• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pivotal Offseason

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year is his 4th year
Correct, but they have to tell him now whether they take the option, which locks it in for the following season. Point is, they are going to have to get some of these guys extensions worked out soon, because if they carry 3-4 stars into the same FA class, they will only be able to tag one

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his ability on the field I dont really question.
question is do you pay that much for a partial season.
I don't know what to do with him. It's a 1 year deal not a LT deal, which is much more palatable when a player may not be worth their salary. I'm fine cutting Smith. I'm just saying he isn't coming back at a $17M cap hit to be a swing tackle. That would be nuts

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th year Option on Lamb was just reported to be $17 million...add that to $10 million tag for Pollard and the Boys have some restructuring to do...
They obviously will get this done. They have no choice. They should continue the two back approach and may need to draft a RB to replace Zeke. Pollard is very versatile. Underrated as a runner,but I think you put him in situations where you get him in space much like the Niners use Debo.

I have bashed the Jones every chance i get,but they struck gold in drafting Pollard and Lamb. They do need a reliable deep threat opposite Lamb. I saw too many dropped passes by the other wideouts.

Speaking of drafts:. Other than Tolbert They killed it with the 2022 draft. If you are regrading this is an easy A. I see Smith,Williams,Ferguson,Bland and Clark as long term starters going forward. There was very limited film out there on Bland, so yeah I give credit for finding this kid. Ferguson meanwhile there was lots of film from Wisconsin and it was impressive what he did there. All Ferguson did was make big plays every chance he got

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to do with him. It's a 1 year deal not a LT deal, which is much more palatable when a player may not be worth their salary. I'm fine cutting Smith. I'm just saying he isn't coming back at a $17M cap hit to be a swing tackle. That would be nuts
yeah. We are definitely on the same page.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah. We are definitely on the same page.
Maybe Smith takes a pay cut. Maybe they just show some honor and pay him. I would rather pay Smith or work out a team friendly extension than count on guys like Ball and Walentzko. Schultz certainly was not worth that franchise tag. I actually think Ferguson can be the next franchise TE anyway . I like his overall game better than Schultz

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Smith takes a pay cut. Maybe they just show some honor and pay him. I would rather pay Smith or work out a team friendly extension than count on guys like Ball and Walentzko. Schultz certainly was not worth that franchise tag. I actually think Ferguson can be the next franchise TE anyway . I like his overall game better than Schultz
I pretty much came out against the Schultz tag early on and hugely against a big $ LT deal. A lot of that was due to his horrible blocking the year before. But, the team never addressed TE until the draft and at that point it was too late to know if you had any players or not until after you needed to make a decision on Schultz so tagging him was the only choice for last year. I'm still against a LT deal unless it is for well below what the expected $'s are (and a big part of that is Ferguson) but know 100% he is a security blanket for Dak and for everyone saying get Dak more weapons you can't also say let Schultz go and not expect it to negatively impact Dak. :2cents:

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much came out against the Schultz tag early on and hugely against a big $ LT deal. A lot of that was due to his horrible blocking the year before. But, the team never addressed TE until the draft and at that point it was too late to know if you had any players or not until after you needed to make a decision on Schultz so tagging him was the only choice for last year. I'm still against a LT deal unless it is for well below what the expected $'s are (and a big part of that is Ferguson) but know 100% he is a security blanket for Dak and for everyone saying get Dak more weapons you can't also say let Schultz go and not expect it to negatively impact Dak. :2cents:
I’m with ya on your take. Schultz whlie good is not the second coming of Jay Novachek. Jay was the mold for todays modern tight ends just a bit light in the weight dept. kinda funny though because he did almost nothing with the Cards until Plan B and Joe Bugel left him unprotected and he signed with Dallas. The rest was history. But I have confidence in Dallas finding good replacements for Schultz they have done well the last few years finding diamonds in the rough. Ferguson will be a player I believe. I’m really curious what the off season will bring. As always a solid forward looking team can find ways to bring in talented players others have cast off but somehow Dallas needs to find some FA help that won’t break the bank and shore up some “leaks”.

Biggest thing though is don’t touch Dak’s deal for any restructuring eat the big $$$$ and have options if they do that and just that then we can look forward without being hamstrung by salary cap issues going forward.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let him test the market, if he gets a great offer, thank him for his time and bye bye. I think he'll get better money elsewhere than what Dallas needs to pony up. We have enough young talent at TE where we don't need to pour $$$ there.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m with ya on your take. Schultz whlie good is not the second coming of Jay Novachek. Jay was the mold for todays modern tight ends just a bit light in the weight dept. kinda funny though because he did almost nothing with the Cards until Plan B and Joe Bugel left him unprotected and he signed with Dallas. The rest was history. But I have confidence in Dallas finding good replacements for Schultz they have done well the last few years finding diamonds in the rough. Ferguson will be a player I believe. I’m really curious what the off season will bring. As always a solid forward looking team can find ways to bring in talented players others have cast off but somehow Dallas needs to find some FA help that won’t break the bank and shore up some “leaks”.

Biggest thing though is don’t touch Dak’s deal for any restructuring eat the big $$$$ and have options if they do that and just that then we can look forward without being hamstrung by salary cap issues going forward.
I think the 1st major contract we would consider restructuring is Zack Martins. Depending on what the staff thinks his longevity is. I could see them extending him even though his contract isnt there yet, to move money around.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By that same logic, I think taking Hendon Hooker in the 2nd round would be a fantastic pick. The reason why you can't even debate whether Dak should be extended or not is the only option on the roster if you do is Cooper Rush. Take Hooker now and develop him. If Dak plays so well the next 3 years that you want to keep on keeping on with him, great. But don't do it because you have no choice.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 1st major contract we would consider restructuring is Zack Martins. Depending on what the staff thinks his longevity is. I could see them extending him even though his contract isnt there yet, to move money around.
Zack is always seemingly restructured and will be until he stops playing at an All Pro level. The guys you should restructure are the ones you expect to see the end of their contract

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2:11 p.m. - True to what his defensive coordinator Dan Quinn said about his position a couple weeks ago, Micah Parsons indeed was a "pass-rushing linebacker" during the OTA session open for the media on Thursday.
Parsons lined up at linebacker, both in the middle and outside during team drills. He also rushed the passer in both individual and team drills. So while the third-year pro has mentioned adding some weight to help him against opposing offensive tackles, it does appear that he'll continue to line up in various spots.
However, during one of the breaks at Thursday's practice, Parsons was working with recently-inducted Hall of Famer DeMarcus Ware, who is one of the best pass-rushers in league history. Ware was at The Star on Thursday working on an upcoming piece for NFL Films, but was on the sideline chatting with the players. Ware was seen working on some pass-rushing moves with Parsons.
Ware is the Cowboys' all-time leader in sacks with 117. Parsons broke his rookie records in 2021 with 13 sacks and has 26.5 in his first two seasons.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2:11 p.m. - True to what his defensive coordinator Dan Quinn said about his position a couple weeks ago, Micah Parsons indeed was a "pass-rushing linebacker" during the OTA session open for the media on Thursday.
Parsons lined up at linebacker, both in the middle and outside during team drills. He also rushed the passer in both individual and team drills. So while the third-year pro has mentioned adding some weight to help him against opposing offensive tackles, it does appear that he'll continue to line up in various spots.
However, during one of the breaks at Thursday's practice, Parsons was working with recently-inducted Hall of Famer DeMarcus Ware, who is one of the best pass-rushers in league history. Ware was at The Star on Thursday working on an upcoming piece for NFL Films, but was on the sideline chatting with the players. Ware was seen working on some pass-rushing moves with Parsons.
Ware is the Cowboys' all-time leader in sacks with 117. Parsons broke his rookie records in 2021 with 13 sacks and has 26.5 in his first two seasons.
I just have a feeling Quinn is getting more the unit he envisioned.

read Kelvin Joseph is being moved to safety. Might be his last chance to flash he can play in this league. Kinda interesting.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance that's true :nono:
It was for Steve Smith. So I have hope.

When he came back from his broken leg he was faster & more explosive.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was for Steve Smith. So I have hope.

When he came back from his broken leg he was faster & more explosive.
After 4 months? Sorry, There’s just no way

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say I'm hearing that...but thats gay.

Cowboys say both Simi Fehoko and Jalen Tolbert are turning heads in OTA's.

12 receivers on the roster...