• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perspective

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I thought off yesterday after I was dealing with the way the 49ers played. If someone told me that we would be 2-1 after the 1st 3 games I would have been pretty happy. Mind you I would have assumed we lost to Green Bay but that is beside the point.

For the first time since the late 90's we are relevant as a Super Bowl contender. We had a bad game but someone else mentioned that this could have been the best game to lose. Let's be honest the Vikings had to play one of there best games to beat us and they did so cudos to them. Also with the Youngstown trip this week I'm sure Harbaugh is going to coach and motivate the team so we won't come out flat again.

The season is far from over but I think this loss will focus us for the rest of the season. That's my $.02

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually u see this in investment risk tolerance. after big gains (like two big wins) the next loss hurts more than if u lost first then had big gains. net effect being the same amount of returns or the same 2-1 record but because of the order of the gains/losses this loss hurts more than it otherwise would.

its ok, cuss brown wore the right sleeves today.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually u see this in investment risk tolerance. after big gains (like two big wins) the next loss hurts more than if u lost first then had big gains. net effect being the same amount of returns or the same 2-1 record but because of the order of the gains/losses this loss hurts more than it otherwise would.

its ok, cuss brown wore the right sleeves today.

It hurts but all loses hurt and if we played hard and lost I could stomach it more. My concern is the knee jerk reaction some fans are having. We are still a good team are we flawed yes but every team is. We need as fans to take a breath and view the 49ers for what they are a 2-1 team through 3 games

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, if both our Niners and the whoever team gives it their best, if the outcome falls short in our favor then fine. I, as a fan and competitor, can handle getting beat.

But if the other team gives it their 100% and we obviously half assed it, we lose, that gets me furious... it's the not playing their 100% that irks me at so many levels. Our best > the Vikings best....

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely agree with the 2-1 record and the joy it would have brought as a prediction - I think the tough part of the reality of our 2-1 record is that after starting 2-0, I expected to be 3-0 - So while it is the same record that brought happiness as a prediction it now brings a little disappointment in reality.

But becoming 3-1 will erase all the pain of being 2-1

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Granted if someone would have offered me 2-1 before the season started. I would have taken that. But after beating Green Bay and Detroit this game was obviously a potential "let down" game.

All will be forgiven if we win next week. Every team is susceptible to laying an egg once in a while. That is how I'm treating the Vikings game for now. If we loose next week, then it's time to re-evaluate things.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I completely agree with the 2-1 record and the joy it would have brought as a prediction - I think the tough part of the reality of our 2-1 record is that after starting 2-0, I expected to be 3-0 - So while it is the same record that brought happiness as a prediction it now brings a little disappointment in reality.

But becoming 3-1 will erase all the pain of being 2-1

yes, this lost hurts...any lost hurts, but more importantly......they need to re-group and go 3-1. while winning cures a lot of ills, losing exascerbates it. we don't want negativities to creep in.

its better to lose to AFC teams, not NFC teams. cause IF we get into tie breaker situations, your record in the NFC is one of them.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
putting it in perspective, we all know it'll come down to our West games.