• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete out as HC!!!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a huge longshot that Michigan is going to get their 'ship vacated, but even if they do.... it still happened. They can't do a MIB and zap their memories. The tape of the game won't be erased. Those players, coaches, and fans still have the experience that they'll talk about forever. If you bet on Michigan to win, they won't come take your money. And because of all that, attempting to take it from them seems completely pointless.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a huge longshot that Michigan is going to get their 'ship vacated, but even if they do.... it still happened. They can't do a MIB and zap their memories. The tape of the game won't be erased. Those players, coaches, and fans still have the experience that they'll talk about forever. If you bet on Michigan to win, they won't come take your money. And because of all that, attempting to take it from them seems completely pointless.
Probably is, but that hasn't stopped the NCAA before.

And if they wanna be fair, they gotta keep vacatin' baby!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you guys that were not on board with Dan Quinn, KJ Wright said some things that made sense which made me feel better about him if he was the head coach. He pointed out that in his 2nd year as HC he took the Falcons to the super bowl then when he was hired as DC in 2 seasons the cowboys have a top 5 defense and drafted/developed Micah Parsons who looks like he is going to be a hall of famer. There are a multitude of teams trying to interview him and seems to be a hot candidate

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats hired Jerod Mayo to replace Bill Belichick.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats hired Jerod Mayo to replace Bill Belichick.

He was the presumptive choice. It will be interesting to see where Vrabel goes. I would be surprised if we don't at least interview him.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see where Vrabel goes. I would be surprised if we don't at least interview him.
I think right now, Vrabel is my top choice. We need a clean break from Pete, and I also think the next guy needs to be a little more of a disciplinarian. I know most people want an offensive-minded guy and I am sure I did for the longest time as well, but I'm thinking we need more roster tweaking on the D side and a guy like Vrabel would be better for that. Dan Quinn wouldn't be a bad choice, but his ties to Pete might make it tougher for him to implement change.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think right now, Vrabel is my top choice. We need a clean break from Pete, and I also think the next guy needs to be a little more of a disciplinarian. I know most people want an offensive-minded guy and I am sure I did for the longest time as well, but I'm thinking we need more roster tweaking on the D side and a guy like Vrabel would be better for that. Dan Quinn wouldn't be a bad choice, but his ties to Pete might make it tougher for him to implement change.

I go back and forth with Quinn. I think he's a good coach and there is certainly a good prodigal son returning home story there. But, as you say, he may continue the Pete way which we may want to move on from.

I'm personally indifferent to whether we draft an offensive or defensive guy. I want the guy that will be the best head coach and hire the best coordinators he can.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go back and forth with Quinn. I think he's a good coach and there is certainly a good prodigal son returning home story there. But, as you say, he may continue the Pete way which we may want to move on from.

I'm personally indifferent to whether we draft an offensive or defensive guy. I want the guy that will be the best head coach and hire the best coordinators he can.
How about this for some entertainment value in here: Dan Quinn is hired, brings over Darrell Bevell as the OC. Right now Bev is the QB coach and passing game coordinator in Miami.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this for some entertainment value in here: Dan Quinn is hired, brings over Darrell Bevell as the OC. Right now Bev is the QB coach and passing game coordinator in Miami.
and Gus Bradley as DC?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listened to Pete's interview with Brock and Salk. He pretty strongly implied that he was fired for non-football reasons and more because of "media" reasons.

It would have been nice if he could simply accepted that he hasn't got it done the past 3 years.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got punished because it was across multiple sports.
Doesn't matter, still lost their Natty and Heisman trophy. And they didn't have a guy fly cross country to steal other teams signs to win games.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if one guys helps a team cheat to win, then the wins should still count because only one guy knew they were cheating. Even though everybody still was cheating.

And also it doesn't matter if you cheat if you definitely totally were going to win anyway.

That is an interesting perspective.
Cheating is fine for some. They didn't do anything wrong the last 3 yrs.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you guys that were not on board with Dan Quinn, KJ Wright said some things that made sense which made me feel better about him if he was the head coach. He pointed out that in his 2nd year as HC he took the Falcons to the super bowl then when he was hired as DC in 2 seasons the cowboys have a top 5 defense and drafted/developed Micah Parsons who looks like he is going to be a hall of famer. There are a multitude of teams trying to interview him and seems to be a hot candidate
I think Quinn is perfect for this job. Rebuild the defense his way and bring in an OC with some creativity.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter, still lost their Natty and Heisman trophy. And they didn't have a guy fly cross country to steal other teams signs to win games.

Gotcha. The reasons why they did it doesn't matter. Makes sense.