• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Penguins vs Rangers Series Thread

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will change.

He's definitely lazy, he's very streaky. 10 good games, 10 games of being a ghost, but he's become a huge fan favorite here. And he had a pretty solid year. I certainly wasn't expecting almost 30 goals from him.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely lazy, he's very streaky. 10 good games, 10 games of being a ghost, but he's become a huge fan favorite here. And he had a pretty solid year. I certainly wasn't expecting almost 30 goals from him.

And he gets his widdle feewings hurt weal easy.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a world class tip by... not sure what that young man's name is.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lundy will go down as 1 of the great ones, stats say so... * has to be the worst goaltender under 2 minutes! i can't figure this out, is it him, or what's in front? GOSH!!!!!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rangers are the best at taken each other out with injury, and i mite add, taking each other out of the play, really lundy, cullin? what da puck?

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose sleep walking through the three 2nd period power plays doesnt seem like a great Idea. Once again, no urgency until it was too late. Seems to be a theme under AV.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just all-around, exactly what the Penguins ordered. They won with a rookie 21-year old playing is first playoff game on the road (coming back from injury), juggling lines to get Malkin going and trying to get Maatta up to speed. Also overcame a deflating shorty from Nash. It wasn't a perfect game - Malkin in particular is obviously still rusty - but it wasn't something to build on. For the first time in this series, the Pens looked like the same squad that romped thru the end of the regular season.

That aside, Rangers weren't that bad, and it's an interesting matchup. Speed against size and strength - both teams dictate play in different ways. When the Pens are on their game, their rush and forecheck are relentless, by the time you have the puck you need a line change and then they're at it again. Rangers look much more dangerous when they establish control in the zone, they seem to draw players down low and then fine lots of time at the point, or even the high slot.

Game 3 should be good - I expect the Rangers to come out flying.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just all-around, exactly what the Penguins ordered. They won with a rookie 21-year old playing is first playoff game on the road (coming back from injury), juggling lines to get Malkin going and trying to get Maatta up to speed. Also overcame a deflating shorty from Nash. It wasn't a perfect game - Malkin in particular is obviously still rusty - but it wasn't something to build on. For the first time in this series, the Pens looked like the same squad that romped thru the end of the regular season.

That aside, Rangers weren't that bad, and it's an interesting matchup. Speed against size and strength - both teams dictate play in different ways. When the Pens are on their game, their rush and forecheck are relentless, by the time you have the puck you need a line change and then they're at it again. Rangers look much more dangerous when they establish control in the zone, they seem to draw players down low and then fine lots of time at the point, or even the high slot.

Game 3 should be good - I expect the Rangers to come out flying.

It was pretty solid, actually ;)

Overall I agree, didn't love the second period, but the first and third were great. Definitely looked like the team I'd become accustomed to watching. Speed, speed, speed. And their work in the third was just as shutdown as it gets. Rangers had six shots on goal in the final 30 minutes of the game. The Rangers had two shot ATTEMPTS in the final 5:30. Attempts!!!

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some more stats, Rangers had 33 shot attempts tonight. Phil Kessel is a shot producing machine. Frankly he's been just great. CF% tonight was just under 70%, has 33 SA this series, got 17 shots on net. More of this Phil...this is exactly why you're here.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am a loyal rangers fan, still think the team is a special team, but a few of the players that some call great maybe just an exaggeration.. how many rings does the king have? congrats Pitt on the win, and sure looks like the right moves were made to put your team back in it! GL rest of way!

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am a loyal rangers fan, still think the team is a special team, but a few of the players that some call great maybe just an exaggeration.. how many rings does the king have? congrats Pitt on the win, and sure looks like the right moves were made to put your team back in it! GL rest of way!

Of goalies to play in 100+ playoff games Henrik is 2nd in save%. I guess its his fault the skaters cant put more pucks in the net.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of goalies to play in 100+ playoff games Henrik is 2nd in save%. I guess its his fault the skaters cant put more pucks in the net.

PLUS

Some more stats, Rangers had 33 shot attempts tonight. Phil Kessel is a shot producing machine. Frankly he's been just great. CF% tonight was just under 70%, has 33 SA this series, got 17 shots on net. More of this Phil...this is exactly why you're here.

EQUALS

NYR should have picked up Phil the Thrill last offseason. Match made in heaven. And I hear there are lots of hot dog carts near MSG.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

it has been said the Rangers go as far as Hank takes them, that's all I'm saying