• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Penguins vs Rangers Series Thread

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll admit that was definitely a shit call, but there was defintiely a few bad calls against us, especially against Stalberg

Really the whole first game had maybe like one call that made semi-sense. The early calls against the Rangers were barely regular season calls. It was like they wanted to control a game that was getting chippy, but...it wasn't. Then after two shit calls against the Rangers they needed a makeup call. That's the moment refs are screwed, because they spend the rest of the game making up for their mistakes.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's always one sided when the Pens play the Rangers. Has been since Crosby got into the league. That being said, it wasn't the refs that cost the Rangers the first game. The refs didn't make Girardi and Miller forget how to play the game

Boohoo, the poor Rangers, refs are against us, refs love Crosby, blah blah blah. It gets so tiring. There are bad calls all the time; this is the worst-reffed league in professional sports. But the Crosby narrative is thoroughly discredited, considering he is never near the top of the league in drawn calls, and frankly, takes a lot of uncalled abuse. Do Rangers fans honestly forget the cheapshots Staal regularly dished out the last two postseasons? Here's a reminder - it went uncalled by the way:

cropped_crosby.gif

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boohoo, the poor Rangers, refs are against us, refs love Crosby, blah blah blah. It gets so tiring. There are bad calls all the time; this is the worst-reffed league in professional sports. But the Crosby narrative is thoroughly discredited, considering he is never near the top of the league in drawn calls, and frankly, takes a lot of uncalled abuse. Do Rangers fans honestly forget the cheapshots Staal regularly dished out the last two postseasons? Here's a reminder - it went uncalled by the way:

View attachment 108784

first off, i think the pens fans on here have been pretty good about not going off on us rangers fans for the whining, the refs suck no doubt, but you have to admit they suck a lot better in pens favor.... haha, i lol at staal crosscheckin crosby , did he even feel it? f staal lets go rangers!! and u pens fan ain't getting girardi back for game 3, NO WAY !

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Pens right the ship, they still have to solve Henrik again. Can't expect another Ranger player to take him out again.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Pens right the ship, they still have to solve Henrik again. '

'Can't expect another Ranger player to take him out again.

lol, i don't know about that one, if mcdonagh comes back....

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first off, i think the pens fans on here have been pretty good about not going off on us rangers fans for the whining, the refs suck no doubt, but you have to admit they suck a lot better in pens favor.... haha, i lol at staal crosscheckin crosby , did he even feel it? f staal lets go rangers!! and u pens fan ain't getting girardi back for game 3, NO WAY !

Look, we've been playing Ben Lovejoy...it's only right that Girardi gets time.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its your turn for one of your players to take out your goalie:thumb:

Oh come on...we're playing our third stringer! I'll draw the line at anymore goalie casualties.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 108784

You can deny it if you like but the calls are usually one sided. Considering I said that was not the reason the Rangers lost the game and that the last 2 playoff meetings the Rangers won I'm not exactly making a big deal about it. And I don't think it's that Crosby necessarily gets calls, he just doesn't get penalties called against him. That's what happens with superstars in just about every sport, to deny it is ridiculous.

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 games in 7 days. Maybe the NHL will mandate they have mid-period naps too.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 games in 7 days. Maybe the NHL will mandate they have mid-period naps too.

It's ridiculous. I don't know of any events that would have caused the delays in NYC at MSG. God knows the Knicks aren't playing. Maybe some of the Hoops Pens fans like @pixburgher66 can tell us if there was something going on in Pitt (Concerts etc) that may have delayed the series on that end. Probably just the league milking this series and the rest for as many stand alone games as possible

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ridiculous. I don't know of any events that would have caused the delays in NYC at MSG. God knows the Knicks aren't playing. Maybe some of the Hoops Pens fans like @pixburgher66 can tell us if there was something going on in Pitt (Concerts etc) that may have delayed the series on that end. Probably just the league milking this series and the rest for as many stand alone games as possible

There really wasn't...Consol isn't really booked this time of the year for this very reason. I just assumed it was MSG, because, you know, it's MSG.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if the Pens right the ship, they still have to solve Henrik again. Can't expect another Ranger player to take him out again.

Don't put it past Marc Staal. Last year he "accidentally" lifted Henrik's throat protector as a shot was coming in and Henrik took one and was out a couple of weeks. Now he poked him in the eye.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really wasn't...Consol isn't really booked this time of the year for this very reason. I just assumed it was MSG, because, you know, it's MSG.

Now I'm curious and I'm going to check. I don't remember any big crowds the last few days (I pass MSG every day going to Penn Station) but maybe I was too early.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't see anything on the calendar that would have interfered. Looks like they milked it.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers plan to hand out bracelets tonight at MSG - All I want to hear tonight is the Rangers PA guy utter the words "This isn't Philadelphia"