• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My 2014 1st Round Mock

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Houston Texans – Jadeveon Clowney, DE - South Caronlina
• He’s the best player in the draft and they pick #1.

2. TRADE! Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Johnny Manziel, QB - Texas A&M
• Rumors have been swirling that Tampa Bay wants Manziel, I think its safe to call it a major risk to not move ahead of Cleveland if they really want him.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars – Sammy Watkins, WR - Clemson
• Justin Blackmon has been a black eye on the organization, Watkins doesn’t have such character issues.

4. Cleveland Browns – Greg Robinson, OT - Auburn
• He’s a big run blocking brute, the Browns need to rebuild from the inside out.

5. Oakland Raiders - Mike Evans, WR - Texas A&M
• A little bit of a reach in my opinion, but this is the Raiders and he is a receiver.

6. Atlanta Falcons - Khalil Mack, OLB - Buffalo
• Add his to an already strong and fast group of LB’s. They want Clowney but Mack isn’t a bad consolation prize and they don’t have to give up the world to move up for him.

7. St Louis Rams - Jake Matthews, OT - Texas A&M
• After moving down in the draft, adding valuable picks in later rounds, the Rams still get an elite pass protector from the greatest football bloodline of them all.

8. Minnesota Vikings - Blake Bortles, QB - UCF
• There has been rumored interest in Sam Bradford, and there needs to be interest in someone after the Ponder debacle. Bortles is a big pocket passer who would look good with Adrian Peterson behind him.

9. Buffalo Bills - Taylor Lewan, OT - Michigan
• They need an upgrade at TE but taking a TE in the top 10 is worst case scenario for them. With Matthews and Evans gone they go with Lewan who is a top 10 worth blocker.

10. Detroit Lions - Darqueze Dennard, CB - Michigan State
• There’s no secret the Lions need DB help, but is it Gilbert or Dennard, my guess is the local boy.

11. Tennessee Titans - Anthony Barr, OLB - UCLA
• Barr offers an improved pass rush off the edge which will greatly help the Titans after only sacking opposing QB’s 36 times last year.

12. TRADE! San Francisco 49ers - Odell Beckham Jr., WR - LSU
• The Giants have strong interest in Lewan who is now gone, Coach Coughlin always has interest in defensive players like Barr but he is also gone and it seems as if their flirtations with Ebron are souring. The 49ers however have very well know flirtations with Beckham so they move in front of the Rams and Jets to make sure they get the date to Prom.

13. St Louis Rams - Ha'sean Clinton-Dix, S - Alabama
• The Rams need safety help and Haha has all the skills they desire.

14. Chicago Bears - Aaron Donald, DT - Pittsburgh
• The Bears love interior defense, Donald is a man among boys at DT.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers - C.J. Mosley, ILB - Alabama
• The Steelers drafted Jarvis Jones last year to replace Harrison and now need to find an inside partner for Timmons, Mosley has all the skills and 3-4 ILB experience.

16. Dallas Cowboys - Calvin Pryor, S - Louisville
• The Cowboys need to build their defensive box but with Barr, Donald, and Mosley all off the board a play making safety will have to do.

17. Baltimore Ravens - Eric Ebron, TE - North Carolina
• Flacco would love a big, fast, target roaming the middle forcing opposing secondary’s to collapse opening up deep routes for Torrey Smith.

18. New York Jets – Brandin Cooks, WR - Oregon State
• The Jets need a target for whoever starts for them at QB, Cooks can produce that.

19. Miami Dolphins - Zack Martin, G - Notre Dame
• The Dolphins need a really, really ugly, beast to block in the run game, Martin is probably the best run blocker in this draft after Robinson.

20. Arizona Cardinals - Teddy Bridgewater, QB – Louisville
• Its no secret that Arizona is looking for a successor to Palmer. The 34 year old QB has 2 years left on his contract so its not too early to develop a younger passer. At 20 this pick is an excellent value.

21. Green Bay Packers - Justin Gilbert, CB - Oklahoma State
• This deep into the draft Gilbert is too good of a player for the Packers to pass up at a position of need.

22. Philadelphia Eagles - Kyle Fuller, CB - Virginia Tech
• I was going to originally have Philly trade up for a CB but in the range I see them moving I don’t see a team not wanting to pick with what was on the board. With Fuller falling to them they’d have to be more than pleased.

