• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phoenix Suns dumpster watch!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was scared the Suns were about to beat the Spurs for a while. We must be setting a record for most d-league call ups in a season. I hardly recognize our roster.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we know all these guys are expendable. Their stats don't mean a whole lot if they can't win a single game post-Hornacek. Bunch of sidekick players...the problem is the Suns have no superheros.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we know all these guys are expendable. Their stats don't mean a whole lot if they can't win a single game post-Hornacek. Bunch of sidekick players...the problem is the Suns have no superheros.

The issue moving forward is whether the Suns feature anyone who makes the guys around him better. If Eric Bledsoe or Brandon Knight could pass like Phil Pressey, for example, Phoenix would be in much better shape moving forward, and younger players such as Alex Len and Devin Booker would be more dangerous. There is some talent on the roster, especially once Bledsoe, Knight, and Warren return (Bledsoe and Warren not until next season, obviously), but there is no linchpin who ties matters together. And in the NBA, floating pieces of talent that fail to form a cohesive unit will not translate to much success.

Of course, the upcoming draft, with two potential lottery picks and one that should be a top-three selection, will be critical.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An absolute must lose game today versus Brooklyn. Two terrible teams fighting for a potential #1 pick. I think the Nets are favored. If the Suns win thats a two game swing in favor of the Nets.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An absolute must lose game today versus Brooklyn. Two terrible teams fighting for a potential #1 pick. I think the Nets are favored. If the Suns win thats a two game swing in favor of the Nets.

You know the Suns are bad when they are 2 point underdogs at home to the 4th worst team in the NBA.

The importance of this game cannot be understated. Suns fans will surely be leaving work early to be sure they don't miss a second of this bad boy. The follies will be endless and bench players masquerading as legit NBA starters will be on full display on both sides of the court for once in a Phoenix home game.

This is a must-lose for the Suns. If they can get past this one, I see no reason they can't run their losing streak to well over 20 going forward.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the Suns are bad when they are 2 point underdogs at home to the 4th worst team in the NBA.

The importance of this game cannot be understated. Suns fans will surely be leaving work early to be sure they don't miss a second of this bad boy. The follies will be endless and bench players masquerading as legit NBA starters will be on full display on both sides of the court for once in a Phoenix home game.

This is a must-lose for the Suns. If they can get past this one, I see no reason they can't run their losing streak to well over 20 going forward.

Subplot: does Joe Johnson return and help the Suns by playing well or hurt the Suns by playing poorly?

Suns7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Subplot: does Joe Johnson return and help the Suns by playing well or hurt the Suns by playing poorly?

Joe Johnson was just waived so he's a non-factor now.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Johnson was just waived so he's a non-factor now.

He would have been the X-factor. FiveThirtyEight has the Suns with a 66% of winning! NO!!!

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns did better (or worse) than I thought. The Nets pretty much controlled the game from the tipoff. Are we really that much worse than another very bad team? Not that I have a problem with it because I am all in on Ben Simmons but wow. Teletevic had a huge game though. I hope we keep him next season.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns did better (or worse) than I thought. The Nets pretty much controlled the game from the tipoff. Are we really that much worse than another very bad team? Not that I have a problem with it because I am all in on Ben Simmons but wow. Teletevic had a huge game though. I hope we keep him next season.

No problem here either. I hope they lose out the rest of the season. I was (Fake) impressed with the Suns effort. They continue to show they suck even worse than we thought. Brooklyn, a total garbage team, proved they were far superior with a commanding win in our building.

Is there anyone on this board that knows anyone that goes to Suns games? Even season ticket holders? The only people I could see going that aren't insane are: 1) People that want to see the road team or a road player; 2) Parents that want to bring their kids to a game just to see one; 3) People that lost a bet.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem here either. I hope they lose out the rest of the season. I was (Fake) impressed with the Suns effort. They continue to show they suck even worse than we thought. Brooklyn, a total garbage team, proved they were far superior with a commanding win in our building.

Is there anyone on this board that knows anyone that goes to Suns games? Even season ticket holders? The only people I could see going that aren't insane are: 1) People that want to see the road team or a road player; 2) Parents that want to bring their kids to a game just to see one; 3) People that lost a bet.

Marcus Morris:

I don't even know what this is out here.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Morris:

He's a tool. He and his brother were part of the reason plenty of fans didn't shop up to watch the Suns. The Morris twins were never into taking responsibility for anything.

