• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete got outcoached!

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you get burned twice in a game by trick plays when they have burned you in the past and have a rep for trick plays. Especially fake punts!

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was more than that, I'm afraid.

Boneheaded penalties, a defense that didn't even TRY, and that fumble that didn't get called near the end was merely to help put us out of our misery.

EVERYONE is to blame for this one, and Pete better say that in post-game!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fake punt pissed me off to no end... I was calling it for about a minute... WATCH THE FAKE PUNT!!!! PLEASE!!!! Rams have nothing to lose and they gambled... But we should a been ready for it...

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are not the team they were last year. The injuries have hurt a lot and so does the penalties. You can't tell me the Rams offensive line never committed holding all day! Its like every close call goes against the hawks.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, that fake punt on the Rams own 25 yard line would have fooled any coach. That took some serious balls by Fischer because they lose if they don't make that. Nobody does that. Nobody!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, that fake punt on the Rams own 25 yard line would have fooled any coach. That took some serious balls by Fischer because they lose if they don't make that. Nobody does that. Nobody!

Yeah but Fisher is knows for doing stuff like that.... No reason to not be prepared.... especially with a couple minutes left in the game...

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you get burned twice in a game by trick plays when they have burned you in the past and have a rep for trick plays. Especially fake punts!

Was that punt return a trick play? I'm still confused on how the hell that happened.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This^^^^. Fischer would of gotten roasted if that doesn't work. His lucky day.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fischer made some very risk calls today, but they paid off. I'd agree, Pete was out coached today.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the horrifically one sided officiating was the icing on the cake.

but look on the bright side, our offense finally woke up.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that punt return a trick play? I'm still confused on how the hell that happened.

This is the most confusing play of all. Interviews with Lockett earlier, they know exactly where the punter is kicking the ball, how far it is going and where about he is going to aim the ball. How they get faked out running to the wrong side of the field is beyond me

NinerFan52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fake punt pissed me off to no end... I was calling it for about a minute... WATCH THE FAKE PUNT!!!! PLEASE!!!! Rams have nothing to lose and they gambled... But we should a been ready for it...

I agree with DK. Play would've fooled most coaches bc nobody looks for a fake at that point in a game unless you are playing a Chip Kelly type. I think Seahawks were looking for a good return instead of worried about that.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to prepare for that though. All Seattle needs to do is call a fair catch. Nobody should give a shit about a return. Yeah, if they don't get the 1st down the Rams lose, but they were 1-4 and had nothing to lose. If they punt they lose too. I still cant believe nobody saw that coming.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes I think it was. I think they intentionally funneled the flow to Austin and our guys bit the hook. That was a pretty impressive play actually. The fake punt was just ballsy. Most coaches would get roasted doing that, and you don't pull those plays if you're a contending team with anything to lose.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to prepare for that though. All Seattle needs to do is call a fair catch. Nobody should give a shit about a return. Yeah, if they don't get the 1st down the Rams lose, but they were 1-4 and had nothing to lose. If they punt they lose too. I still cant believe nobody saw that coming.

Should been ready for it for sure, but a long punt would give the Rams a chance also. ST had a bad day.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should been ready for it for sure, but a long punt would give the Rams a chance also. ST had a bad day.

Of course, but the way the offense was moving the ball and us only needing a FG at that point, I think both sides knew what the outcome was going to be if we got the ball back.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone has ever considered Pete Carroll a coaching mastermind. He has been out coached and had terrible time management plenty of times during his tenure with the Seahawks.

That doesn't make him a bad coach, he's an excellent coach in fact. His strength is player development and getting the best out of the guys he puts out on the field. He didn't take this team to a Superbowl victory by outsmarting other coaches, he did it on the back of the players that he developed. It shouldn't surprise anyone that this will happen from time to time.

The Seahawks coaching staff does deserve credit for the adjustments they made at half time though. Russell Wilson was damn near unstoppable in the 2nd half.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone has ever considered Pete Carroll a coaching mastermind. He has been out coached and had terrible time management plenty of times during his tenure with the Seahawks.

That doesn't make him a bad coach, he's an excellent coach in fact. His strength is player development and getting the best out of the guys he puts out on the field. He didn't take this team to a Superbowl victory by outsmarting other coaches, he did it on the back of the players that he developed. It shouldn't surprise anyone that this will happen from time to time.

The Seahawks coaching staff does deserve credit for the adjustments they made at half time though. Russell Wilson was damn near unstoppable in the 2nd half.

Good points. I agree Seattle looked great second half. Hopefully they carry that going forward.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I think it was. I think they intentionally funneled the flow to Austin and our guys bit the hook. That was a pretty impressive play actually. The fake punt was just ballsy. Most coaches would get roasted doing that, and you don't pull those plays if you're a contending team with anything to lose.

That's pretty amazing. So you're saying that the Rams knew it was punted to their left yet they all went to the right to attempt to block and the Hawks all followed the Rams? Not one Seahawks knew where the ball was going?

That seems almost impossible, except I saw it work. :doh: