• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peppers picked a peck of pickled Packers.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unreal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was honestly kind of happy with the thought that peanut, Allen, and peppers were leaving the north. Sigh

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry -- the NFC North teams are saying the same thing about the Lions signings of Darryl Tapp and Vaughn Martin.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was honestly kind of happy with the thought that peanut, Allen, and peppers were leaving the north. Sigh

The only way this FA period can get worse for Detroit is if Jared Allen goes and signs with the Bears.

That way -- we not only don't get rid of Allen and Peppers -- we just see them flip flop teams in the division.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My eye hurts from rolling them so hard Mike. Any team in the north would take our d line over theres. So fucking what the Lions signed depth. Dig the sand out of your vagina and give it a rest. We are not going to have 53 perennial pro bowlers.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My eye hurts from rolling them so hard Mike. Any team in the north would take our d line over theres. So fucking what the Lions signed depth. Dig the sand out of your vagina and give it a rest. We are not going to have 53 perennial pro bowlers.

And not a single team in the North (well maybe Minnesota) would swap rosters with us. It is great that we have a solid Defensive Line, but when you only have 33 sacks as a team, which put up 27th overall in the NFL -- it isn't doing too much for us.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learn the game genius. We were top 3 in QB hurries. If all you want to do is study the stat sheets I can't do much for you. But believe me or don't, but there is more to a d line than just sacks.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers picked a peck of pickled Peckers, errr Packers. I meant Packers!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Learn the game genius. We were top 3 in QB hurries. If all you want to do is study the stat sheets I can't do much for you. But believe me or don't, but there is more to a d line than just sacks.

:laugh: You seem like a fun guy.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unfortunately, we let our leader in QB hurries walk (Young had 15, 10th in nfl), and replaced him with a scrub.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What scrub? Young played more because Jones was hurt. Maybe it's just me but I think young benefitted a lot from playing with with suh, Fairley, and Ansah. I don't expect any drop off from losing young. The Lions staff has to have whoever plays ready to play. The d line should be fine. If Caldwell and company can get our corners to cover better our d line should even more disruptive.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What scrub? Young played more because Jones was hurt. Maybe it's just me but I think young benefitted a lot from playing with with suh, Fairley, and Ansah. I don't expect any drop off from losing young. The Lions staff has to have whoever plays ready to play. The d line should be fine. If Caldwell and company can get our corners to cover better our d line should even more disruptive.

Well, I was referring to Tapp, but Jones would certainly qualify as well.

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get that puss rusher we wanted and on a decent deal. Ted Thompson generally hates Free Agency but he got an absolute steal. Sign Peppers, extend Raji...it's a good day.

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get that puss rusher we wanted and on a decent deal. Ted Thompson generally hates Free Agency but he got an absolute steal. Sign Peppers, extend Raji...it's a good day.
"puss rusher", lol. I must've been thinking about Cutler.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All those hurries did keep us out of the bottom 8 in passing yards against. That can be spun in a positive way Im sure. The Packers can't say that. They gave up .4 more a game. And signed Julius Peppers. We lost our best "hurry" guy to the Bears and signed Daryl freakin' Tapp.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was going to respond to this, but Broncosmitty beat me to it. Hurrying a QB is great, but when your secondary struggles and there is no play makers to force turnovers, it doesn't matter.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those hurries did keep us out of the bottom 8 in passing yards against. That can be spun in a positive way Im sure. The Packers can't say that. They gave up .4 more a game. And signed Julius Peppers. We lost our best "hurry" guy to the Bears and signed Daryl freakin' Tapp.

Speed edge rushers are a dime a dozen. They are 1 trick ponies. We can find one in the late rounds of the draft. That has been true for most drafts. Not like we lost a superstar.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to respond to this, but Broncosmitty beat me to it. Hurrying a QB is great, but when your secondary struggles and there is no play makers to force turnovers, it doesn't matter.

OK so you going to shit on the d line for doing their job too. In the end our defense was ranked 15th in the NFL last year. It really seems like you are bitching just to bitch at this point.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Be preparred for the same tired rhetoric in response to this, Kreton. Now that you've taken his passive-aggressive bait, ("What's you problem man? I was just voicing my opinion in a totally inflamatory manner, why are you attacking me?) he'll give vague suggestions about what we should have done, but no names, contract demands, details of any sort, etc... then he'll make untrue statements repeatedly until proven otherwise, then ignore said statements like they never happened. Once it's obvious that he's in over his head out comes the victim act, where he'll point out that you started it all.

He's a pretty predictable sort of guy... :nod: