• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Penguins vs Rangers Series Thread

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a flaw in roster construction to me.

I think it's the jersey. You put a Flyers jersey on and you forget how to play goal, you put on a Ranger jersey and you forget how to score in April.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhhh, it's a little tougher to tell intention here, and slow-mo that many have shown makes it seem like he had time to fully think about the choice. No suspension is pretty surpris...wait, it's not. It's really not. Absolutely worthy of suspension, being the point. Not really sure how they justify not being disciplined, actually. Pens fans keep going back to the Staal stuff, which also deserved some form of discipline, but ultimately it's irrelevant here. Should've gotten *something*.

Keep in mind that at the time Staal and Crosby had a bit of a history leading up to that. A couple of games before that one Crosby sent Girardi and Staal to the locker room with slashes that weren't called. The refs just seem to not care about this stuff but god forbid you grab a jersey for a second

I don't know how the league lets this stuff go yet claims they're worried about player injuries. Just come out and say it "No autopsy, no foul". Staal cross checks a guy with a history of concussions and nothing? Malkin did it to Giroux a few years back who also has that history and nothing?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that at the time Staal and Crosby had a bit of a history leading up to that. A couple of games before that one Crosby sent Girardi and Staal to the locker room with slashes that weren't called. The refs just seem to not care about this stuff but god forbid you grab a jersey for a second

I don't know how the league lets this stuff go yet claims they're worried about player injuries. Just come out and say it "No autopsy, no foul". Staal cross checks a guy with a history of concussions and nothing? Malkin did it to Giroux a few years back who also has that history and nothing?

If there's anything those emails that were unsealed taught us it's that the league is still run by old school assholes who prefer protecting what they believe is the sanctity of the game over the health of their players.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not blaming Hank at all, but
That's only said because the rest of the team can't score half the time. I'm definitely not a Rangers fan, but to put a lack of playoff success on Hank is ridiculous.

if not for hank the rangers don't make playoffs, but he has flaws, and they can happen at the most inopportune of times.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How Letang gets nothing is beyond me. Just awful.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It the NHL that is just a love tap to show respect for your opponent, nothing to see here.
But please don't ever flip off a ref or say something derogatory that happens to be caught on camera.
:L

Such a double standard. You can whack someone in the face but acting like a baby gets you suspended.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's anything those emails that were unsealed taught us it's that the league is still run by old school assholes who prefer protecting what they believe is the sanctity of the game over the health of their players.

Couldn't agree more.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that is something you don't see Lundqvist do often giving up that big of a rebound.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these refs suck... r u kidding rangers are gettin sticked, chopped at & scalped, and nash of all people gets an interference call? lol great jobs refs now 2 zip mission accomplished!!

keep opening your mouth AV about refs, its working out real well for us!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
refs trying to make up for it, no worries pitt fans our PP sucks

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know maybe the Pens should keep Malkin out of the lineup he could negatively affect chemistry.