• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pistons sign Jodie Meeks to 19+ mil 3 years

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol boy you kill me with your agenda you got going on about the Lakers. Please explain, how Meeks getting overpaid by the pistons and the Lakers being smart enough to not match it, is a bad sign for the Lakers?

Lakers were smart. He's not worth it.

A lot of Lakers had inflated offensive stats last season.......because their D was so bad.

Swaggy will probably be the next to be overpaid by somebody for the same reason, but he won't get that kind of an offer.

Remember Earl Clark?
Same syndrome, different year.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol boy you kill me with your agenda you got going on about the Lakers. Please explain, how Meeks getting overpaid by the pistons and the Lakers being smart enough to not match it, is a bad sign for the Lakers?

I agree and quite the contrary. Money will be better spent elsewhere.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a contract that we'll look back at in a year from now and laugh hysterically at. Horrible signing. Overpaid big time. Smh.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's only a 3 year deal and we overpaid 2-3 mil at worst. Also I'm pretty sure he'll start for us or play 6th man minutes for us. Our depth at wing is paper thin. I think he would get the nod over kcp or Kyle singler. No way Stan puts josh smith back on the wing.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's trying too hard again. I'm sure he's gushing over Bradley getting overpaid though.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers were smart. He's not worth it.

A lot of Lakers had inflated offensive stats last season.......because their D was so bad.

Swaggy will probably be the next to be overpaid by somebody for the same reason, but he won't get that kind of an offer.

Remember Earl Clark?
Same syndrome, different year

Yeah, and I remember people saying how the Lakers let a good one go. It's funny how you guys trash the Lakers players during the season and before. Saying how they are all garbage. Then, when it comes to the next summer and free agency, you say let's raid the Lakers :noidea:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I remember people saying how the Lakers let a good one go. It's funny how you guys trash the Lakers players during the season and before. Saying how they are all garbage. Then, when it comes to the next summer and free agency, you say let's raid the Lakers :noidea:

I've never said a negative word about Hill.
He's solid for his price tag..and the Heat need more energy players.

Gasol is older, slower, and injury prone.
I'm talking about adding him on the cheap though, maybe the 5M mid level.
He's not worth near what he was making IMO.

As far as Clark, I said he wasn't any big deal to lose when you lost him.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 free agency class includes players who can turn franchises around. Melo and Lebron are the most notable. Once they move, and perhaps Bosh, the rest trickle.

This is the time to strike. The next few years will probably see half or a quarter that list even get to FA, and they are not Lebron or Melo.