• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pivotal Offseason

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Interesting take on blaming the OC for Dak making horrible throws. Outside of a couple this year, most were really bad and on Dak particularly the 3 from the Washington game onward. There was no excuse for those throws and by my count there could have been at least 4 more in just those two games were it not for drops by the other team. The scheme against Dak caused serious issues in the Washington and SF game and he missed open receivers. He is in his 7th year and has been in this system for a long time so a new coordinator will force him to adjust. I am not sure that will be any better for us. We are stuck with him unless someone wants to trade for him and gives us a small fortune in terms of picks but who would do that? We need to draft a QB and start grooming. The window is closing on this team.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we find a team, trade hum.

We have a better shot with first contract QB's.
Herbert, Allen, Lawrence are not elite yet. You forgot Lamar, Watson still may be, Murray, Stafford, and Wilson.,

I would take Herbert , Allen , Lawrence over any you mentioned. I think Lamar has to be in the right system. Watson - hasnt played much in a while. Stafford - elite arm talent. Murray - great athlete , dont think he cares enough. Wilson - Zach or Russ - very similar years. This is all just my opinion of course and why its difficult to discuss who is elite snd whos not. Honestly i would take Dak over any of the others except for maybe Stafford. Just my opinion

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Herbert , Allen , Lawrence over any you mentioned. I think Lamar has to be in the right system. Watson - hasnt played much in a while. Stafford - elite arm talent. Murray - great athlete , dont think he cares enough. Wilson - Zach or Russ - very similar years. This is all just my opinion of course and why its difficult to discuss who is elite snd whos not. Honestly i would take Dak over any of the others except for maybe Stafford. Just my opinion
Not me. Herbert is overrated to me. Allen has a strong arm, but I am not sold on him. Lawrence has potential, but callng him elite is a stretch. What have any of them won??? Herbert had a 27 point lead and scored nothing in the second half.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The window is closing on this team.
sorry...this is the second time you've said this.
The window has never really been open. NOW, IF you want to say the window is closing on Dak, fine but, as someone noted, he's not tradable for two years. Jerry is dancing this entire dance.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what this means . Past history suggests something big could happen. I believe the Jones are working on the coaching staff. Is McCarthy safe? They could be trying to convince Quinn to stay. Of they could be looking at candidates for OC and DC. It got to be important because Jerry is not one to miss air time.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what this means . Past history suggests something big could happen. I believe the Jones are working on the coaching staff. Is McCarthy safe? They could be trying to convince Quinn to stay. Of they could be looking at candidates for OC and DC. It got to be important because Jerry is not one to miss air time.

Jerry missing a chance to hear himself talk? Holy Crap, the Earth moved

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Window is closing. Good news is that Steele is a restricted free agent I believe so we can tender a first or second round offer and retain him. McGovern and Wilson and Schultz will be tough decisions along with Brown. Team will have to draft incredibly well.
We should still be a playoff team even with all the FA's we have. Still a very talented team, especially the starters

QB Dak
RB TP, whether tagged or signed
I think they keep 2/3 on Tyron, Connor and Steele
OL Smith, McGovern, Biadasz, Martin, Steele
TE Ferguson(Think Schultz is gone)
WR Lamb, Gallup, TBD

DL Tank, Hank(I hope), Osa, Micah
LB LVE(?), Clark/Cox
CB Diggs, Bland, Lewis
S Kearse, Hooker (Wilson?)

Even with a few losses, that's still very strong before the draft

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's cold:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm giving Dak a year with a teacher whether that be an OC or QB coach if it were up to me. For those suggesting a trade, remember that with trades you cannot designate a player a "post 6/1" transaction like you can on cuts. So no trade could occur until after 6/1 or we would incur a $59M cap hit next year. Even if a trade were to occur after 6/1 we would have a $18.1M cap hit this year and a $41M cap hit next year. Now add to that your replacement QB's cap hit.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm giving Dak a year with a teacher whether that be an OC or QB coach if it were up to me. For those suggesting a trade, remember that with trades you cannot designate a player a "post 6/1" transaction like you can on cuts. So no trade could occur until after 6/1 or we would incur a $59M cap hit next year. Even if a trade were to occur after 6/1 we would have a $18.1M cap hit this year and a $41M cap hit next year. Now add to that your replacement QB's cap hit.
yeah Dak isnt going anywhere.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im not necessarily wanting a trade. I think he is still a top 10 QB and can keep us in the mix. I think though the other teams in our division are all on the rise for the first time since Dak has been the Qb , with exception of the Eagles. They have been relevant for most of his years. I dont get into contracts which i know is a huge part , but what the Raiders are doing with Carr is interesting. Not sure what the Raiders have in dead money coming up or whatever but i think they made the tough decision and said we arent winning this way. Seattle did it with Russ. The Lions did it with Stafford. At the time of the Lions trade with the Rams - I would have thought Dak would have been more in demand than Stafford. I rarely saw Stafford in top 10 lists, escept for my own. I have always been a fan. Honestly though when i looked at Stafford - i always thought he will never win a Super Bowl. I feel the same about Cousins. Carr, Tannyhill , etc. They are good qbs but they will never win a Super Bowl. Is Dak that way ? If so , im getting what i can - losing the money i have to, and moving on. Its a tough decision to make

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should still be a playoff team even with all the FA's we have. Still a very talented team, especially the starters

QB Dak
RB TP, whether tagged or signed
I think they keep 2/3 on Tyron, Connor and Steele
OL Smith, McGovern, Biadasz, Martin, Steele
TE Ferguson(Think Schultz is gone)
WR Lamb, Gallup, TBD

DL Tank, Hank(I hope), Osa, Micah
LB LVE(?), Clark/Cox
CB Diggs, Bland, Lewis
S Kearse, Hooker (Wilson?)

Even with a few losses, that's still very strong before the draft

I would love to see 54 get 25 -30 snaps a game just to see what he could do.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's cold:

I think the issue I have is this is dumb AF to toss your Franchise QB under the bus. Diggs not catching that pick did not help matters either. daks two picks and Diggs dropped pick was like giving away 16 points. This game was given away and it pisses me off

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team will not have a pivotal year until Jerrah dies. No decent HC wants to work with him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team will not have a pivotal year until Jerrah dies. No decent HC wants to work with him.
Why in the world do people continue to regurgitate this ridiculous statement. There are 32 of these jobs in the entire world. Add to that the fact that Jerry isn't going to be outbid for a coach by anyone and it's just asinine. Say what you want about Jerry being an idiot and a buffoon because he is, but for the most part, those he pays like him as a boss and like his money too.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, sadly, I do tend to agree with your first sentence.