23. Kansas City Chiefs - Marqise Lee, WR - USC
• They’d love to add a target for Alex Smith, Lee would seem to fit their system.

24. Cincinnati Bengals - Ryan Shazier, LB - Ohio State
• Shazier can move and add a little flight to the Bengals defense. This is a division won with defenses and the Bengals are looking to build on last years championship.

25. San Diego Chargers - Louis Nix III, DT - Notre Dame
• The Bolts need DT help and Nix has experience anchoring a 3-4. This could be a match made in football heaven.

26. Cleveland Browns - Derek Carr, QB - Fresno State
• Brian Hoyer is the only competent QB on the Browns roster. The Browns need to get their guy in the 1st round so that they get the 5th year option on his contract.

27. New Orleans Saints - Kony Ealy, DE/OLB - Missouri
• The Saints need speed off the edge and Ealy certainly offers that.

28. Carolina Panthers – Morgan Moses, OT - Virginia
• With everyone in Carolina’s back field being a large power blockers up from could lead to an elite run game.

29. New England Patriots - Ra'Shede Hageman, DT - Minnesota
• Its time to start looking to replace Wilfork, Hageman is built in his mold.

30. New York Giants - Xavier Su'a-Filo, G - UCLA
• The Giants were able to trade back 18 picks and receive nice compensation for it still getting a top player at a position of need.

31. Denver Broncos - Cyrus Kouandjio, OT - Alabama
• When you have Peyton Manning all you have to do is keep him off his back and he’ll do the rest.

32. Seattle Seahawks – Gabe Jackson, G - Mississippi State
• Beast mode with a big blocker added to the mix.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did we get for the trade down??

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be pissed with Matthews at 7 if we got a first next year, and I'm sure thats the way Fisher would go but... Where is Matthews going to play? We have two tackles and don't be so sure he's going to walk in and beat out big ass Joe Barksdale. I would love Donald at 7.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cougar, Christmas has arrived! Matthews I believe would beat out Barksdale and take over for Long but remember, his dad was drafted as a LT and was one hell of a guard in the NFL and that could happen again.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cougar, Christmas has arrived! Matthews I believe would beat out Barksdale and take over for Long but remember, his dad was drafted as a LT and was one hell of a guard in the NFL and that could happen again.

I just want an impact player with our first 2 picks. It would be different if we didn't have two starting tackles. If u look up stats Joe has done a pretty good job over there. I just don't see him at guard he doesn't have the build and doesn't excel at run blocking. But like I said I could live with it. the 2015 pick would be big.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't project what teams got in the trades because that's so difficult to do. Maybe the Rams wan't a 1st next year, maybe they want a 2nd, obviously they'd be getting good compensation but I can't even come close to guessing their priorities on that so I figured I'd leave it alone.

I do however see the Rams trading up in the 2nd or 3rd round. They already have 12 picks and with a trade back would seem to be adding more. You don't need 15 picks in a draft because then you're drafting people to release.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't project what teams got in the trades because that's so difficult to do. Maybe the Rams wan't a 1st next year, maybe they want a 2nd, obviously they'd be getting good compensation but I can't even come close to guessing their priorities on that so I figured I'd leave it alone.

I do however see the Rams trading up in the 2nd or 3rd round. They already have 12 picks and with a trade back would seem to be adding more. You don't need 15 picks in a draft because then you're drafting people to release.

Gotta think moving from 7 to 1 would take at least 2nd and 3rd this year, if not a 1st next year (in place of the 3rd, or in addition).

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do know that Houston is requesting a 2nd and a 3rd in 2014 and a 1st in 2015 to move up to #1(expample Atlanta). Depending on how far up they go. In your case with trading with Tampa, I would think we would get at least a 2nd and a 3rd in 2014 in exchange for the #2.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta think moving from 7 to 1 would take at least 2nd and 3rd this year, if not a 1st next year (in place of the 3rd, or in addition).

Oh absolutely, I was just mentioning I don't know if they value a 2nd this year over a 1st next year or what. Here's a thought though, what if they move back, get a 2nd and a 1st next year, and then trade those 2 picks for another 1st. Say somewhere around 20th overall. That'd be exciting.