• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peterman to be uncaged for the Bears

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nathan Peterman is starting against us this week, with Josh Allen still sidelined and Derek Anderson having suffered a concussion.

Let's just hope the Bears don't go to Buffalo thinking they've already won.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually hoping to see Anderson. He's looked brutal.

Not that Peterman hasn't been atrocious with virtually every opportunity he's gotten... I guess either option has been properly bad.

I think we let up against Osweiler when we blew that lead. Hopefully we learned from that and come out determined to pound Peterman. That's what good teams do.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I normally get nervous when we're facing a new QB for the first time - we seem to be jinxed in those situations. However, in this case, I think it's to our advantage. I have to disagree about Anderson looking brutal. I thought he was starting to get into a groove against the Pats in the 2nd half of that game, at least until he got hurt. I have to assume Peterman gets the start due to that injury. He hasn't had many, if any, snaps with the first team, and now will have to get up to speed on a shortened week. That works to our advantage.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I normally get nervous when we're facing a new QB for the first time - we seem to be jinxed in those situations. However, in this case, I think it's to our advantage. I have to disagree about Anderson looking brutal. I thought he was starting to get into a groove against the Pats in the 2nd half of that game, at least until he got hurt. I have to assume Peterman gets the start due to that injury. He hasn't had many, if any, snaps with the first team, and now will have to get up to speed on a shortened week. That works to our advantage.

Well, Peterman was their Week 1 starter. Won the job in pre-season before absolutely pissing it away in a horrific week 1 performance. He also relieved an injured Allen in Houston a couple of weeks back. I think he knows the offense. He's just been quite bad.

I suppose Anderson made some throws at points versus New England... but for the most part he looked rustier than the tin man out there.

Looking at Peterman's numbers, though. I think you're right about preferring to see him. I don't think he's ever had a game where he was anything but downright bad.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If peterman tears up the bears defense, I think I will mail the rest of the season in.

Osweiler was a guy who learned from peyton manning under Gase. He went back to gase’s offense and we were notified he would be he starter the day before. The defense was probably game planning for Tannehill and that threw them off a bit. With all that sad, it’s still inexcusable what the bears did in that game.

Peterman is a second year QB who has blown hard chunks every time he got the start. He has been atrociously bad and should never burn any team for the rest of his career. He could be the worst qb in the league.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If peterman tears up the bears defense, I think I will mail the rest of the season in.

Osweiler was a guy who learned from peyton manning under Gase. He went back to gase’s offense and we were notified he would be he starter the day before. The defense was probably game planning for Tannehill and that threw them off a bit. With all that sad, it’s still inexcusable what the bears did in that game.

Peterman is a second year QB who has blown hard chunks every time he got the start. He has been atrociously bad and should never burn any team for the rest of his career. He could be the worst qb in the league.

same

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if Peterman has a good day and beats us. I'll be very unhappy. Brock thing doesn't worry me. He honestly didn't even play well, to be honest. You're allowed one of those in a season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterman will get knocked out early and Matt Barkley will come in and shred us. Feel better guys?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterman will get knocked out early and Matt Barkley will come in and shred us. Feel better guys?

It would not shock me if we saw Barkley in the second half.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like we'll be resting Mack again. Robinson too. I rather like that. If we can't beat this BUF team with Peterman at the helm, regardless... that sucks. Get them both healthy for the upcoming divisional slate of games we have.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like we'll be resting Mack again. Robinson too. I rather like that. If we can't beat this BUF team with Peterman at the helm, regardless... that sucks. Get them both healthy for the upcoming divisional slate of games we have.
I don't want them playing if they're not at 100% anyway. Is a hobbled ARob appreciably better than more targets for Gabriel/Miller/Burton/Cohen with some White/Bellamy sprinkled in? Is a hobbled Mack that much better than a healthy Floyd/Lynch/Irving/Fitts? I'd have to say no, not when the risk is potentially prolonged or re-injury.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is a hobbled Mack that much better than a healthy Floyd/Lynch/Irving/Fitts? I'd have to say no, not when the risk is potentially prolonged or re-injury.

Eh... it's possible that the answer is yes to this one. Especially seeing as he'll still eat up double and triple teams, regardless. Which pays dividends on it's own. No other OLB on this roster brings that to the table on their best day. Assuming he's healthier than he was vs NE... a 75-80% Mack is a bigger impact player than probably 95% of OLB/DE's in the league. We know this because Mack never missed a game until Sunday and dominated in OAK through multiple injuries.

Robinson? I think he's important. However, I would agree that when hobbled... his role can be serviceably filled. We don't have a true stud. However, we have a lot of depth/good players at WR. I'd like to see us really role White out there just one game for a full slate of snaps and see what happens.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still haven't found anything that specifically states that Mack & Robinson are in or out of Sunday's game, aside from the always-confusing listing as questionable So that tells me they're both out. I sure hope so, especially Mack. I don't think he'll be needed to help contain the Bills weak offense. Smith and Trevathan will need to hold their ground, as I suspect the Bills will run at least a half dozen plays out of the wildcat. On the O side of the ball, I see Trubisky hoofing it about as many times in planned runs. I actually like when his number is called for a run. He is faster than many believe and makes good, quick cuts when busting a move.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still haven't found anything that specifically states that Mack & Robinson are in or out of Sunday's game, aside from the always-confusing listing as questionable So that tells me they're both out. I sure hope so, especially Mack. I don't think he'll be needed to help contain the Bills weak offense. Smith and Trevathan will need to hold their ground, as I suspect the Bills will run at least a half dozen plays out of the wildcat. On the O side of the ball, I see Trubisky hoofing it about as many times in planned runs. I actually like when his number is called for a run. He is faster than many believe and makes good, quick cuts when busting a move.

Against a good Bills D, his running game is the difference-maker, IMO.

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nathan Peterman is starting against us this week, with Josh Allen still sidelined and Derek Anderson having suffered a concussion.

honest to god had no idea Derek Anderson was still in the league lol. Actually looking at his stats, Anderson has been a decent backup.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Robinson/Mack wouldn't have practiced Friday (even on a limited basis) if the door wasn't being left open to them playing.

And yes... one thing you can't take away from Mitch is that he's a natural runner. Really, really good in the open field with the ball in his hands. Has a great nose for the first down marker as well.

What I like as well is that he seems to really protect himself when he runs. He rarely winds up seeing contact or putting himself in a compromising position. *Knock on wood*

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah. The Bears have already won. Grats!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robinson/Mack wouldn't have practiced Friday (even on a limited basis) if the door wasn't being left open to them playing.

Well that door must have been opened by just a tiny crack. Both are inactive today. No-brainer decision.