• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Pick 1 RB to have in your backfield

Pick 1 RB to have in your backfield.

• Zeke Elliot - Dallas

• Saquon Barkley - NYG

• Christian McCaffrey - CAR

• The corpse of Todd Gurley - LAR

• Nick Chubb - CLE

• David Johnson (remember him?) - AZ

• Sony Michel - NE

• Joe Mixon - CIN

• Chris Carson - Seattle

• Derrick Henry - TEN

• Philip Lindsay - DEN

• James Conner - PITT

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So?? I'm giving you my opinion . Advanced stats had Barkley as the 4th most efficient blocker last year amongst RBs too but I'm just talking about what I see. You're free to disagree as we can both post stats and quotes all day long but you and I both know the Broncos would trade Lindsay for Barkley on less time than it took you to read this
But you were talking about pass protection and we all know you have no clue if he is good or not in this area.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you were talking about pass protection and we all know you have no clue if he is good or not in this area.
Why would I have no clue? I'm quite sure I know what I'm looking at and I can also read so I know the efficiency numbers . Do I watch every play of every game? No. I have a life . But none of that is relevant to the OP anyway. There's not a team in the NFL who wouldn't trade their back for Barkley . Not Dallas, not the Rams , no one . WORST case is Barkley is already as good as anyone in the league and he's younger and cheaper for longer .

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah now I see. You're from Ohio . Makes sense . Homer it up

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I have no clue? I'm quite sure I know what I'm looking at and I can also read so I know the efficiency numbers . Do I watch every play of every game? No. I have a life . But none of that is relevant to the OP anyway. There's not a team in the NFL who wouldn't trade their back for Barkley . Not Dallas, not the Rams , no one . WORST case is Barkley is already as good as anyone in the league and he's younger and cheaper for longer .
I suspect this could be the case, but you certainly don't know. Never mind the idea "it's not even close" is absurd.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah now I see. You're from Ohio . Makes sense . Homer it up
Has nothing to do with being from Ohio. At the time, I actually was not so sure about Joey Bosa as an NFL prospect and he would not be my top pick of DEs in the NFL. Even said I could see taking Barkley over Zeke. It's very close for me. Based on Barkley being in the league 2 years less and Zeke with off-the-field issues, I'd rather have Barkley.

But nice deflection.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect this could be the case, but you certainly don't know. Never mind the idea "it's not even close" is absurd.
Given all aspects ( age and money ) it's not close . If you took 10 seconds to think about the difference in age and team control for Barkley vs the other too guys you'd see that as well

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given all aspects ( age and money ) it's not close . If you took 10 seconds to think about the difference in age and team control for Barkley vs the other too guys you'd see that as well
But one can read "who you want in your backfield" as RIGHT NOW. And in that respect it is close as there are other elite backs.

ALL aspects I'd take Barkley over Zeke, but it's not based on what they can do on the field.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tell me this - when, given age and money - what makes Barkley better than Kamara? He's got 1 fewer year left on his contract, but he's got a salary that's 1/7th what Barkley makes a year, with a 5.1 career YPC average and back-to-back 81 catch seasons while averaging 1.5 more yards per catch than Barkley. Just on field alone, you can say Kamara has been at least as good as Barkley, and it's at a tiny fraction of the cost.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tell me this - when, given age and money - what makes Barkley better than Kamara? He's got 1 fewer year left on his contract, but he's got a salary that's 1/7th what Barkley makes a year, with a 5.1 career YPC average and back-to-back 81 catch seasons while averaging 1.5 more yards per catch than Barkley. Just on field alone, you can say Kamara has been at least as good as Barkley, and it's at a tiny fraction of the cost.
Neither of them make much now but both will in a few years . Kamara gets bumped down for me because I don't know if he's partly product of the system there . The Saints run more screens than any team in the league and obviously there's a big talent gap between Eli and Brees. That said if take Kamara over Zeke and Gurley too for long term ( same with McCaffrey ). All those guys 2-7/8 are pretty interchangeable imo so it really comes down to team control and how much I think their success is due to what's around them .

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironically I remember having this debate last year re Bell. I said I'd take McCaffrey over him all day and 75% of the people here said I was nuts lol. Tides turn quick I guess

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of them make much now but both will in a few years . Kamara gets bumped down for me because I don't know if he's partly product of the system there . The Saints run more screens than any team in the league and obviously there's a big talent gap between Eli and Brees. That said if take Kamara over Zeke and Gurley too for long term ( same with McCaffrey ). All those guys 2-7/8 are pretty interchangeable imo so it really comes down to team control and how much I think their success is due to what's around them .
I am fairly certain most RBs with high reception numbers are grabbing their fair share of screens, Barkley included. Kamara has been a beast. He actually has hit 6 YPC, also.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take Sweetness

Understandable, but totally different style runner....And the point was that these RB's are not the same caliber as the greats of old...
I like a power RB that will get the yardage even if the box is loaded, Earl was that kind of runner...

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley should win this poll in Secretariat like fashion........

Maybe this poll, but in reality if I had to pick between him and Zeke, it would be Zeke...
If he ever gets a full season in without suspension or injury, he may break into the 2k few group..
The most productive rb of the here and now without question in my mind....

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fairly certain most RBs with high reception numbers are grabbing their fair share of screens, Barkley included. Kamara has been a beast. He actually has hit 6 YPC, also.
Well of course but the Saints RUN that play more than anyone else and have a far better QB and OL. They said Barkley is still the better receiving back ( 1st in catch % amongst all backs, 1st in yards created after catch ) . Everyone is relatively cheap on their rookie deal and both there guys are going to get paid after their rookie deal is up. Kamara will just get there a little sooner

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understandable, but totally different style runner....And the point was that these RB's are not the same caliber as the greats of old...
I like a power RB that will get the yardage even if the box is loaded, Earl was that kind of runner...

No doubt, but the game has changed. It's doesn't mean they aren't the same caliber, they are just a different style. Most great RB's right now can catch the ball out of the backfield and at a high rate, even line up in the slot like WR. Much more versatile.

Also, running over LB's isn't going to work much in these day and age. A lot of these LB's are as fast as RB's and weigh 250+

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close, but Zeke... for now. Saquon is in great position to leap frog him, though.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Payton was all power and physicality. So, he blows past your standards. His whole shtick was choosing contact over running around a guy.

BostonBlackie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What RB contributed the most to a SB ring? Sony Michel, my pick.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with other and was a homer picking the running back from last year with the highest yards per carry with at least 100 caries and that would be Aaron Jones at 5.5 yards per carry. The new GB offense will be much more run oriented so he will get the ball more and there will be much more passing to the running backs. If you are in a PPR league in fantasy he would be a good sleeper pick later in the draft.