• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete out as HC!!!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got you're self all twisted around. Take a break and relax. I've already explained it.

LOL. You are desperately trying to create a false equivalency.

Your explanation is "person flying across the country makes it worse" which isn't an explanation. It's just an assertion.

The NCAA literally pointed out that they went with a harsher punishment because the payments were happening across multiple sports which indicated a complete lack of oversight by the school. Your response? Doesn't matter.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. You are desperately trying to create a false equivalency.

Your explanation is "person flying across the country makes it worse" which isn't an explanation. It's just an assertion.

The NCAA literally pointed out that they went with a harsher punishment because the payments were happening across multiple sports which indicated a complete lack of oversight by the school. Your response? Doesn't matter.
Again! We get you want to be right about everything so have at it so you can sleep better

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Quinn is perfect for this job. Rebuild the defense his way and bring in an OC with some creativity.
I feel like quinn would be very lackluster, as close to running it back as you can get.

Go get ben johnson and vrabel to coach the D

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like quinn would be very lackluster, as close to running it back as you can get.

Go get ben johnson and vrabel to coach the D
I feel it won't be exciting also. However he did take the Falcons to the SuperBowl before things went off the rail in Atlanta, has done a fine job as DC for the Cowboys. So he has a solid resume, not sure he's the guy to groom the QB of the future, would need a really up and coming OC to handle the offense and groom that QB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what is the essence of the adjustments that are necessary?" Carroll said in a conversation that aired Friday. "That's where maybe we don't see eye to eye on, because I see it one way and I think I've got a way to fix it and I'm not going to kind of halfway fix it; I'm trying to fix it so it's perfect. I've got real precise and specific thoughts and they may not see if that way, they may not agree with it, they may not see that that's the right answer or that's not the answer that makes them feel good. The difficult part is, if you guys could know, it's really hard because they're not football people. They're not coaches, and so to get to the real details of it is really difficult for other people

That adjustment they were disagreeing on apparently was on obtaining a franchise QB and Pete wanted to stay with Geno. If this is accurate then bravo Jody! Also if true Seahawks are getting a rookie QB maybe even moving up to get one. Sure makes me happy.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what is the essence of the adjustments that are necessary?" Carroll said in a conversation that aired Friday. "That's where maybe we don't see eye to eye on, because I see it one way and I think I've got a way to fix it and I'm not going to kind of halfway fix it; I'm trying to fix it so it's perfect. I've got real precise and specific thoughts and they may not see if that way, they may not agree with it, they may not see that that's the right answer or that's not the answer that makes them feel good. The difficult part is, if you guys could know, it's really hard because they're not football people. They're not coaches, and so to get to the real details of it is really difficult for other people

That adjustment they were disagreeing on apparently was on obtaining a franchise QB and Pete wanted to stay with Geno. If this is accurate then bravo Jody! Also if true Seahawks are getting a rookie QB maybe even moving up to get one. Sure makes me happy.

I don't know if it means we are certain to go QB but certainly moving on from Pete means the chances of drafting a QB went from 0% to some number higher than that.

IMO, I believe that Jody was sold on a promise of great things when they traded Russ and it simply didn't happen.

I would be pretty surprised if the Hawks were actually leaking out draft strategy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it means we are certain to go QB but certainly moving on from Pete means the chances of drafting a QB went from 0% to some number higher than that.

IMO, I believe that Jody was sold on a promise of great things when they traded Russ and it simply didn't happen.

I would be pretty surprised if the Hawks were actually leaking out draft strategy.
IDK if any draft strategy been leaked out actually. Obviously expectations haven't been meet and the adjustment needed weren't agreed upon, that from Pete himself. Of course it doesn't mean the Seahawks are drafting a QB in the first round, but think NOW the DESIRE to find a franchise QB is there. Still remains to see if that is possible even if the desire is there.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK if any draft strategy been leaked out actually. Obviously expectations haven't been meet and the adjustment needed weren't agreed upon, that from Pete himself. Of course it doesn't mean the Seahawks are drafting a QB in the first round, but think NOW the DESIRE to find a franchise QB is there. Still remains to see if that is possible even if the desire is there.

Yeah. I'm sure JS would love to make a move for a QB. Remains to be seen if there is one to be made.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were not so close to winning with geno, love carroll but he clearly lost touch with football reality.

If schneider is determined to draft a QB, we might see some serious draft fireworks.

Trading into #1 seems completely out of the question, but neither nix or penix sound like "dream" QBs

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have a feeling John is working on some things to try and trade up but the problem is how far up can we trade to get one of the top 2-3 or 4 with other teams in the mix. If we are giving up assets to get a higher pick, it better be for someone that can make a difference. We also gave up that 2nd rd pick for Williams mid season that hampers us. We still need draft picks to build the roster, imo. Especially on defense. I guess the first thing is getting a solid coaching staff in place and then go from there.
On another note, Pete is in denial about things in that interview. He's been saying the same shit for half a decade and things have gotten progressively worse instead of better. I love Pete's positivity but sometimes it borders on delusion. Like his praise for Cody Barton when he was here and his love for guys like Darrell Taylor.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want Harbaugh or Quinn but think Quinn ends up in Seattle.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling John is working on some things to try and trade up but the problem is how far up can we trade to get one of the top 2-3 or 4 with other teams in the mix. If we are giving up assets to get a higher pick, it better be for someone that can make a difference. We also gave up that 2nd rd pick for Williams mid season that hampers us. We still need draft picks to build the roster, imo. Especially on defense. I guess the first thing is getting a solid coaching staff in place and then go from there.
On another note, Pete is in denial about things in that interview. He's been saying the same shit for half a decade and things have gotten progressively worse instead of better. I love Pete's positivity but sometimes it borders on delusion. Like his praise for Cody Barton when he was here and his love for guys like Darrell Taylor.
What is yr cap space like?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too be determined at the moment. They are currently sitting at close to 100% but there will be some cuts and manipulating to do in the next couple months for sure. Both safeties taking up way too much for limited returns and will likely be released and leave a dead cap. We have to dump Adams at this point and Diggs is washed. Lockett will need to re-structure or he may be a cap casualty. Dissly maybe gone as well. Some tough decisions have to be made.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well if that's true, I'm not too upset we're going in that new direction. I'll defend Geno as much as anyone here, but even I don't think he's taking us to a Super Bowl.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if that's true, I'm not too upset we're going in that new direction. I'll defend Geno as much as anyone here, but even I don't think he's taking us to a Super Bowl.

Yeah. While I do think Geno CAN take you to the Super Bowl it would only be because the team is absolutely stacked with talent. Ala Jared Goff with the Rams or Nick Foles with the Eagles. But that's expecting too much.

Not sure how I feel about giving up the farm to move up in the draft though. To move up to 5th would mean next year's 1st plus a 3rd plus some loose change.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of opportunity to create some breathing room by cutting Jamal Adams, Quandre Diggs, and a couple others that would add up to about $35M in '24 savings without much of a production dropoff. Tyler Lockett is scheduled to count $27M against the cap, and that seems untenable when DK is going to be right around there as well on a much newer contract. Cutting Lockett would open up another $7M as a pre-1 June move.