• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pippen said what???

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SJ you see, trying to discount the 1960s Cs dominance just comes off as hypocritical.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SJ you see, trying to discount the 1960s Cs dominance just comes off as hypocritical.

This coming from a Lions and Michigan fan, but somehow a Heat fan?

Fact is the talest guy on the floor in the 60's was 6'9 6'10 and the athletes were no where near as quick or strong. Todays athletes may be a little more athletic than in the 80's/90's, but not by much and the players today are no where near as smart as the players back then.

Go watch the Bulls video from the 90's. Please. That's when Bball was real, not princess like. Why do you think more people watched bball then than now?

Go watch Pippen rise above Ewing, Alonzo, and Barkley. The Bulls were a dynasty just like the Celts, but you know who would dominate that match-up. The Heat have 1 ring without Shaq so I won't even consider them until they win 3 in a row.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fact is the talest guy on the floor in the 60's was 6'9 6'10 and the athletes were no where near as quick or strong. Todays athletes may be a little more athletic than in the 80's/90's, but not by much and the players today are no where near as smart as the players back then.

Go watch the Bulls video from the 90's. Please. That's when Bball was real, not princess like. Why do you think more people watched bball then than now?

Go watch Pippen rise above Ewing, Alonzo, and Barkley. The Bulls were a dynasty just like the Celts, but you know who would dominate that match-up. The Heat have 1 ring without Shaq so I won't even consider them until they win 3 in a row.

Thats easy to answer. People watched basketball more in the 90's because of Bird/Magic. Before them NBA games were rarely on TV and Finals were tape delayed. Bird and Magic ( and to a lesser extent Dr J ) made the NBA relevant. Without those 2 MJ is nothing more than a story your Dad told you about how great he was.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats easy to answer. People watched basketball more in the 90's because of Bird/Magic. Before them NBA games were rarely on TV and Finals were tape delayed. Bird and Magic ( and to a lesser extent Dr J ) made the NBA relevant. Without those 2 MJ is nothing more than a story your Dad told you about how great he was.

Not sure you are a man. lol First off, I was in high school/college in the 90's and grew up in IL. I watched the Pistons gang r*pe MJ in the 80's, then I watched all the beatdowns in the 90's. The 69/70 win seasons. And I grew up watching Bird and Magic before that. Every dynasty had one come before it. But just because Bird and Magic played before MJ, doesn't really mean much buddy since MJ dropped 69 on Bird his rookie year. Hell I remember watching Danny Manning and Kansas upsetting Oklahoma and Stacie King when I was 10-11 years old. Watched the whole thing. Go back and watch bball when it was legit. Otherwise STFU.

And alot of games were on WGN and the playoff games were on TV. I remember Marv and his combover fro. Everyone's grandma watched Bird, Magic, and MJ. But now? LOL It's a joke compared to the Bad Boys, Celts, Lakers and Bulls.

Please. Did you even have TV in your barn in Iowa back then?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't even make me bring up 1991 Lakers Bulls Finals. You all won game 1 and that's it. Ring #1.

Go back and watch that footage. Watch game 5 where the Bulls smothered Magic into turnovers because of a full court press most of the game. How Jordan dominated the Lakers! And the 91,92,93 team was not even as good as the 95,96,97 team.

Please fool.. Have you all upgraded over a phone internet connection in Iowa??

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure you are a man. lol First off, I was in high school/college in the 90's and grew up in IL. I watched the Pistons gang r*pe MJ in the 80's, then I watched all the beatdowns in the 90's. The 69/70 win seasons. And I grew up watching Bird and Magic before that. Every dynasty had one come before it. But just because Bird and Magic played before MJ, doesn't really mean much buddy since MJ dropped 69 on Bird his rookie year. Hell I remember watching Danny Manning and Kansas upsetting Oklahoma and Stacie King when I was 10-11 years old. Watched the whole thing. Go back and watch bball when it was legit. Otherwise STFU.

And alot of games were on WGN and the playoff games were on TV. I remember Marv and his combover fro. Everyone's grandma watched Bird, Magic, and MJ. But now? LOL It's a joke compared to the Bad Boys, Celts, Lakers and Bulls.

Please. Did you even have TV in your barn in Iowa back then?

So you watched basketball in the 80's and 90's??? Exactly... Did you even read what I wrote?? You got to watch basketball in the 80's and 90's BECAUSE of Magic and Bird. Thats the only reason. The NBA was largely irrelevant on a national scale beofre those 2 came along( the NBA Finals were tape delayed up until 1979 for fucks sake). I was simply answering your question of WHY basketball was more popular in the 90's. It was fresher then. Wasnt saying anything about dynasties or whatever. Reading comprehension. Check it out

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No your point is just retard.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a sidenote the 1979 NCAA title game featuring Larry bird and Magic Johnson is still the highest ranked college basketball title game of all time for TV ratings and all of the Celtics-Lakers Finals series are in the top 5 for all time TV ratings for NBA finals broadcasts. The ONLY Finals featuring MJ in the top 5??? The 91 series where he went against Magic. Also last years Finals was the second highest rated ever so saying more people watched in the 90's is disengenous. More people watched in the 80's, the 90's didnt even have as high of an aggregate score as the 2000's for playoff viewership.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you pose a question. I answer it. You get your panties in a bunch. I provide facts to dispute your OPINION and then you call me names??? LOL. Illini fan FTW!!! Seems about right. face it man. Without Magic and Bird you would have been reading about MJ in the papers instead of watching him on TV all the time. That doesnt mean MJ wasnt the greatest, it simply means no one would have known it.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the 1979 game was the shit and the 80's were where it started for bball, along with Dr. J. But the point of this thread was about MJ versus Lebron. I stated that more people watched bball back then and I included the 80's with the 90's. Sure MJ benefited from Dr. J, Bird, and Magic... Who cares? People would have still tuned into Jordan regardless - I mean seriously?? Saying people would not have watched bball when Jordan was on TV is just stupid. Can't fix stupid. Your grandma watched bball back then. Grandma's today don't watch much bball unless it's march madness. Basketball back then was a better product than today. period. Who cares if Bird and Magic came into the league 4-5 years before Jordan.

Really? LOL

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You out your tree. At least the Illini have been to a recent Final 4 in bball and a BCS bowl game almost a decade ago. What do you all have at Iowa? Besides a killer AG department?

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It seems like everyone is taking what Pippen supposedly said and turning it into whether or not LeBron's Heat could beat Michael's Bulls which it pretty much depends on which Bulls we are talking about. That's not how I took it though because of the wording. LeBron would kick MJ's ass. To me that says he would beat him one on one and I'd put my money on LeBron. He's just too big, too strong, too fast too athletic for even the best player ever. Jordan was a 2 guard with a 2 guard's body. LeBron is a small forward built like a brick house. I don't think it would even be that close if not for Jordan's ultra competitive nature.

I remember, it must have been almost 25 years ago, Gary Payton and Bo Kimble was in a one on one tournament for players entering the draft. Both players were pretty much mopping the floor with everyone. It got down to Kimble and Payton and Kimble just drug Payton all over the floor. Payton's jersey was all torn up and he was looking dejected because there was just nothing he could do with the big, fast, athletic Kimble. Payton went on to be the Glove, an NBA defensive stand out and hall of fame player and Kimble went on to be, well, I have no idea what Kimble went on to be but I would bet that LeBron would drag MJ all over the court just like Kimble drug the Glove all over the court.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not arguing that LBJ is better than MJ, in time that will be proven. I am just showing that your arguments are really poorly thought out and executed.

From Michigan and I enjoy great basketball.

I assure you that science, training and strategy did not go backwards since the 80s and 90s.

Please provide ratings that prove this.

as a Dynasty? fair enough

really dude? this is what you could come up with?

Last edited by a moderator:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the 1979 game was the shit and the 80's were where it started for bball, along with Dr. J. But the point of this thread [/B]was about MJ versus Lebron. I stated that more people watched bball back then and I included the 80's with the 90's. Sure MJ benefited from Dr. J, Bird, and Magic... Who cares? People would have still tuned into Jordan regardless - I mean seriously?? Saying people would not have watched bball when Jordan was on TV is just stupid. Can't fix stupid. Your grandma watched bball back then. Grandma's today don't watch much bball unless it's march madness. Basketball back then was a better product than today. period. Who cares if Bird and Magic came into the league 4-5 years before Jordan.

Really? LOL

Absolutely. You then said more people watched in the 90's than now ( which isnt true but still). The reason basketball was more popular in the 90's was because it grew to HUGE heights because of Magic and Larry. Thats all I ver said.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You out your tree. At least the Illini have been to a recent Final 4 in bball and a BCS bowl game almost a decade ago. What do you all have at Iowa? Besides a killer AG department?

Umm Iowa has been to 2 BCS bowl since Illini were last in one. Ironically Iowa doesnt really have much of an ag department ( Iowa State does though). Iowa has a top 25 medical, education, management and law university though.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but illini is in illinois and chicago where MJ played is in illinois, so if so factso Illini is better

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. You waterboys are funny. So Iowa's to 2 BCS games and we've been to 1. PILLOW FIGHT!!! And what about basketball? Since that's the topic here..

Sorry I can't give you the ratings for bball today versus back then, but I can tell you MANY more people liked bball back then and MANY people prefer not to watch the NBA (thug league) today.

That is all.

Good luck to your Hawkeyes. Hope they make the NCAA tourney in the next decade.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. You waterboys are funny. So Iowa's to 2 BCS games and we've been to 1. PILLOW FIGHT!!! And what about basketball? Since that's the topic here..

Sorry I can't give you the ratings for bball today versus back then, but I can tell you MANY more people liked bball back then and MANY people prefer not to watch the NBA (thug league) today.

That is all.

Good luck to your Hawkeyes. Hope they make the NCAA tourney in the next decade.

Actually Iowa is a top 15 all time basketball program so we are just fine there and will likely be a top 10-20 type team preseason next year. Anyway the POINT is that more people DID NOT watch the NBA in the 90's, more people watched in the 80's and the 2000's than the 90's. Thats not me espousing opinion. Its based on actual facts. Anyway heres to hoping your punk bitch of a PG decides to take his diaper off next year and lace them up. If that happens the Bulls will be really good.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Iowa is a top 15 all time basketball program so we are just fine there and will likely be a top 10-20 type team preseason next year.

Wow you are clueless. Iowa's a top 15 all time college basketball program? And who has come out of Iowa to do anything in the NBA? And when is the last time you made the NCAA tourney or even the NIT. What is wrong with you?! Lmao Top 15 all time that is hilarious. When was the last time you were over .500 in the Big 10!??

Anyway the POINT is that more people DID NOT watch the NBA in the 90's, more people watched in the 80's and the 2000's than the 90's.

Again you must have something wrong with you... The entire world watched bball in the 90's - Dream Team, along with Michael Jordan. He was huge and took the NBA worldwide. Hardly anyone watches the playoffs like they used to. Kids don't sit around during the early summer and watch the NBA playoffs anymore. No idea what's wrong with you, but you need to stop because you are clueless.

And D Rose is better with 1 leg than any of the current Lakers PG's. At least we went out swinging and not like a bunch of fairies, even without D Rose.