• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pippen said what???

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redundant....

Mj was stronger, would have more steals and block shots. Also once won dpoy...Mj was the better defender....
Sorry try again.

MJ was a world class defender but Pippen was better at it than MJ and more versatile with it to boot. Pip could guard 1-4 MJ 1-3.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. I really do. What I am asking for is something to back up your opinion that Pippen is overrated. If its your opinion most people have something to back it up other than "well I just say so". If thats the case then why even post? Let me ask you this. Do you think MJ wins 6 rings without Pippen?

Yes, I think MJ would get 6 rings without Pippen as long as he got another player of Pippens caliber. Whether it be small forward, power forward or center.

As for Pippen getting ANY rings without MJ, we saw that. He played on a stacked Rockets team and a stacked Trailblazers team and couldn't even get to the finals.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Redundant....

Mj was stronger, would have more steals and block shots. Also once won dpoy...Mj was the better defender....

:lol:

We aren't talking about player, just defense...Pippen was one of the greatest defenders and a lot like LBJ, being versatile. MJ was as well great, not better than Pippen

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I think MJ would get 6 rings without Pippen as long as he got another player of Pippens caliber. Whether it be small forward, power forward or center.

Like who for instance? This will be interesting.

As for Pippen getting ANY rings without MJ, we saw that. He played on a stacked Rockets team and a stacked Trailblazers team and couldn't even get to the finals.

That would be a great point if Pip was in his prime with those teams. However, I did not say Pip was better than MJ. I just believe that MJ would not have won 6 rings without Pippen riding shotgun. I dont think you can just replace him and get the same results.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like who for instance? This will be interesting.

That would be a great point if Pip was in his prime with those teams. However, I did not say Pip was better than MJ. I just believe that MJ would not have won 6 rings without Pippen riding shotgun. I dont think you can just replace him and get the same results.

Let's see, how about:

Karl Malone
Hakeem Olajuwon
Charles Barkley
Shaquille O' Neal
Clyde Drexler (although he'd have to slide over to small forward)

Just to name a few!!

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see, how about:

Karl Malone
Hakeem Olajuwon
Charles Barkley
Shaquille O' Neal
Clyde Drexler (although he'd have to slide over to small forward)

Just to name a few!!

:laugh3: LMAO about Drexler. Besides Drexler are any of these players overrated in your opinion?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERY generation thinks that THEIR guy is the GOAT. My Dad says Bill Russell was ( because hes a Celts fan and because Russell played in his generation). My older sister says Magic is the best shes ever seen ( because shes a Lakers fan and because she grew up watching him), my genration says MJ is the best because we were the first genration lucky enough to see ALL his exploits broadcast everyday all day, the younger generation will eventually say that LBJ is the GOAT because he is their guy. Arguing about the GOAT will never end because we will always think the guy we saw with our own 2 eyes is better than the guy we saw highlights of or were told about by our Dad. Same goes for every sport with the possible exception of hockey where its almost impossible to use stats to say anyone other than Gretzky.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: LMAO about Drexler. Besides Drexler are any of these players overrated in your opinion?

You can laugh about Drexler all that you want. As you say about Pippen. There is a list of the top 50 all-time players and Drexler is on it.

Also, I never said that I believe that Pippen is overrated. I simply pointed out that you having the opinion that he is NOT overrated, doesn't mean that he isn't.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can laugh about Drexler all that you want. As you say about Pippen. There is a list of the top 50 all-time players and Drexler is on it.

Also, I never said that I believe that Pippen is overrated. I simply pointed out that you having the opinion that he is NOT overrated, doesn't mean that he isn't.
i was laughing at your mention of Drexler because he was jealous of MJ. Those 2 would not have won anything together. The others I agree more or less but you didn't answer my question about if you thought they were overrated.

So are you backing off this previous statement?

Uh, if you are ranked in the top 50 of all-time and you don't belong among the top 50 of all-time, then you are the very definition of overrated!!

How am I to take that statement when you replied to my question of why someone would think Pippen is considered overrated?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was laughing at your mention of Drexler because he was jealous of MJ. Those 2 would not have won anything together. The others I agree more or less but you didn't answer my question about if you thought they were overrated.

I'm not certain that any of them are overrated. If memory serves, the list of 50 greatest players wasn't put in any particular order other than alphabetical. So, I would need to see a list of how they ranked to determine if I felt they were overrated or not. Outside of that, if you're on the top 50 list, you were pretty darn good!!

How am I to take that statement when you replied to my question of why someone would think Pippen is considered overrated?

In my comment, I never mentioned Pippen by name. I was simply pointing out that if someone is ranked higher than they should be, they are overrated. These things are all based on opinion, you were telling others that there opinions were wrong.

The way the top 50 list that I have seen is set up, it's difficult to say that any of those players are overrated. Now, if someone were to actually rank them, there could be some discussion about whether or not any of them are overrated.