I love Phoenix fans. If you win or even remotely competitive, the stands will be full. If you're a joke, there aren't going to be any sell outs. Seats will be empty. Capitalism at work. A garbage organization like the Suns doesn't deserve a fan base that shows up no matter the product.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a tool. He and his brother were part of the reason plenty of fans didn't shop up to watch the Suns. The Morris twins were never into taking responsibility for anything.

I love Phoenix fans. If you win or even remotely competitive, the stands will be full. If you're a joke, there aren't going to be any sell outs. Seats will be empty. Capitalism at work. A garbage organization like the Suns doesn't deserve a fan base that shows up no matter the product.

What I never understood is why people thought that Markieff Morris constituted some kind of cornerstone who could push this team over the top. He was a decent player before this season—quite good when he was on his game—but his level of play proved erratic and he failed to excel in any area.

As for Marcus Morris, he is barely shooting 30 percent on threes this season.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers won!!!

WTF was Memphis doing losing to Phoenix? They've owned us when we were really good and now that the Suns are beyond garbage...they lose.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we won again. Looks like Philly is going to get Simmons. Those bastards still only have 8 wins.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we won again. Looks like Philly is going to get Simmons. Those bastards still only have 8 wins.

The Suns' chances of finishing with the worst record overall were always very slim. However, keep in mind that that the worst record certainly does not guarantee the first pick. As long as Phoenix finishes with one of the three worst records, the Suns will possess a fair chance of winning the lottery.

That chance would improve with the worst record in the West, which I thought that Phoenix could nab, but the two recent wins have diminished that chance, although it still exists. The Suns are now four and a half games up on the Lakers, which is a little surprising given that Los Angeles features better players right now, in light of Phoenix's injuries. But the Lakers may possess the ultimate "tank" enabler: Kobe Bryant. The guy is one of the least effective players in the NBA, he ought to be retired, and if he is still playing, he ought to be attempting about five field goals per game. Instead, he is averaging a team-leading 16.5 field goal attempts per game (in just 28.8 minutes per contest), shooting .351 from the field and .274 on threes in 7.0 attempts per game for a .459 True Shooting Percentage. Despite a lack of media acknowledgement on his celebratory farewell tour, Bryant has been so awful that he is giving the Lakers the best shot at the West's worst record and the NBA's second-worst record behind Philadelphia.

Perhaps the Suns could bring Charles Barkley out of retirement and run their half-court offense through him circa 1993. That would be the equivalent of what the Lakers have done with Kobe Bryant: the perfect "tank" strategy.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Suns' chances of finishing with the worst record overall were always very slim. However, keep in mind that that the worst record certainly does not guarantee the first pick. As long as Phoenix finishes with one of the three worst records, the Suns will possess a fair chance of winning the lottery.

That chance would improve with the worst record in the West, which I thought that Phoenix could nab, but the two recent wins have diminished that chance, although it still exists. The Suns are now four and a half games up on the Lakers, which is a little surprising given that Los Angeles features better players right now, in light of Phoenix's injuries. But the Lakers may possess the ultimate "tank" enabler: Kobe Bryant. The guy is one of the least effective players in the NBA, he ought to be retired, and if he is still playing, he ought to be attempting about five field goals per game. Instead, he is averaging a team-leading 16.5 field goal attempts per game (in just 28.8 minutes per contest), shooting .351 from the field and .274 on threes in 7.0 attempts per game for a .459 True Shooting Percentage. Despite a lack of media acknowledgement on his celebratory farewell tour, Bryant has been so awful that he is giving the Lakers the best shot at the West's worst record and the NBA's second-worst record behind Philadelphia.

Perhaps the Suns could bring Charles Barkley out of retirement and run their half-court offense through him circa 1993. That would be the equivalent of what the Lakers have done with Kobe Bryant: the perfect "tank" strategy.

LOL I'm 100% behind that idea. Seeing Sir Charles suit them up again at his age would actually be a reason to watch a Suns game.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I'm 100% behind that idea. Seeing Sir Charles suit them up again at his age would actually be a reason to watch a Suns game.

How could Sarver resist? He would sell out the arena again ...

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the F is wrong with the Suns? The Lakers go and pull off a miracle beating the Warriors and the Suns respond with a two game win streak?

One thing is official...Memphis is not a contender.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the F is wrong with the Suns? The Lakers go and pull off a miracle beating the Warriors and the Suns respond with a two game win streak?

One thing is official...Memphis is not a contender

Well, the Grizzlies are certainly not the same with Marc Gasol done for the year ... as evidenced by losing to Phoenix twice. Tony Allen also did not play in either game, and Zach Randolph seems to be past his prime.

Last edited: