• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete out as HC!!!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever the next HC is, I think we need someone clearly different than PC. When you have a disciplinarian follow a disciplinarian, you can get hard-ass fatigue and have some members of the organization sort of check out. Similarly, following a rah-rah players coach with another can cause some of those problems that got us here (penalties, poor tackling, knucklehead moves) by way of essentially lack of discipline get even worse. I am not saying we need Tom Coughlin or Bill Parcells, but a more hard-nosed approach might be good for the team.

On a slightly unrelated note, the guys on 710 this morning are saying that a couple names being circulated down in Tuscaloosa to replace Saban are Kalen DeBoer and Dan Lanning. What a blow it would be to lose DeBoer from UW after just 2 seasons.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever the next HC is, I think we need someone clearly different than PC. When you have a disciplinarian follow a disciplinarian, you can get hard-ass fatigue and have some members of the organization sort of check out. Similarly, following a rah-rah players coach with another can cause some of those problems that got us here (penalties, poor tackling, knucklehead moves) by way of essentially lack of discipline get even worse. I am not saying we need Tom Coughlin or Bill Parcells, but a more hard-nosed approach might be good for the team.

On a slightly unrelated note, the guys on 710 this morning are saying that a couple names being circulated down in Tuscaloosa to replace Saban are Kalen DeBoer and Dan Lanning. What a blow it would be to lose DeBoer from UW after just 2 seasons.

I think Lanning is going to be the man in Alabama. Former Bama coach and Georgia coach.

I think the bigger risk for DeBoer is if Harbaugh does leave Michigan. I could see them dump a ton of money to get him.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lanning is going to be the man in Alabama. Former Bama coach and Georgia coach.

I think the bigger risk for DeBoer is if Harbaugh does leave Michigan. I could see them dump a ton of money to get him.
So one way or the other, it may not be an impossibility that DeBoer gets whisked away by a blue blood.

How off the reservation is this thought: DeBoer goes to either Michigan or Alabama, and your next UW head coach...... Pete Carroll???

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just throwing it out there for those who may have the opportunity to listen: Pete is going to be on with B&S at 0930 pacific.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bad trades also hurt the roster, most of the blockbuster trades busted.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bad trades also hurt the roster, most of the blockbuster trades busted.
The worst of which: Max Unger being sent off in return for Graham. Graham was a productive player here but just didn't fit the expressed identity of the team. Unger did fit that, and I think that trade kicked off the gradual descent of the team from SB contender to what we are now. There were other decisions after that impacted as well, but I feel trading Unger started it down the hill.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both superb coaches and I'm not sure about DeBoer but Lanning did coach under Saban so it seems like a perfect match for Bama.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably yes if the 2 levels of infractions are somewhat minor combine with the sign stealing.
I could see them suspend Harbaugh for a whole season for something like that. Vacating the natty would wild overreach.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed for the most part. I would say that most teams with top level QBs don't build through free agency. They build through the draft and smart trades.

IMO, PC/JS got way too cute with their draft picks. I was actually talking to someone about this last night. When Pete came to the Seahawks he had a huge leg up on other teams because he personally knew a lot of the guys coming out of college since their college days. So he pulled a bunch of rabbits out of the hat early on with guys like Kam and Richard and Bobby. But by his 5th year he didn't have that inside knowledge but still felt like he was the prospect whisperer and could find diamonds in the rough. But he didn't.

He loyalty to coaches also probably didn't help.

It sounds like JS is being given the full reins to the team. So we will find out how good or bad he is pretty quickly. IMO, I think he is far more likely to draft a QB than Pete was. I could even see him move up if there was a QB he really liked.

I think JS had very little power until the Wilson trade... the 22/23 draft were VERY unlike other Seattle drafts with BPA and you can tell a lot of those players were NOT Pete Carroll picks. Hell Pete Carroll made it pretty damn obvious he refused to use JSN and Walker like they should be. Cross being a pass pro tackle (along with Lucas)... Hall also seemed like a Schneider pick and Carroll just blatantly refused to use him.

That said, remember it was Schneider that WANTED Wilson. Carroll wanted nothing to do with him. And say what you want about Wilson but IMO he's still a HOF QB. Schneider also wanted to move Wilson (when he was starting to become ineffective) for Allen... and there were other rumors he wanted Mahomes. The guy scouted and pulled the trigger with Rodgers as well.

I do agree with you if there's a QB that John loves in this draft, he'll pull the trigger and I'll be stoked because that probably is a good sign given his track record. That said, a number of those guys you can throw out the window given we're drafting 16.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JS had very little power until the Wilson trade... the 22/23 draft were VERY unlike other Seattle drafts with BPA and you can tell a lot of those players were NOT Pete Carroll picks. Hell Pete Carroll made it pretty damn obvious he refused to use JSN and Walker like they should be. Cross being a pass pro tackle (along with Lucas)... Hall also seemed like a Schneider pick and Carroll just blatantly refused to use him.

That said, remember it was Schneider that WANTED Wilson. Carroll wanted nothing to do with him. And say what you want about Wilson but IMO he's still a HOF QB. Schneider also wanted to move Wilson (when he was starting to become ineffective) for Allen... and there were other rumors he wanted Mahomes. The guy scouted and pulled the trigger with Rodgers as well.

I do agree with you if there's a QB that John loves in this draft, he'll pull the trigger and I'll be stoked because that probably is a good sign given his track record. That said, a number of those guys you can throw out the window given we're drafting 16.

Honestly I think the only 2 QBs that are certain to be unavailable are Williams and Maye. Even Daniels could fall to within striking distance. I definitely think the Seahawks could get one of Penix/Nix/Ward/McCarthy if they really like them.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see them suspend Harbaugh for a whole season for something like that. Vacating the natty would wild overreach.
I'm sure some thought the same for USC but they vacated their natty.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

USC was busted because their violations crossed by basketball and football and were pretty egregious. Had they not found the same violations in both sports, they probably wouldn't have had those games stripped.

Michigan's violations were violating COVID recruitment policies and being bigger cheaters than everyone else. No way NCAA does that.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC was busted because their violations crossed by basketball and football and were pretty egregious. Had they not found the same violations in both sports, they probably wouldn't have had those games stripped.

Michigan's violations were violating COVID recruitment policies and being bigger cheaters than everyone else. No way NCAA does that.
I would say going around the country stealing signs from teams on your schedule should be at least loss of scholarships. Vacating the Natty would depend on the level 1 and level 2 infractions.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shit USC was doing then is just common open practice now with NIL. And every big program was doing the same thing back then too.

If they vacated USC, they should vacate Michigan's as well. Gotta be fair and equitable, NCAA.

They should also add additional punishment to Michigan for being lame douchebags.

Reggie Bush was driving cool cars and getting with hot ladies.

JJ McCarthy does yoga, needs therapy at halftime, and gets with shirtless Harbaugh at slumber parties.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say going around the country stealing signs from teams on your schedule should be at least loss of scholarships. Vacating the Natty would depend on the level 1 and level 2 infractions.

Every team steals signs. They have people on the sidelines who do exactly that for every game.

They could fix this problem easily by doing what the NFL does and have mics in the QB and defensive captain's helmets. But they don't because they are fine with sign stealing.

Up until 1993 it wasn't even a violation to go other team's games and steal signs. They outlawed it because they thought it helped the big schools too much.