• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pitt and Balt SB contenders but not us?

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agreed. I didn't mean to suggest it was. For all the reasons you said this was a game the 49ers were probably going to lose. I just did not like seeing them embarrassed and outclassed offensively. Not even in the Singletary era did they have such a meager offensive output as they did on Thursday with their 170 yards.

Since this thread was hijacked :tj: I will try and bring this back to the topic at hand.
How were they outclassed offensively? They Ravens rushed for 92 yards and Falcco threw for a 161 yards and you call that embarrassing?
"complete domination of both sides of the line of scrimmage is emabrrassing."
How did the Ravens dominate on the offensive side of the ball? Explain that .

Last edited by a moderator:

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Disagree. 170 yards of offense, a record for fultility even counting the Singletary era, nine sacks and complete domination of both sides of the line of scrimmage is emabrrassing.

The pearls of wisdom from you never stop do they?

The Buccaneers shut the 49ers out last year. Not scoring ANY points is as bad as it gets. That’s the definition of futility

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pearls of wisdom from you never stop do they?

The Buccaneers shut the 49ers out last year. Not scoring ANY points is as bad as it gets. That’s the definition of futility

One of the reasons why I'm glad we're winning with Alex. Even after this blowout there were some, albeit few, who kept with the "Troy can win games and Alex can't". Alex was no winner then but it bugged me that people didn't realize that Troy would be figured out and a bunch of his success was because no one had film on him. Granted Troy did have that big St. Louis game (the first, not the second) that I don't think Alex would have had (we may still have won but under different circumstances). Now, we can see that we can win with Alex and a great defense and coaches bring that to the front. Alex is by no means winning it by himself, but that bugged me a bit. The wins, of course, didn't bug me, but I was happy with wins with either QB.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
[QUOTE=coffeeman;1412155]The pearls of wisdom from you never stop do they?

The Buccaneers shut the 49ers out last year. Not scoring ANY points is as bad as it gets. That’s the definition of futility[/QUOTE]

Try to keep up. We were talking about a record for futility as far as yards gained by the offense. Get back to cleaning those bathrooms and dumping the garbage.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Since this thread was hijacked :tj: I will try and bring this back to the topic at hand.
How were they outclassed offensively? They Ravens rushed for 92 yards and Falcco threw for a 161 yards and you call that embarrassing?
"complete domination of both sides of the line of scrimmage is emabrrassing."
How did the Ravens dominate on the offensive side of the ball? Explain that .

I guess I'll have to spell it out. They dominated the line on offense by not letting the Niners even sniff a sack and constantly keeping 4 to 5 yards of free space for their QB to throw. When they wanted to throw early they did so at will. Once they got the TD they knew the game was over and just played conservatively. It helps if you actually watch the game before you comment.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Exposes my folly? You poor fool. You birth certificate is an apology from the condom factory.
I hear that when your mother first saw you, she decided to leave you on the front steps of a police station while she turned herself in.

If you ever want to know what it was like to be one of the 62,000 that saw history you just ask my boss. He can tell you all about it.
:L

Ooh, burn. How long did it take you to come up with that? I haven't heard that one since the 7th grade. And it is "Your" not "You".

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ooh, burn. How long did it take you to come up with that? I haven't heard that one since the 7th grade. And it is "Your" not "You".

My apologies. I forgot that those insults might be a little to much for you to grasp so I will try to explain it in a way you may be able to comprehend it.

You remember in your daycare the kid that always had a load in his diaper and was always crying with the bitter beer face?
He was the one that would then take his hand and put it down his diaper and with the crap he would grab he would wipe it on the wall. He was so proud of the crap that he put up there and all the other kids would just laugh at him. They understood he was not the brightest kid in the class but that didn’t stop him. It was a thing of pure beauty to him while others saw it for exactly what it was.
Perspective is everything. You keep reaching in to your diaper and the adults in the room will try to understand your deficiencies.
:doh:

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I guess I'll have to spell it out. They dominated the line on offense by not letting the Niners even sniff a sack and constantly keeping 4 to 5 yards of free space for their QB to throw. When they wanted to throw early they did so at will. Once they got the TD they knew the game was over and just played conservatively. It helps if you actually watch the game before you comment.

This is an area where your lack of football knowledge comes into play so I will try and go slow for you.
What the 49ers did was they shut down Ray Rice and the Ravens running game. Any time you allow an opposing team to 2.6 yards per rush you have dominated the line of scrimmage .Once again the did not allow a rushing 100 yard rusher or a rushing TD.
When the Ravens had it 1st and goal from the 4, a dominating team would have scored a TD. Heck it was 2nd and 1 and they still held them out of the end zone and actually caused them to lose a yard. That’s domination on the 49ers side of the ball.
They forced Flacco and the Ravens to throw the ball.

When they wanted to throw early they did so at will. Huh? The question that needs to be asked is did you watch the game? Look at what they did in the first half. They had 6 points in the 1st half.
Opening drive was solid but after that they had 2 drives of 3 and out and one drive was 5 plays and a punt. Flacco threw for under 80 yards in the 1st half. That’s at will? {Get your hand out of your diaper}

I guess I need to remind you that the score was 6-6 going into the 4th quarter too. What an ignorant statement; Once they got the TD they knew the game was over and just played conservatively. The next drive after the TD they went 6 plays and punted. Man that is domination isn’t it?:nonod:

The difference in the game was the Ravens ability to convert on 3rd down and the 49ers inability to convert. It’s a problem that the 49ers have had all year along with converting touchdowns in the red zone.
The 49ers offense line was dominated at times yes but the defense played well again and was anything but dominated. If Flacco had so mush time he would have passed for more then 161 yards.

:frusty:

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Try to keep up. We were talking about a record for futility as far as yards gained by the offense.

You were the only one mentioning it.
Here is where a simpleton like you has a hard time. Yards don’t matter in football game, points do. The Bucs shutting out the 49ers last year was just another low point of the last decade or so because it is the goal of every defense going in to every game not to allow a single point.. The Bucs achieved that goal.
That is futility when it matters.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is an area where your lack of football knowledge comes into play so I will try and go slow for you.
What the 49ers did was they shut down Ray Rice and the Ravens running game. Any time you allow an opposing team to 2.6 yards per rush you have dominated the line of scrimmage .Once again the did not allow a rushing 100 yard rusher or a rushing TD.
When the Ravens had it 1st and goal from the 4, a dominating team would have scored a TD. Heck it was 2nd and 1 and they still held them out of the end zone and actually caused them to lose a yard. That’s domination on the 49ers side of the ball.

When they wanted to throw early they did so at will. Huh? The question that needs to be asked is did you watch the game? Look at what they did in the first half. They had 6 points in the 1st half.
Opening drive was solid but after that they had 2 drives of 3 and out and one drive was 5 plays and a punt. Flacco threw for under 80 yards in the 1st half. That’s at will? {Get your hand out of your diaper}

I guess I need to remind you that the score was 6-6 going into the 4th quarter too. What an ignorant statement; Once they got the TD they knew the game was over and just played conservatively. The next drive after the TD they went 6 plays and punted. Man that is domination isn’t it?:nonod:

The difference in the game was the Ravens ability to convert on 3rd down and the 49ers inability to convert. It’s a problem that the 49ers have had all year along with converting touchdowns in the red zone.
The 49ers offense line was dominated at times yes but the defense played well again and was anything but dominated. If Flacco had so mush time he would have passed for more then 161 yards.

.........And why were the Ravens able to convert on third down and the 49ers were not? Let's all say it together: "The Ravens controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball".
There is a lot more to controlling the line of scrimmage than stopping the run as the 49ers found out last Thursday

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Try to keep up. We were talking about a record for futility as far as yards gained by the offense.

You were the only one mentioning it.
Here is where a simpleton like you has a hard time. Yards don’t matter in football game, points do. The Bucs shutting out the 49ers last year was just another low point of the last decade or so because it is the goal of every defense going in to every game not to allow a single point.. The Bucs achieved that goal.
That is futility when it matters.

Doesn't matter. The statemnt was that this was a record for futility as far as yards gained and sacks allowed. That hasn't changed.

