• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pivotal Offseason

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be very interesting to see the direction this team takes this offseason. Dalton Schultz, LVE, Tony Pollard, Terrence Steele, Connor McGovern, Donavan Wilson, Jason Peters, Anthony Brown, TY Hilton and 10 other free agents. Upcoming monster contracts for Lamb, Diggs, Dak and then Micah... Huge decisions ahead

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It will be very interesting to see the direction this team takes this offseason. Dalton Schultz, LVE, Tony Pollard, Terrence Steele, Connor McGovern, Donavan Wilson, Jason Peters, Anthony Brown, TY Hilton and 10 other free agents. Upcoming monster contracts for Lamb, Diggs, Dak and then Micah... Huge decisions ahead
Yep. Window is closing. Good news is that Steele is a restricted free agent I believe so we can tender a first or second round offer and retain him. McGovern and Wilson and Schultz will be tough decisions along with Brown. Team will have to draft incredibly well.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what makes this anymore pivotal than the previous years? The QB money is in play.

Seriously, we should see if any team would take on Dak's contract and pull that cord.
BUT, reality remains Jerry, so?

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how sold the new brass for ARZ is on Kyler. Might be a trade that puts both QBs in better locations. Dak is going to need a change of scenery, and it's not that he's hated. It's the constant "I've got to be better" that is now falling on deaf ears. Kyler has been a thorn in the side for his ex-coach and some teammates. His talent is an upgrade for us, but we will miss the class and overall wonderful person Dak is. ARZ would get a team first leader on and off the field and not sulk when his team falls short. Without Watt, ARZ needs that guy. We need a Kyler that can make things happen when all else fails.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly dont know how to view the QB position and salary cap situation anymore. I wrote a term paper in college about Why the NCAA should go to a playoff. I swear I think i could top it with talking about this. Its definitely something that should start getting a lot more interest, especially with 3 of the 4 final teams - having a QB on a rookie contract. Of course the odd thing here is SF who actually does have a QB making a lot of money, but are on their 3rd guy starting this year. I think if you have an elite QB then you roll with it. Mahomes, Allen , Burrow , Herbert, T- Law ??? Salary cap has been around 30 years ???? Go back and look at all the QBs that have won the Superbowl during that time. You will read a lot of Hall of Fame names. If they arent elite - Brad Johnson , Dilfer , Foles , Wilson , ELi even - they had a great/ perfect team around them. I also agree with Micah on system QBs. Hurts, Lamar - perfect systems for their skill set.

So we have The Elite - Mahomes , Burrow, Allen, Herbert , ARod , Brady , T Lawrence (pending).

Arod and Brady - probably on the downside but got the big bucks and kept their teams in the mix every year. The other 5 - 3 of them are on their first contract. Mahomes and Allen will always be around , eventhough their teams arent quite what they once were. I say that and KC may still win the big one this year. Why ? Because Mahomes is that good and he is in a great system. He is doing this without one of the top players in the game - T. Hill.

Then you have the QBs that are in the perfect system for them. Lamar / Hurts. I dont think either are elite but the system gets the most out of them.

Stafford to me is an outlier. He always fascinated me with his arm and some of the throws he could make. With that being said , I never thought he would win a Super Bowl. Did he win because he was elite ? He has all the skills. Hell Jeff George had the skills. Did he win because of the system?? McVay is an offensive genius.Did he win because of the team around him? They were a stacked team. Combo of all 3 in my opinion

So what about Dak ? His record as a starter says he is elite. When healthy - we are always in the playoffs or close. The question here is - the reason for the playoffs and Daks record is because the NFC East has been pretty shitty since 2016 ??? I think that has to be a question.
Stats say he is elite for the most part. Sure he had a bad year with turnovers. So did Josh Allen but we still call him elite.
System ? Since Kellen Moore he has put up some great numbers.

What about the team around him ? 2016 and 2022 were his best teams arguably.

Unfortunately we know how this goes. We paid him big , now we will have to start getting rid of some of our other good players. Our GM had an outstanding draft and picked up some key FAs. Can we always bank on that ???

I think if we logically look at it - we likely missed our window these last two years.

I love Coach Mac - but he and Kellen arent McVay, Reid ,etc.
Dak is good , but he doesnt spin it like the top 5 do.

I think Dak is closer to Cousins, Carr, Jones , Tannyhill, etc than he is the Elite.

So what does this mean. I hope im wrong , but we are going to need a perfect system or a really good team around him. Since he makes so much , the latter will be tough so our GM cant miss.

The 2022 team - Dak went 9-5. Rush went 4-1. Yes we were much better with Dak even though the record wont show it. We have had good back ups before - Dalton , Kitna , Rush. The most recent. . Beurline , Kosar , JG - from the past. If you look at those 6 mentioned Kitna and Dalton were probably the most talented. The others were more successful because of the team around them. Yes there have been others. Those were just off the top of my head.

I love Dak but if someone comes at me with a reasonable trade - Im biting.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder how sold the new brass for ARZ is on Kyler. Might be a trade that puts both QBs in better locations. Dak is going to need a change of scenery, and it's not that he's hated. It's the constant "I've got to be better" that is now falling on deaf ears. Kyler has been a thorn in the side for his ex-coach and some teammates. His talent is an upgrade for us, but we will miss the class and overall wonderful person Dak is. ARZ would get a team first leader on and off the field and not sulk when his team falls short. Without Watt, ARZ needs that guy. We need a Kyler that can make things happen when all else fails.

Thought about this yesterday - then i remembered the little shits remarks after beating Dallas

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Sorry about my last post. Seriously had no idea it was that long until i just looked at it.

As mentioned - its a difficult subject. I just want the Super Bowl.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dak is closer to Cousins, Carr, Jones , Tannyhill, etc than he is the Elite.
After Sunday...I agree
I would as well. Just not likely IMO.

the goal remains two consecutive playoff wins for me.
Onward thru the Fog!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Sunday...I agree

Onward thru the Fog!

Would you take a 1 year fix ? Example Aaron Rodgers. Much like the Rams did last year.

Ive never liked ARod , but that probably has a lot to do with the team he was on.

Personally , Im ready for that Aikman like guy to come along.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have we found a team to take Dak?

Im thinking my dads jets would bite right now. Just no Commanders ha. Dak owns the NFC East. He has the paperwork and everything.

I would say the NFC South would have some interest. Oh and he would look cool in that Raider uniform.

I dont know man. I get to emotional when our long time QBs leave. Just thinking about it gives me a sick feeling in my stomach. When its all said and done , it would have to be a really damn good - Stafford like - offer. Ha. Dak , like i said , has the paperwork for the East pretty much. He keeps us in the mix.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking my dads jets would bite right now. Just no Commanders ha. Dak owns the NFC East. He has the paperwork and everything.

I would say the NFC South would have some interest. Oh and he would look cool in that Raider uniform.

I dont know man. I get to emotional when our long time QBs leave. Just thinking about it gives me a sick feeling in my stomach. When its all said and done , it would have to be a really damn good - Stafford like - offer. Ha. Dak , like i said , has the paperwork for the East pretty much. He keeps us in the mix.
If we find a team, trade hum.

We have a better shot with first contract QB's.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read a deal today that said the way Dak's deal is designed, he is untradable. It was set up the way it was to be extended and that's it. Trading him in either of the next 2 years when it can be redone will trigger $60 million+ in dead money. So love him, like him or hate him, as T.O. said...Thats my QB

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Sunday...I agree

Onward thru the Fog!
I am sure Dak would get us a few high picks . I doubt it happens . This team has really not had a total rebuild since Jimmy was the coach.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I read a deal today that said the way Dak's deal is designed, he is untradable. It was set up the way it was to be extended and that's it. Trading him in either of the next 2 years when it can be redone will trigger $60 million+ in dead money. So love him, like him or hate him, as T.O. said...Thats my QB
Gulp. Someone teach him how to read zones and not to be a game manager.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Dak going nowhere. I think a better OC would help Dak. I mean just look at that idiotic last play. wTF was that play? Do I trust Dak to not throw picks? No. Some of that is Dak. Some of that is scheme.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly dont know how to view the QB position and salary cap situation anymore. I wrote a term paper in college about Why the NCAA should go to a playoff. I swear I think i could top it with talking about this. Its definitely something that should start getting a lot more interest, especially with 3 of the 4 final teams - having a QB on a rookie contract. Of course the odd thing here is SF who actually does have a QB making a lot of money, but are on their 3rd guy starting this year. I think if you have an elite QB then you roll with it. Mahomes, Allen , Burrow , Herbert, T- Law ??? Salary cap has been around 30 years ???? Go back and look at all the QBs that have won the Superbowl during that time. You will read a lot of Hall of Fame names. If they arent elite - Brad Johnson , Dilfer , Foles , Wilson , ELi even - they had a great/ perfect team around them. I also agree with Micah on system QBs. Hurts, Lamar - perfect systems for their skill set.

So we have The Elite - Mahomes , Burrow, Allen, Herbert , ARod , Brady , T Lawrence (pending).

Arod and Brady - probably on the downside but got the big bucks and kept their teams in the mix every year. The other 5 - 3 of them are on their first contract. Mahomes and Allen will always be around , eventhough their teams arent quite what they once were. I say that and KC may still win the big one this year. Why ? Because Mahomes is that good and he is in a great system. He is doing this without one of the top players in the game - T. Hill.

Then you have the QBs that are in the perfect system for them. Lamar / Hurts. I dont think either are elite but the system gets the most out of them.

Stafford to me is an outlier. He always fascinated me with his arm and some of the throws he could make. With that being said , I never thought he would win a Super Bowl. Did he win because he was elite ? He has all the skills. Hell Jeff George had the skills. Did he win because of the system?? McVay is an offensive genius.Did he win because of the team around him? They were a stacked team. Combo of all 3 in my opinion

So what about Dak ? His record as a starter says he is elite. When healthy - we are always in the playoffs or close. The question here is - the reason for the playoffs and Daks record is because the NFC East has been pretty shitty since 2016 ??? I think that has to be a question.
Stats say he is elite for the most part. Sure he had a bad year with turnovers. So did Josh Allen but we still call him elite.

Unfortunately we know how this goes. We paid him big , now we will have to start getting rid of some of our other good players. Our GM had an outstanding draft and picked up some key FAs. Can we always bank on that ???

I think if we logically look at it - we likely missed our window these last two years.

So what does this mean. I hope im wrong , but we are going to need a perfect system or a really good team around him. Since he makes so much , the latter will be tough so our GM cant miss.

The 2022 team - Dak went 9-5. Rush went 4-1. Yes we were much better with Dak even though the record wont show it. We have had good back ups before - Dalton , Kitna , Rush. The most recent. . Beurline , Kosar , JG - from the past. If you look at those 6 mentioned Kitna and Dalton were probably the most talented. The others were more successful because of the team around them. Yes there have been others. Those were just off the top of my head.

Herbert, Allen, Lawrence are not elite yet. You forgot Lamar, Watson still may be, Murray, Stafford, and Wilson.,

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Dak going nowhere. I think a better OC would help Dak. I mean just look at that idiotic last play. wTF was that play? Do I trust Dak to not throw picks? No. Some of that is Dak. Some of that is scheme.
A new OC without question. That one series early on still burns me up. 1st and 10 handoff to Zeke, stuffed. Pollard comes in, but Zeke stays in too, I tell my wife, Holy Crap here comes the stupidass end around to TP. Stuffed. 3rd and 14, Dak forces one in, picked off. New OC, please. Honestly, I would love for McCarthy to call plays. I always thought he was a good play caller

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you could find an OC with a system that gives its QB's clean looks, he could lead you to a Super Bowl. Bobby Slowick from SF or Frank Reich, if he doesn't get a HC gig would be great picks IMO