• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies 2021 season thread

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe how many people rag on Hoskins and (while not necessarily giving Bohm a pass) fail to mention Bohm sucking balls. Absolute best-case scenario, Alec Bohm turns into Rhys Hoskins. But a large portion of the fanbase gives Rhys shit for absolutely nothing.
Yeah if Bohm ends up playing first base I'm not sure he'll be Hoskins. He might end up more like Tommy Joseph.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough game for the Phils tonight. Tatis is back. Snell could blow the Phils away if he's on but he could also completely blow up and walk a bunch of guys. Also, he looks like Steve Buscemi on crystal meth.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot watch this crap any more. However, like a loyal fan, I'll return when they win 4 in a row on their way to the pennant. :dhd:
I didn't watch yesterday either and we won. Now I'm trying to figure out which one of us has been jinxing them.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the replay. Great game. You can see the big name players getting more serious now that their playoff hopes are hanging by a thread. Harper and McClutchen* came up big. It looks like they got a break on a strike call to Machado. I think he might be suffering from a condition that I won't name--but it rhymes with "Floyd Cage"

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That announcer sounds like he's brain dead or something

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nola is dealing

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest. They are both putting me to sleep
But Amaro seems like one of those guys who just likes to hear himself talk and never says anything that I couldn't figure out myself. He's the friendly guy that sits next to you on a plane and starts a conversation/monologue when you want to just want to put on the headphones.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too much to ask for the Oreos to break their 16 game losing streak against the Braves?

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Amaro seems like one of those guys who just likes to hear himself talk and never says anything that I couldn't figure out myself. He's the friendly guy that sits next to you on a plane and starts a conversation/monologue when you want to just want to put on the headphones.
Ruben is pretty bad. Not as bad as Jamie Moyer (who I think is the worst I've ever had the misfortunate to listen to) or even probably Matt Stairs but yeah he just can't shut up.

I'm actually kind of impressed with Patrick McCarthy. I agree he's not particularly exciting or interesting but at least he's not shitting his pants in his first game and stumbling over all of his words.

Did you hear Gregg Murphy in the booth last Saturday against the Reds? Also, does T-Mac just get a free pass to call NFL games every single Saturday/Sunday in August/September? God forbid we're tied for first on the final Sunday of the year and they have to put Amaro in to do play-by-play

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ruben is pretty bad. Not as bad as Jamie Moyer (who I think is the worst I've ever had the misfortunate to listen to) or even probably Matt Stairs but yeah he just can't shut up.

I'm actually kind of impressed with Patrick McCarthy. I agree he's not particularly exciting or interesting but at least he's not shitting his pants in his first game and stumbling over all of his words.

Did you hear Gregg Murphy in the booth last Saturday against the Reds? Also, does T-Mac just get a free pass to call NFL games every single Saturday/Sunday in August/September? God forbid we're tied for first on the final Sunday of the year and they have to put Amaro in to do play-by-play
I didn't realize this was McCarthy's first game. He sounds good in that case. But I like the older McCarthy and Kruk. No one can match Harry and Richie but they are entertaining.

Speaking of Harry, I always wanted an alarm clock that woke me up with "LONG DRIVE..................."