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
.........And why were the Ravens able to convert on third down and the 49ers were not? Let's all say it together: "The Ravens controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball".
There is a lot more to controlling the line of scrimmage than stopping the run as the 49ers found out last Thursday

i consider that a rather big logical leap. there was some uncharacteristically poor tackling on key drives late in the game. there was also some very soft coverage on boldin in the first few drives. yes, the niners don't blitz much and have trouble getting pressure. saying the ravens' o-line controlled the line of scrimmage, however, is misleading, at best, and alarmist, at worst. our secondary is still suspect, especially against a combination of skilled receivers and legitimate deep threats. the ravens have that and we committed very few players to the pass rush, often dropping 7 off the line. the ravens did a very poor job driving off the snap and virtually nothing to help rice find running lanes. they did a fairly good job protecting flacco but our defense basically gave them that. there's a HUGE difference between controlling the LOS and controlling the pocket during pass plays.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exposes my folly? You poor fool. You birth certificate is an apology from the condom factory.
I hear that when your mother first saw you, she decided to leave you on the front steps of a police station while she turned herself in.

If you ever want to know what it was like to be one of the 62,000 that saw history you just ask my boss. He can tell you all about it.
:L

Nolan winning friends and influencing people again I see. Same...as...it...ever...was.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies. I forgot that those insults might be a little to much for you to grasp so I will try to explain it in a way you may be able to comprehend it.

You remember in your daycare the kid that always had a load in his diaper and was always crying with the bitter beer face?
He was the one that would then take his hand and put it down his diaper and with the crap he would grab he would wipe it on the wall. He was so proud of the crap that he put up there and all the other kids would just laugh at him. They understood he was not the brightest kid in the class but that didn’t stop him. It was a thing of pure beauty to him while others saw it for exactly what it was.
Perspective is everything. You keep reaching in to your diaper and the adults in the room will try to understand your deficiencies.
:doh:

Interesting analogy (see what I did there?). Funny how Nolan always ends up being associated with diaper loads. He is the inveterate pantshitter. Even at 9-2 his concern trollism isn't satisfied. Hell, the Giants won a WS (after he declared the season "over" a couple of months prior) and he was STILL in full diaper mode the next season.

I told the board about this champion of negativity.

Do you get it now, iMac?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Utter and complete pwnage.

Rep.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i consider that a rather big logical leap. there was some uncharacteristically poor tackling on key drives late in the game. there was also some very soft coverage on boldin in the first few drives. yes, the niners don't blitz much and have trouble getting pressure. saying the ravens' o-line controlled the line of scrimmage, however, is misleading, at best, and alarmist, at worst. our secondary is still suspect, especially against a combination of skilled receivers and legitimate deep threats. the ravens have that and we committed very few players to the pass rush, often dropping 7 off the line. the ravens did a very poor job driving off the snap and virtually nothing to help rice find running lanes. they did a fairly good job protecting flacco but our defense basically gave them that. there's a HUGE difference between controlling the LOS and controlling the pocket during pass plays.

If by "logical leap" you mean "illogical" then, yeah.

BTW, the Niners didn't blitz once all game according to Fangio.

You nailed the alarmist. Well done.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The Ravens O Line kept the 49ers from even touching their QB and their defensive line sacked our QB 9 times and shut down our running game. The Niners did a credible job of stopping Rice but I'd credit that more to Bowman and Willis than the D Line. The abject failure of the pass rush however, as you pointed out, was a direct result of the D linemen not being able to beat the Ravens O line. In short, they dominated both sides of the line. That's why they lost. Any novice football fan will tell you that the game is won or lost at the line of scrimmage.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Heh, I think you're being rather generous in calling that a "big logical leap." I would call it verbal pot hole full of shit. Have you seen the gameday threads? He has the worse case of bi-polar than a crack whore on withdrawal.

Prior to the game, the Ravens were scoring 31 points per game against their opponents at home. The 9ers go in there on 3 day's rest and only give up 16... If they got dominated, how does that happen? The idiot can't explain it because he can't process the fact that the 9ers are A) not a blitzing team and B) were dropping back to compensate for a weaker secondary (like you mentioned) and thus force Flacco to throw where mistakes can happen. When coverage becomes tight in the red zone, it's hard to score on a defense like that...ergo the 16... The +differential stat would explain that's exactly the consequence of what the 9er defense does, but again, we have to consider who we're dealing with here...