• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phoenix Suns dumpster watch!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the season was over before it ever really began, the only thing left to do is fight (or, not fight) hard for the #1 pick!!! The Suns have sucked themselves into the Top 5 already.

5. PHX 13-30
4. MIN 13-30
3. BRK 11-31
2. LAL 9-34
1. PHI 5-38

It's probably unrealistic to think they could catch Philly. They've probably already surpassed PHI's win potential with the 13 they have now.

But I'm not giving up on them yet. Getting slaughtered by 30 recently to Minnesota showed their dedication is far greater than their competitors. Their next four are SA, ATL, PHI (!), and CLE. That Philly game LOOMS LARGE! I can hardly contain my excitement anticipating another chapter in this budding rivalry...

SpartyNash13

Spartan Dawg
Hoopla Cash
$ 963.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't watched one second or gone out of my way to get a score update on a Suns game since they lost to the Sixers. I pray they lose every game the rest of the year.

I've been a Suns fan since 2006 and was a Pistons fan from about 1999-2006. Of those teams this is easily the worst of the bunch.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can forget catching Philly or LA. But they have a legit shot to get enough ping pong balls to hopefully win the 3rd overall pick, which would guarantee them the best player in the draft not named Ben Simmons and one other player

of course, Suns can always get lucky and win 1st pick (hah yeah right), but this should FINALLY be the draft the Suns can get a legit future star

But hey, maybe like a few years ago at #5, they can always just take another role player like Len LOL

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can forget catching Philly or LA. But they have a legit shot to get enough ping pong balls to hopefully win the 3rd overall pick, which would guarantee them the best player in the draft not named Ben Simmons and one other player

of course, Suns can always get lucky and win 1st pick (hah yeah right), but this should FINALLY be the draft the Suns can get a legit future star

But hey, maybe like a few years ago at #5, they can always just take another role player like Len LOL

Well...let's not lose hope yet! Ish Smith led the Sixers to a shocking victory last night!! The gap is closing!!

Sadly, the other turds all lost (LAL, BRK, MIN). Spotlight on the Suns to counter tonight and against San Antonio I expect an epic failure.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now the best thing to do is give Booker extended minutes and experience and not care about the outcome of games. Getting a chance to draft Simmons would be the best in the long term. He's easily the best talent to come out of college since Anthony Davis.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the Suns could fall below the Lakers. Either way, they should finish the year with one of the three-worst records, which would give them a decent shot at the first overall pick and certainly Phoenix's highest selection since the franchise drafted second overall in 1987 (picking the late Armon Gilliam).

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now the best thing to do is give Booker extended minutes and experience and not care about the outcome of games. Getting a chance to draft Simmons would be the best in the long term. He's easily the best talent to come out of college since Anthony Davis.

Agree. They've completely botched any chance to get something of value for Markieff. Another massive fail by management.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think our Suns have to try to suck any worse.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are they doing?! I guess we know the Hawks are pretenders when they can't beat the Suns B team (the A team wasn't that good to begin with).

And a sign of just why the Suns suck so badly. Archie admitted the last play was drawn up for Alex but he planned to ignore it all along and take the shot.

The T-Wolves also inexplicably won.

Chandler with 27 rebounds.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got blown out by the 76ers for the second time in a season is incredibly embarrassing. I'm really feeling like the Suns might win that bingo ball for Simmons. Just keep losing. Don't fire Hornacek either. Not only is it not his fault but I don't want the team to get pumped up and start actually playing again for a new guy.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got blown out by the 76ers for the second time in a season is incredibly embarrassing. I'm really feeling like the Suns might win that bingo ball for Simmons. Just keep losing. Don't fire Hornacek either. Not only is it not his fault but I don't want the team to get pumped up and start actually playing again for a new guy.

Losing twice to the Sixers is just epic. I 100% agree on not firing Hornacek for that very reason. These spoiled man-children should not get their way and run the coach out of town because they aren't adults yet.

But what the heck was that ATL win? Could seriously bite them later.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, after the big road trip, there's been no real change in the dumpster standings, minus a modest climb by the Sixers. Congrats to the Suns for that. The Hawks win though really made no sense and is going to be one of those "we could have had that one" games you look back on after the year is over.

Next seven: At NY, AT DAL, Tor, Hou, UT, OKC, GS.

Predictions: Automatic losses: At DAL, OKC, GS

The Other 4: I'm concerned about NY. For some reason, Toronto at home worries me. I think Utah will get the job done and Houston should too.

Gonna go with 1-6, but 2-5 wouldn't shock me. We need 0-7 though.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing twice to the Sixers is just epic. I 100% agree on not firing Hornacek for that very reason. These spoiled man-children should not get their way and run the coach out of town because they aren't adults yet.

But what the heck was that ATL win? Could seriously bite them later.

... Paul Millsap did not play for the Hawks. The win was still surprising, especially considering that the Suns were without both Eric Bledsoe and Brandon Knight, but, hey, it is the NBA. Back in 1996, Chicago won 51 more games than the first-year Toronto Raptors, but the Bulls (minus Dennis Rodman) lost at Toronto late in the season.

03/24/1996 NBA Box Score at TOR - basketballreference.com

At the end of the 1997 regular season, the Suns just needed to win their final game, at home versus the lowly, second-year Vancouver Grizzlies, in order to finish the year at .500 (41-41) despite starting the season 0-13 and to clinch the sixth seed in the West. Phoenix played without its best all-around front-court player, Danny Manning, but the game figured to be easy enough: the Grizzlies had won 13 games all season long, 5 on the road, and just 2 over the previous two months. The Suns, meanwhile, were blazing, have won 13 of their last 15 games, with the only two losses coming to teams (the Lakers and the Jazz) that would win at least 56 games that season. Yet almost inexplicably, the Suns lost that final game at home to the Grizzlies by 14 points.

04/19/1997 NBA Box Score at PHO - basketballreference.com

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

... good point.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... good point.

There goes that...they just fired Hornacek!

Terrible for the drive to the bottom. Whoever the interim coach is will be trying to make a name for himself. The man-children on the team may rally around him too. I expect a lot more useless wins over the coming weeks. UGH

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has McDonough done anything to prove he's not retarded? I'm going to start calling McDumbass.

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There goes that...they just fired Hornacek!

Terrible for the drive to the bottom. Whoever the interim coach is will be trying to make a name for himself. The man-children on the team may rally around him too. I expect a lot more useless wins over the coming weeks. UGH

Did we not see this movie three years ago when the Suns constructed a dysfunctional roster, fired Alvin Gentry in the middle of the year, replaced him with Lindsey Hunter, made no progress, and then fired Hunter after the season and replaced him with Jeff Hornacek? McDonough was not around then, but Robert Sarver and Lon Babby obviously were around—so I wonder who is calling the shots now.

Either way, what is the point of firing Hornacek now? He may well have lost the team back in December, but why would anyone expect the Suns to be winning anything without Eric Bledsoe and Brandon Knight (as well as Ronnie Price), especially when they were sub-mediocre with Bledsoe and Knight? Phoenix's starting guards right now (Archie Goodwin and Devin Booker) should both be in college, and the Suns possess no starting-caliber forwards. Without Bledsoe and Knight, this roster is worse than Philadelphia's. Why blame the coach, and why fire him now? The Suns either should have fired Hornacek when they jettisoned those two assistants about a month ago, or Phoenix should have retained him for the remainder of the season. So management or ownership was expecting improvement within a month's time without Bledsoe and eventually Knight (and Price)? And to your point, why would management actually want any more wins when the priority should be accumulating the most lottery balls possible? And even if Hornacek has lost the overall team, Booker was developing nicely under him. As a former All-Star shooting guard who played a similar game in certain respects, would Hornacek not have constituted a good choice to continue teaching Booker for three more months?

The Suns have been run in an inept manner for years now. Bryan Colangelo was not perfect, but he was much better than this mess. Bring him back ...

Heck, bring back Jerry Colangelo, too. The Suns need him as much as the Sixers do, and he belongs with Phoenix.

Last edited:

GMATCa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has McDonough done anything to prove he's not retarded? I'm going to start calling McDumbass.

My question is whether he is this incompetent or if someone (Sarver, Babby, or both) is going over his head ...

For we are seeing a repeat of what we witnessed three years ago, when McDonough was not around ...

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This organization is a mess. Sarver should have fired Hornacek in the first place a month ago if was going to fire him later or let him walk at the end of the season. Why wait until now. And this front office has zero idea how to communicate with players and staff. These are not machines they are dealing with. They are people that should be treated with respect. Suns basketball sucks nowadays. Doubt it gets better anytime soon unfortunately.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While we wait on McDunno to make his next idiotic move....

Big day for the Dumpster watch. We get to see (or, more likely...read about...who watches this team anymore?) if PHX has sabotaged their lottery chances by possibly re-energizing the team with a new coach to get some useless wins tonight with the Raptors in town.

Even bigger is the MIN v. LAL matchup. ONE OF THESE TEAMS HAS TO WIN!!! I'm not sure who I am pulling for. LAL has truly committed to being total garbage so catching them may be unrealistic. Some breathing room with the T-Wolves may be what to root for.