As I pointed out earlier, most think that MJ is the GOAT. I believe that Magic is the GOAT, so for me, MJ would be overrated.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERY generation thinks that THEIR guy is the GOAT. My Dad says Bill Russell was ( because hes a Celts fan and because Russell played in his generation). My older sister says Magic is the best shes ever seen ( because shes a Lakers fan and because she grew up watching him), my genration says MJ is the best because we were the first genration lucky enough to see ALL his exploits broadcast everyday all day, the younger generation will eventually say that LBJ is the GOAT because he is their guy. Arguing about the GOAT will never end because we will always think the guy we saw with our own 2 eyes is better than the guy we saw highlights of or were told about by our Dad. Same goes for every sport with the possible exception of hockey where its almost impossible to use stats to say anyone other than Gretzky.

Your dad is right, Russell is the GOAT, 11 rings don't lie, but I don't want to hijack this thread. There seems to be two extreme sides that are argued on Pippen. One is that he is the 2nd best player of all time (this is the more ridiculous one) and the other is he is one of the most overrated players of all time, not even a top 50 player (ridiculous but not as ridiculous as being a top 10 player). Pippen was great although I don't think he would have been able to lead his team to a championship as the top dog. Does this mean someone like Dirk is better than Pippen? I think so, even if Pippen accomplished more as the #2 guy than Dirk as the #1. I see Pippen as being around a top 30 or 40 player, but some Jordan stans underrate him and try to portray him as being just another player made great by Jordan.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my comment, I never mentioned Pippen by name. I was simply pointing out that if someone is ranked higher than they should be, they are overrated. These things are all based on opinion, you were telling others that there opinions were wrong.

:wtf2:

Thats pretty odd to me that you say I was telling others their opinion was wrong. I dont see that anywhere. I did see Hammer call my opinion BS. Why did you see fit to correct me for defending my opinion but had nothing to say and even supported Hammer? Is it because he is an admin?

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this bickering about GOAT is moot because in 5 years every one will say it is Lebron regardless if he is really better than Kareem and Russell or not.

Basically the media is really lazy. This is the exact same thing MJ went through, they didn't even change the complaints. The fact of the matter is that having the GOAT currently playing creates hype, sells tickets and that makes money.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alonzo Mourning said that Pippen said that his mom said that Pippen said that BJ Armstrong said that Steve Kerr said that Pippen said that Jordan and Lebron would be no match. Lebron would kick his ass.

Please Heat fans. Show me 2 three-peats and we will chat.

MJ would :hdn: Lebron and Pippen knows it. Zo (who works for the Heat btw) is trying to make LBJ feel good about himself.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen could have D up Lebron and would give LBJ one hell of matchup. Please. Jordan could not be stopped and Lebron would not have even been able to dribble versus MJ.

For those who think Pippen was overrated, go look at film. Go look at the dunk on Patrick Ewing to start.

Good luck Heat. You need to win 2 more and then 3 more. In a row!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
show me 11 rings of 13 years and we will talk

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MJ and Pippen could lock down ANYONE's backcourt! And offense? Please.

11 rings in 13 years in the 1960's? WOW! :kk:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats funny. My eyeball test tells me that Kobe has repeatedly choked in the Finals on the biggest of all stages. His teammates have constantly had to bail him out while he was determined to lose the game by chucking up 3 pt shots with half of the opposing team and their mascot guarding him. I wonder why those pesky stats agree with me? BTW Sman.....stop sucking Kobes dick.

:bj: :bj: :bj:

Are you guys on crack? How is Pippen over rated? You dont get selected to 50 greatest all time by being over rated. You dont have to take my word for it. Look up what his peers thought about him including MJ. Pippen was excellence personified.

Pippen would own Drexler in a head to head matchup. Are you kidding me! I cant really speak to Dr J because I did not see him play in his prime. You evidently forgot what Pippen did when Jordan retired. You dont lead your team in every statistical category, win ASG MVP, and get your team a bad call away from the ECFs being over rated. Your comment that he is overrated is what is nonsensical.

This is what makes me laugh about people who say this. They never have anything to back it up. Let me help. He had a headache and couldnt go, he pouted on the bench when Phil went with Kukoc for the last shot. Oh I forgot. He didnt win a ring when Jordan left. Did I miss anything? You got any other reason besides those? I think people who dont really know basketball downplay Pippen when all of his peers say otherwise.

Or could it be that you just want to close your eyes to the truth? Comeon Hammer I know youre better than that. BTW what on earth makes you think Clyde would be able to get off on Pippen?

Thats a pretty confusing statement. There is a top 50 list. Pippen is on it. He was put on it with other players that you think should be on it correct? He was put on it by people that had an opinion that you seem to pick and choose based on your preferences. Whats wrong with this picture? Your opinion is way more likely to be wrong than mine is.

Sorry try again.

MJ was a world class defender but Pippen was better at it than MJ and more versatile with it to boot. Pip could guard 1-4 MJ 1-3.

While you didn't exactly come out and tell anyone they were wrong, I'd say that the above quotes make your thought pretty clear!! :becky: