• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pivotal Offseason

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit...fire him now.

The consultant/ OC was here last year and his role is the same.
I never heard much talk about him. I really don’t have a grasp of what exactly he did in Dallas.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was first assistant to Moore and now McCarthy.

Heck, is McCarthy pulling these strings or Jerry.
I meant more what was he doing on a daily basis and how much input did he have. There was very little talk of him. Was he at practice every day or in some office somewhere. Was he even with the team 24/7 or more in the off-season? Was he involved in game planning every week and if so was he listened to?

Agree it seems all McCarthy. Torn on whether I think that’s a good thing or bad thing.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry is streaming down his staff. Not adding to a staff that was already the NFL largest coaching staffs.
Stephen needs that cash flow for the new stripper pole in the party bus

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian does not run anything close to his dad Marty’s offense which was run first then strike in the air as needed rinse repeat. Marty RIP was an awesome coach.
Shoot guys almost any offense can win in the NFL with proper execution. Earnie Zampese used to say” a great play is the one that works” or something very close to that.
I think that this is all McCarthy going in to save his job I guess and prove he can do it with his offense. Problem as I see it is Dallas has some major needs ( again) to get things rolling and the Jones are more interested in making money than winning championships IMO. I mean the Cowboys are worth 7 billion according to Forbes hiw much more do ya need Jerry?
Dallas needs another top WR to go along with Lamb maybe Gallup will return to form but we still need a WR possibly 2 running backs a OL G maybe center RT depending on how expensive Steele is a CB Mike linebacker a fat man in the middle (Pday, Jarntt, manster , myself have been asking for years ) a solid backup QB and maybe a new QB if Dak cannot prove he is the guy worth his Salary based on his performance. Not a hit on Dak just the simple football economics of having to pay a QB the salaries in todays NFL.
Im not a coach scout or cap guru but other teams are gettin way more than Dallas is for the money IMO.
rant is over I’m going to watch the tape of the senior bowl. I love my team but I’m getting tired of the twists and turns of dissatisfaction and it being more like “days of our lives” soap opera instead of Let‘s win some football games and a championship.

JMHO
Go Cowboys

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for any fan of any NFL team to get excited about having Schottenheimer as the OC. I like Schottenheimer. I think he's done a solid job, (for the most part), where he's been the OC. He's been in some really bad situations under meddling defense-oriented HCs, but he put himself in those situations. Maybe it'll work if he's under an offense-based HC or maybe it'll work if he's just given free reign. Unfortunately he's had the same flaws and tendencies wherever he's worked, so I really doubt it'll work here either. Hopefully it's a just a 1 year thing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I can’t stop thinking is everyone had an idea of why we won with Rush and other than a few morons/Dak haters it wasn’t because he was better than Dak. It was the offense we ran and how the game was called and to me that seems to be more of what we would see with Schottenheimer. Again not saying that means I think he is the answer or a great hire, just looking for which way I think it’s going to go. Obviously we won’t know for sure until we hear what the offense is, whose offense it is and what their plans are

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume (LOL) it's Mike's show.
The needle points to "west coast offense". In theory...might work for Dak. I think some "football guys" in Jerry's end of season meetings directed Jerry to the only good bull shit left to play. Jerry asked and received multiple opinions that directed to the only card. Mike's NFL past success very much was him calling plays in his system.

Schottenheimer is the OC to be the teacher of a system. That started last week and it started with ass kissing throughout the building. The coaching / coaching assistant to the assistant staff is the 2023 budget. People are expected to produce with less.

Pretty simple really...CYA

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for any fan of any NFL team to get excited about having Schottenheimer as the OC. I like Schottenheimer. I think he's done a solid job, (for the most part), where he's been the OC. He's been in some really bad situations under meddling defense-oriented HCs, but he put himself in those situations. Maybe it'll work if he's under an offense-based HC or maybe it'll work if he's just given free reign. Unfortunately he's had the same flaws and tendencies wherever he's worked, so I really doubt it'll work here either. Hopefully it's a just a 1 year thing.
From what I understand it looks like Shite heimer is going to assist McCarthy McCarthy job is on the line. The shakeup was needed. . Moore did a good job overall,but their were warts and those were not "treated". McCarthy is running this offense I assume it will be a hybrid offense.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian does not run anything close to his dad Marty’s offense which was run first then strike in the air as needed rinse repeat. Marty RIP was an awesome coach.
Shoot guys almost any offense can win in the NFL with proper execution. Earnie Zampese used to say” a great play is the one that works” or something very close to that.
I think that this is all McCarthy going in to save his job I guess and prove he can do it with his offense. Problem as I see it is Dallas has some major needs ( again) to get things rolling and the Jones are more interested in making money than winning championships IMO. I mean the Cowboys are worth 7 billion according to Forbes hiw much more do ya need Jerry?
Dallas needs another top WR to go along with Lamb maybe Gallup will return to form but we still need a WR possibly 2 running backs a OL G maybe center RT depending on how expensive Steele is a CB Mike linebacker a fat man in the middle (Pday, Jarntt, manster , myself have been asking for years ) a solid backup QB and maybe a new QB if Dak cannot prove he is the guy worth his Salary based on his performance. Not a hit on Dak just the simple football economics of having to pay a QB the salaries in todays NFL.
Im not a coach scout or cap guru but other teams are gettin way more than Dallas is for the money IMO.
rant is over I’m going to watch the tape of the senior bowl. I love my team but I’m getting tired of the twists and turns of dissatisfaction and it being more like “days of our lives” soap opera instead of Let‘s win some football games and a championship.

JMHO
Go Cowboys
This draft is loaded with running backs and recievers . It would make sense for the Cowboys to add a RB and reciever early. . Probably not in that order

I also see Zeke and Pollard moving on. In hindsight the Cowboys made a mistake in 2016. Ramsey would have been the smarter pick. Zeke was good for about 4 years and then faded badly . This could cause Jerry to not invest money or high picks on running backs.

Maybe they do end up signing Pollard to a team friendly deal and draft a big back to replace Zeke even Pollard seems to get hurt. Running backs take a beating

I see no reason to spend big in Schultz either. A nice TE,but not worth the money

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This draft is loaded with running backs and recievers . It would make sense for the Cowboys to add a RB and reciever early. . Probably not in that order

I also see Zeke and Pollard moving on. In hindsight the Cowboys made a mistake in 2016. Ramsey would have been the smarter pick. Zeke was good for about 4 years and then faded badly . This could cause Jerry to not invest money or high picks on running backs.

Maybe they do end up signing Pollard to a team friendly deal and draft a big back to replace Zeke even Pollard seems to get hurt. Running backs take a beating

I see no reason to spend big in Schultz either. A nice TE,but not worth the money
Pollards not going anywhere.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th year Option on Lamb was just reported to be $17 million...add that to $10 million tag for Pollard and the Boys have some restructuring to do...
well if we end up releasing Smith. That frees up 9+ mil. & Lamb is only on his 4th year this coming yr. of a cap hit of 4.4 mil. Also I am willing the bet the tag on pollard is just a place holder to get a long term deal done. Which if so frees up more cap for this coming year.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if we end up releasing Smith. That frees up 9+ mil. & Lamb is only on his 4th year this coming yr. of a cap hit of 4.4 mil. Also I am willing the bet the tag on pollard is just a place holder to get a long term deal done. Which if so frees up more cap for this coming year.
Correct, but they have to let Lamb know now if they'll take the option, so it's going up after next season, perhaps they sign him long term now. They don't want Lamb, Diggs, Pollard and Steele to all come due together with Micah looming after that.
I saw today Stephen said they plan to bring Tyron and Peters back next season

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, but they have to let Lamb know now if they'll take the option, so it's going up after next season, perhaps they sign him long term now. They don't want Lamb, Diggs, Pollard and Steele to all come due together with Micah looming after that.
I saw today Stephen said they plan to bring Tyron and Peters back next season
I'm not sure I would believe anything the Jone's say right now. But if Tyron did come back it would be under a new cheaper deal. I really have a hard time believing we dont cut him under his current contract. he wont play a full season. That is almost guaranteed.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I would believe anything the Jone's say right now. But if Tyron did come back it would be under a new cheaper deal. I really have a hard time believing we dont cut him under his current contract. he wont play a full season. That is almost guaranteed.
I think if they did, he would be the Swing and Peters the backup LG

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th year Option on Lamb was just reported to be $17 million...add that to $10 million tag for Pollard and the Boys have some restructuring to do...
Next year is his 4th year

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyron got it going pretty good by playoff time. if he ends up here next year I’d play him and Steele at OT and Tyler at LG until he gets hurt. I’d also try and draft an OL if it falls our way.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyron got it going pretty good by playoff time. if he ends up here next year I’d play him and Steele at OT and Tyler at LG until he gets hurt. I’d also try and draft an OL if it falls our way.
his ability on the field I dont really question.
question is do you pay that much for a partial season.