• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carroll is Out as HC in Seattle per Schefter

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It was a surprising move because the general feeling was Jody Allen was going to sell the team in the near future and would keep things status quo and let a new owner do whatever they wanted.

Haven't heard any of the details behind the scenes but feels like a move by John Schneider talking Allen into dumping Pete.

Maybe Hawks fans can correct me if I'm wrong but sounds like Schneider over the years was becoming the bigger power player in the front office than Pete and judging by their recent drafts it feels like they haven't been on the same page in the last couple years. The picks they've made in the last couple of drafts seem to go against what Pete traditional wants the team to operate going for more pass offense focused than the pound it up the middle and pass outside the numbers approach Pete wants on offense.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he’s staying on with the Seahawks in an advisor roll.
Unless another team calls up to ask about his coaching availability and then he could leave.

Didn't sound like a guy who wanted to give up coaching.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a surprising move because the general feeling was Jody Allen was going to sell the team in the near future and would keep things status quo and let a new owner do whatever they wanted.

Haven't heard any of the details behind the scenes but feels like a move by John Schneider talking Allen into dumping Pete.

Maybe Hawks fans can correct me if I'm wrong but sounds like Schneider over the years was becoming the bigger power player in the front office than Pete and judging by their recent drafts it feels like they haven't been on the same page in the last couple years. The picks they've made in the last couple of drafts seem to go against what Pete traditional wants the team to operate going for more pass offense focused than the pound it up the middle and pass outside the numbers approach Pete wants on offense.
I think that has some merit. I also think John is smart and knows that Pete's loyalty to his cronies is a huge issue and has been for some time. Especially on the defensive side. Ken Norton, Clint Hurtt, these guys are just terrible coordinators and I think behind the scenes, John secretly wants the team to follow the modern trend of an offensive HC with a proven top notch guy running the defense just like most of us fans do. Defensive HC's always hire lesser guys on that side of the ball, it seems. And the defense has underwhelmed and under-performed badly the last few years due to bad leadership and schemes. Especially in this division where Shanahan and McVay are miles ahead of the curve and Pete was light years behind those two. The big thing for Schneider now is how to trim the fat off this team and get the cap in order. He will also need another good draft to solidify his standing.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The picks they've made in the last couple of drafts seem to go against what Pete traditional wants the team to operate going for more pass offense focused than the pound it up the middle and pass outside the numbers approach Pete wants on offense.
That was more a product of Wilson being too short to see or throw into the middle of the field.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who they think they will get that is better than Carroll with so many other appealing openings available.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great career and great coach. Not many have won a Super Bowl and an NCAA title.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that has some merit. I also think John is smart and knows that Pete's loyalty to his cronies is a huge issue and has been for some time. Especially on the defensive side. Ken Norton, Clint Hurtt, these guys are just terrible coordinators and I think behind the scenes, John secretly wants the team to follow the modern trend of an offensive HC with a proven top notch guy running the defense just like most of us fans do. Defensive HC's always hire lesser guys on that side of the ball, it seems. And the defense has underwhelmed and under-performed badly the last few years due to bad leadership and schemes. Especially in this division where Shanahan and McVay are miles ahead of the curve and Pete was light years behind those two. The big thing for Schneider now is how to trim the fat off this team and get the cap in order. He will also need another good draft to solidify his standing.

Dan Quinn had Kyle Shanahan as his OC.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this indicates that Jody won't be aggressive in trying to sell the team, once she can.

The reports are that the drafts of the past couple of years were more John's picks than Pete's. And our draft picks over the past couple of years have been much better.

While the pundits all think the HC job is Quinn's to lose, I fully expected Schneider to do full due diligence in the job search.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless another team calls up to ask about his coaching availability and then he could leave.

He’s still signed with the Seahawks through next year, so sure if a team wants to give the Seahawks some assets.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pete to UW