• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peppers picked a peck of pickled Packers.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you are sounding like Mike now. The Lions lost a reserve player and replaced with with a player. Oh no. Seasons over. Pack it up. Lions are done.

So you assume Daryl Tapp and all that speed of his will hurry opposing QBs like Willie? (Im not bothered by Young leaving. But I don't expect Mayhew to replace him via the draft. He was BY FAR the best late round pick Mayhew has ever made.)

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you assume Daryl Tapp and all that speed of his will hurry opposing QBs like Willie? (Im not bothered by Young leaving. But I don't expect Mayhew to replace him via the draft. He was BY FAR the best late round pick Mayhew has ever made.)

I expect Jones to replace young. The only reason young saw that playing time last year was because Jones got hurt. As for filling needs in the draft, the Lions are likely likely drafting depth this year. I'd be surprised if more than 2 players in this draft make any immediate impact for us. Other than 1starter and maybe a slot guy or something our starters may very well be on our roster now.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't think we will draft a DE anywhere in the draft?

Also, remember Xanders stayed with the Lions. I like to believe he has a big role in player analysis. I think he will help us again this draft.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think we will draft a DE anywhere in the draft?

Also, remember Xanders stayed with the Lions. I like to believe he has a big role in player analysis. I think he will help us again this draft.

No, I don't. We lost one DEnd, brought one in. Unless they want to replace Tapp already. And Xander's drafted Tebow, tired of hearing about how smart that guy is.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Jones to replace young. The only reason young saw that playing time last year was because Jones got hurt. As for filling needs in the draft, the Lions are likely likely drafting depth this year. I'd be surprised if more than 2 players in this draft make any immediate impact for us. Other than 1starter and maybe a slot guy or something our starters may very well be on our roster now.

That what sucks the most.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't. We lost one DEnd, brought one in. Unless they want to replace Tapp already. And Xander's drafted Tebow, tired of hearing about how smart that guy is.

Dennard Robinson is still in the NFL and He's Fast.......Even the GM can't catch him to fire him, that's how fast he is.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do u think it was all him that drafted Tebow? So what does he get credit for? Does that make Belichek all of a sudden dumb now for bringing in Tebow?

People miss all the time in drafts and FA. Not everything works out for the best, but we had a successful draft last year. Xanders had some sort of hand in that, as did Mayhew. Somebody, somewhere has to get credit for our successful moves.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. Our team was close to being good last year. We don't need a major overhaul. Rather we need some tweets.

Our team was close to being good? I can't stop laughing at that......

If you ain't first your last.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do u think it was all him that drafted Tebow? So what does he get credit for? Does that make Belichek all of a sudden dumb now for bringing in Tebow?

People miss all the time in drafts and FA. Not everything works out for the best, but we had a successful draft last year. Xanders had some sort of hand in that, as did Mayhew. Somebody, somewhere has to get credit for our successful moves.

He was the GM, so yeah. The Pats lost absolutely nothing for signing him. They just cut him when he decided he was above playing Hback. I would have applauded Mayhew for making the same move. Nothing to lose there.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Lions are likely likely drafting depth this year.

Kreton -- if you truly believe the Lions are only drafting for depth this year, I apologize, but I can't help you.

Other than 1starter and maybe a slot guy or something our starters may very well be on our roster now.

If that is what Detroit gets out of the draft -- it would be tremendously disappointing, seeing as how they have the 10th overall pick and two picks in the top 45.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our team was close to being good last year.

Really? We finished the year 1-6 with losses to 5 teams who didn't make the playoffs and our one win was against a Green Bay team without Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cobb and Clay Mathews.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do u think it was all him that drafted Tebow?

No thinking needed. Evidence proves Tebow was McDaniels guy, 100%. That's why he reunited with him in New England, and not with Xanders in Detroit, because Xanders didn't draft him.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? We finished the year 1-6 with losses to 5 teams who didn't make the playoffs and our one win was against a Green Bay team without Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cobb and Clay Mathews.

Watch the games.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kreton -- if you truly believe the Lions are only drafting for depth this year, I apologize, but I can't help you.

If that is what Detroit gets out of the draft -- it would be tremendously disappointing, seeing as how they have the 10th overall pick and two picks in the top 45.

You will be disappointed and bitchy no matter what happens this year.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tapp is completely replaceable. He's on a one year, vet minimum contract. He's here because he wanted to be here, plays all three phases of special teams well, and signed for cheap. He's no lock to make the roster, not by a long shot. If we draft a DE, Tapp is the odd man out. When you're the 4th out of 4 DEs and you're an aging veteran who has washed out for three or four different teams your roster spot is never safe.

Xanders didn't draft Tebow, Josh McDaniels reportedly had full control over personnel the one year he was there. The next year he and Xanders were let go so John Elway could be handed the reigns...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the games.

I did -- we finished 1-6 to close the year out. Are you saying if I watched the game again, the outcome is going to change?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will be disappointed and bitchy no matter what happens this year.

If they draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round -- I will definitely be disappointed. If they go defense, defense, defense and more defense -- I will be ecstatic.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round -- I will definitely be disappointed. If they go defense, defense, defense and more defense -- I will be ecstatic.

Just imagine how happy you'll be if X, X, X and X actually produce on the field. Look out!