• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pippen said what???

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what makes me laugh about people who say this. They never have anything to back it up. Let me help. He had a headache and couldnt go, he pouted on the bench when Phil went with Kukoc for the last shot. Oh I forgot. He didnt win a ring when Jordan left. Did I miss anything? You got any other reason besides those? I think people who dont really know basketball downplay Pippen when all of his peers say otherwise.

I never downplayed anything with Pippen. I simply pointed out that if someone is rated higher than they should be, they are overrated.

It's all opinion anyway. In your opinion, Pippen is not overrated. All that you really have to back that up is some list of opinions that he is a top 50 player. Others have a different opinion and in their opinion, he is overrated.

Additionally, there is more than just him not winning any titles after Jordan left!! He went to a pretty stacked Houston team and a pretty stacked Portland team and couldn't even get back to the finals, much less win another title.

In fact, in Portland, he was part of a pretty bad choke job vs. the Lakers in the WCF!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never downplayed anything with Pippen. I simply pointed out that if someone is rated higher than they should be, they are overrated.

Who determines how high they should be? I know you dont speak for the masses. I think I will go with the people that put him on the 50 greatest. I have no proof to think otherwise.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The title alone means I won't be watching that. "Power and grace?" :rollseyes: Gimme a fuckin BREAK, man.
Or could it be that you just want to close your eyes to the truth? Comeon Hammer I know youre better than that. BTW what on earth makes you think Clyde would be able to get off on Pippen?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who determines how high they should be? I know you dont speak for the masses. I think I will go with the people that put him on the 50 greatest. I have no proof to think otherwise.

And you have no proof that those whose "opinion" put him in the top 50 of all-time are correct either. Again, it's all opinion.

The difference is that you seem to think that your opinion=fact!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen's still mad about always being "Robin".
He got his chance to be the man in Houston and Portland and failed to do so.
He just needs to STFU.

:hdn:

He of all pple would know. He is telling the truth, why would he be mad. Ge eon a shit ton of ships w/ MJ. He speaks TRUTH people!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or could it be that you just want to close your eyes to the truth? Comeon Hammer I know youre better than that. BTW what on earth makes you think Clyde would be able to get off on Pippen?

You know, they did play against each other in the Finals in 92..........I don't recall Pippen shutting down Drexler, although I can't say he guarded him mainly......but most likely during the series he did guard him.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you have no proof that those whose "opinion" put him in the top 50 of all-time are correct either. Again, it's all opinion.

The difference is that you seem to think that your opinion=fact!!
Thats a pretty confusing statement. There is a top 50 list. Pippen is on it. He was put on it with other players that you think should be on it correct? He was put on it by people that had an opinion that you seem to pick and choose based on your preferences. Whats wrong with this picture? Your opinion is way more likely to be wrong than mine is.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, they did play against each other in the Finals in 92..........I don't recall Pippen shutting down Drexler, although I can't say he guarded him mainly......but most likely during the series he did guard him.
MJ guarded him specifically because MJ want to squash all the noise about who was the better SG at the time. What MJ did to Clyde on defense would have been magnified if Pippen was on him because he was longer and a better defensive player than MJ.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw...it was probably a joke<---a truthful joke

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ guarded him specifically because MJ want to squash all the noise about who was the better SG at the time. What MJ did to Clyde on defense would have been magnified if Pippen was on him because he was longer and a better defensive player than MJ.

I can now die because I've officially heard it all. :laugh3:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can now die because I've officially heard it all. :laugh3:

I have to agree with Montsho here......Pippen defensively was MUCH better than Jordan.

You couldn't get around Pippen......he had such a long reach and wingspan.

As great as MJ was, some of you keep creating these fish stories about him that just get bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger.......

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a pretty confusing statement. There is a top 50 list. Pippen is on it. He was put on it with other players that you think should be on it correct? He was put on it by people that had an opinion that you seem to pick and choose based on your preferences. Whats wrong with this picture? Your opinion is way more likely to be wrong than mine is.

First of all, I never said that Pippen doesn't belong on the list. He can be a top 50 player of all-time and still be overrated. For example, if he is rated as the #25 player of all-time when maybe he should be the #35 player of all-time, then he is overrated.

Again, all I did was point out that not everyone's opinion agrees with your opinion and that doesn't make THEM wrong anymore than their opinion makes yours wrong.

There is much that I don't agree with on these types of lists. For example, I don't consider MJ to be the GOAT. I know that is blasphemy, but in my opinion, Magic is the GOAT!! Based on that opinion, that means that for me, Magic is underrated and MJ is overrated.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen was a better defender than MJ, he was their Artest. No offense to Pippen.

He was lanky and bigger than MJ.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I never said that Pippen doesn't belong on the list. He can be a top 50 player of all-time and still be overrated. For example, if he is rated as the #25 player of all-time when maybe he should be the #35 player of all-time, then he is overrated.

Again, all I did was point out that not everyone's opinion agrees with your opinion and that doesn't make THEM wrong anymore than their opinion makes yours wrong.

There is much that I don't agree with on these types of lists. For example, I don't consider MJ to be the GOAT. I know that is blasphemy, but in my opinion, Magic is the GOAT!! Based on that opinion, that means that for me, Magic is underrated and MJ is overrated.
I get that. I really do. What I am asking for is something to back up your opinion that Pippen is overrated. If its your opinion most people have something to back it up other than "well I just say so". If thats the case then why even post? Let me ask you this. Do you think MJ wins 6 rings without Pippen?

cju84

Logic Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scottie Pippen is

a.) the ugliest man to ever lace up in the NBA (and yes, that does include Bill Walton and Larry Bird), and...
b.) the most over-rated basketball player in the history of the game.

Sam Cassell?

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen was a better defender than MJ, he was their Artest. No offense to Pippen.

He was lanky and bigger than MJ.

Redundant....

Mj was stronger, would have more steals and block shots. Also once won dpoy...Mj was the better defender....