was nothing like the Westcoast one that McCarthy likes to run with a full back and a much more diversified running game. I think he should have been more hands on. Now he has to.
I just remember how hard it was to stop their teams with Green Bay. I know part of that was Aaron Rodgers, but a big part of it was that they ran it down our throats. I like the way he pounds the ball. He had problems with clock management in GB when he called plays, but he has also had clock management issues here when he hasn't so who cares. I think it will be a good change for Dak

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is just me, but covid year, virtual meetings and certainly Jerry thinking Moore was a star looking for the opportunity to flash...McCarthy was correct about not wanting to change the terminology much less, the system.

Now? I'd say fuck this... if I go down, it will be with my system, my plays.

Should make for an interesting 2023. Jerry right up there in the front seat and all?

Will McCarthy be the buffoon the large majority believe cause Dak ain't Aaron OR will there be a new narrative this time next season?

Should be fun.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is just me, but covid year, virtual meetings and certainly Jerry thinking Moore was a star looking for the opportunity to flash...McCarthy was correct about not wanting to change the terminology much less, the system.

Now? I'd say fuck this... if I go down, it will be with my system, my plays.

Should make for an interesting 2023. Jerry right up there in the front seat and all?

Will McCarthy be the buffoon the large majority believe cause Dak ain't Aaron OR will there be a new narrative this time next season?

Should be fun.
That has always been my beef with the McCarthy hire. When they hired him I thought man, I love that offense, it really reminds me of what Shannahan now does in SF. And then I hear Jerry say that Moore would continue to call plays, and run the same offense and I was like, why the Hell did you hire Mike then lol. Just make Moore the HC. To me. Having McCarthy calling plays and retaining DQ has this offseason off to a good start

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOW it's official.

Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones confirmed Wednesday that Mike McCarthy will be the franchise's first head coach to call plays since Jason Garrett in 2012, and that McCarthy will run a version of the West Coast offense he used from 2006 to 2018 with the Green Bay Packers.

"This is the logical step to build on it and use what we've established, if you will, the foundation of the things we've got," Jones said to reporters at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama. "This is the time for us to build on it. That's what this is, a building step."

It will be the first scheme change that quarterback Dak Prescott has had in his career with the Cowboys.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOW it's official.

Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones confirmed Wednesday that Mike McCarthy will be the franchise's first head coach to call plays since Jason Garrett in 2012, and that McCarthy will run a version of the West Coast offense he used from 2006 to 2018 with the Green Bay Packers.

"This is the logical step to build on it and use what we've established, if you will, the foundation of the things we've got," Jones said to reporters at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Alabama. "This is the time for us to build on it. That's what this is, a building step."

It will be the first scheme change that quarterback Dak Prescott has had in his career with the Cowboys.
Also official:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOW it's official.

I love it. Dak will need to be accurate on the timing routes, but this should style should create much more separation, which will benefit him greatly. A more diverse running game as well. Love it

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jerry is "committed to drafting a QB every year" now, huh? Hendon Hooker come on down...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys and Moore agreed to part ways, and Moore quickly landed the offensive coordinator job with the Los Angeles Chargers. Executive vice president Stephen Jones hinted at differences in opinion between McCarthy and Moore that led to the breakup while speaking to reporters in Mobile.

So....who among us still thinks Stephen will be better?
:wash:

Granted, hard at this time to see it any worse.
:markmay:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys and Moore agreed to part ways, and Moore quickly landed the offensive coordinator job with the Los Angeles Chargers. Executive vice president Stephen Jones hinted at differences in opinion between McCarthy and Moore that led to the breakup while speaking to reporters in Mobile.

So....who among us still thinks Stephen will be better?
:wash:

Granted, hard at this time to see it any worse.
:markmay:
I read this article. The Jones's must have drank some whiskey before they went to Senior bowl activities

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry & Stephen in the news:

According to Cowboys writer Clarence Hill Jr., Jones and his son, Stephen (the Cowboys' CEO), are prepared to resume talks with Beckham Jr. over the offseason.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOW it's official.

That damn Jerry. Just coach the team too. LOL. Sorry just tired of Jerry says....

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry & Stephen in the news:

According to Cowboys writer Clarence Hill Jr., Jones and his son, Stephen (the Cowboys' CEO), are prepared to resume talks with Beckham Jr. over the offseason.
I saw where they both said they wanted Zeke back. I really hope this isn't what I suspect...bring back Zeke, let TP walk..

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw where they both said they wanted Zeke back. I really hope this isn't what I suspect...bring back Zeke, let TP walk..
Steven is as crazy as dad. He says he has not noticed a drop off in Zeke's play? Give Zeke's money to Pollard and be done with it. I been waiting the past three years for the old Zeke to return. It not happening .

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now it is Mike's turn to get some draft Toys. If Jordan Addison were to be there at 26? Screw that . I would trade up for Addison lol. Addison is the type of reciever I want as the #2 to Lamb. Addison has crazy YAC ability. I think he will prove to be a force in Mike's offense. If Addison were to drop to 18-20 I try to trade up . No need for OBJ if we drafted Addison. Their game very similar. Imagine the chaos a Lamb/Addison duo would cause?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven is as crazy as dad. He says he has not noticed a drop off in Zeke's play? Give Zeke's money to Pollard and be done with it. I been waiting the past three years for the old Zeke to return. It not happening .
Zekes last 50 carries...100 yards. 2.0 YPC. No dropoff lol